The God Of Order

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saturday 4-13-24 7th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Nisan 4 5784 26th Day of Spring

Today's Devotional

Read: Genesis 1:1-10 | Bible in a Year: 1 Samuel 22-24; Luke 12:1-31

Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

The earth was complete chaos, and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2 nrsv

Seth took all the medications he could find in the medicine cabinet. Raised in a family filled with brokenness and disorder, his life was a mess. His mom was regularly abused by his father until his dad took his own life. Now Seth wanted to “just end” his own. But then a thought came to mind, Where do I go when I die? By God’s grace, Seth didn’t die that day. And in time, after studying the Bible with a friend, he received Jesus as his Savior. Part of what drew Seth to God was seeing the beauty and order in creation. He said, “I . . . see things that are just beautiful. Someone made all this.”

In Genesis 1, we read of the God who indeed created all things. And although “the earth was complete chaos” (v. 2 nrsv), He brought order out of disorder. He “separated the light from the darkness” (v. 4), placed land amid the seas (v. 10), and made plants and creatures according to their “kinds” (vv. 11-12, 21, 24-25). The One who “created the heavens and earth and put everything in place” (Isaiah 45:18 nlt) continues to, as Seth discovered, bring peace and order to lives surrendered to Christ.

Life can be chaotic and challenging. Praise God that He’s not “a God of disorder but of peace” (1 Corinthians 14:33). Let’s call out to Him today and ask Him to help us find the beauty and order He alone provides.

What chaos are you experiencing in your life? How can God help you bring order and peace to it?
Creator God, thank You for the peace and order You alone provide. In You, broken things become beautiful.
Learn more about the book of Genesis.

INSIGHT​

The book of Genesis (meaning “beginning” or “origin”) is attributed to Moses, along with the four Old Testament books that follow (known collectively as the Torah or Pentateuch). This Genesis narrative outlines the origin of the world, the human race, sin, and the Jewish people.

Moses was well educated “in all the wisdom of the Egyptians” (Acts 7:22) and may have had access to Jacob’s records or other sources, along with the stories passed down through the generations. In the Pentateuch, we read that God instructed Moses to write down His words (Exodus 17:14; 34:27), and that he obeyed (24:4; Numbers 33:2; Deuteronomy 31:9).

Throughout the Old Testament, others point to his authorship (1 Kings 2:3; 2 Chronicles 34:14). Jesus Himself refers to “the Book of Moses” (Mark 12:26). But Moses didn’t write on his own. He wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21).

By tom felten| April 13th, 2024

Creation Genesis 1:1-10

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saturday 4-13-24 7th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Nisan 4 5784 26th Day of Spring

Today's Devotional's Devotional

Read: Genesis 1:1-10 | Bible in a Year: 1 Samuel 22-24; Luke 12:1-31

Download MP3
Subscribe to iTunes

The earth was complete chaos, and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2 nrsv

Seth took all the medications he could find in the medicine cabinet. Raised in a family filled with brokenness and disorder, his life was a mess. His mom was regularly abused by his father until his dad took his own life. Now Seth wanted to “just end” his own. But then a thought came to mind, Where do I go when I die? By God’s grace, Seth didn’t die that day. And in time, after studying the Bible with a friend, he received Jesus as his Savior. Part of what drew Seth to God was seeing the beauty and order in creation. He said, “I . . . see things that are just beautiful. Someone made all this.”

In Genesis 1, we read of the God who indeed created all things. And although “the earth was complete chaos” (v. 2 nrsv), He brought order out of disorder. He “separated the light from the darkness” (v. 4), placed land amid the seas (v. 10), and made plants and creatures according to their “kinds” (vv. 11-12, 21, 24-25). The One who “created the heavens and earth and put everything in place” (Isaiah 45:18 nlt) continues to, as Seth discovered, bring peace and order to lives surrendered to Christ.

Life can be chaotic and challenging. Praise God that He’s not “a God of disorder but of peace” (1 Corinthians 14:33). Let’s call out to Him today and ask Him to help us find the beauty and order He alone provides.

What chaos are you experiencing in your life? How can God help you bring order and peace to it?
Creator God, thank You for the peace and order You alone provide. In You, broken things become beautiful.
Learn more about the book of Genesis.

INSIGHT​

The book of Genesis (meaning “beginning” or “origin”) is attributed to Moses, along with the four Old Testament books that follow (known collectively as the Torah or Pentateuch). This Genesis narrative outlines the origin of the world, the human race, sin, and the Jewish people.

