The