Moses was well educated “in all the wisdom of the Egyptians” (Acts 7:22) and may have had access to Jacob’s records or other sources, along with the stories passed down through the generations. In the Pentateuch, we read that God instructed Moses to write down His words (Exodus 17:14; 34:27), and that he obeyed (24:4; Numbers 33:2; Deuteronomy 31:9).

Throughout the Old Testament, others point to his authorship (1 Kings 2:3; 2 Chronicles 34:14). Jesus Himself refers to “the Book of Moses” (Mark 12:26). But Moses didn’t write on his own. He wrote under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21).

By tom felten| April 13th, 2024

Creation Genesis 1:1-10

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Read full chapter

Love, Walter And Debbie
Hi Walter And Debbie,
I have to wonder at the differences of this verse from my versions.

[2] "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." from the KJV (my version), and the nrsv that you quoted:

"The earth was complete chaos, and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2 nrsv"

Italics are my own, for emphasis.

Blessings to you all!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Walter And Debbie,

[2] "And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." from the KJV (my version), and the nrsv that you quoted:

"The earth was complete chaos, and darkness covered the face of the deep, while a wind from God swept over the face of the waters. Genesis 1:2 nrsv"

Blessings to you all!
Hi Nancy, What are your thoughts?

Love, Walter

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Walter And Debbie,

Blessings to you all!
Nancy, I think that we can see what is the difference, 1st. I did not pay attention to the version, I just pasted the page from Our Daily Bread as it was, but I'm glad that you caught that.

Another thing is that it is copyrighted and I can not change that, and this is the reason that I stopped pasting the stories.

Love, Walter And Debbie

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my, sorry Walter, I totally forgot to send this the other day, after you asked me what I thought about the word chaos:

Well,
Chaos to me means disorder, discord, even violence?
Blessings brother...I visited 2 churches today an must pray fervently as to which one God would have me go to. Decisions, decisions, decisions!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my, sorry Walter, I totally forgot to send this the other day, after you asked me what I thought about the word chaos:

Well,
Blessings brother...I visited 2 churches today an must pray fervently as to which one God would have me go to. Decisions, decisions, decisions!
I Just woke from the craziest dream. I dreamt that I was on-line and I kept seeing articles and stories about a specific tattoo people were getting which looked a little like the one I made in paint. This tattoo signifed that those who had it were saved by grace without doing anything at all because Jesus already did it for them when he died and rose again. No confession of faith, no belief, no changing of their worldly ways, no salvation message. This dream was disturbing and many non believers as well as Christians were getting this tattoo. I'm sure we will see something similar arise in the future

THAT DREAM was angelinas dream .
THIS IS Exactly what i been warning against for years sister nancy . for years
and yet for years those i loved and did warn , most all of them call me judger , hater
self righteous , devil , anti christ .
BUT know this . JESUS IS NEVER GONNA HONOR SIN or any other path to GOD but FAITH IN HIM .
so guess what that means . ALL OTHER RELIGOINS ARE FALSE
and JESUS dont hold rainbows or honor any sin . JUST like i been saying for years .
Look at that dream . look at it real good . cause it is a warning FROM GOD about what is going on
and what has come to pass and will come to pass . look at it real close .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well,
Yes Nancy you are correct.

Love, Walter And Dbbie

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Nancy you are correct.

Love, Walter And Dbbie
I Just woke from the craziest dream. I dreamt that I was on-line and I kept seeing articles and stories about a specific tattoo people were getting which looked a little like the one I made in paint. This tattoo signifed that those who had it were saved by grace without doing anything at all because Jesus already did it for them when he died and rose again. No confession of faith, no belief, no changing of their worldly ways, no salvation message. This dream was disturbing and many non believers as well as Christians were getting this tattoo. I'm sure we will see something similar arise in the future

ANGELINA had this dream . the very thing i been warning against for years . IT IS TAKING ANY AND ALL
not in the lambs book of life RIGHT UNTO ITS LIE . under guise its the love of GOD . SATAN IS DOING THIS
and yet many within christendom THINK ITS GOD . OH NO IT AINT . its a STRONG DELUSION
meant to UNIFY all who loved a lie RIGHT TO the day of armegeddon . ITS GROWING LIKE WILD FIRE
on WILD DRY GRASS being fed by white gas too . WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING and now .
i been warning against this for years and though the more i love the less i be loved for doing so .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that tattoe or etc SOUNDS LIKE THE MARK OF THE BEAST . promising salvation to all .
i noticed something else . its like a digital tattoe . Which i believe means its tied into the digital system
by which if one has it not , conforms not , THEY NO BUY THEY NO SELL EITHER .

Reactions: Marvelloustime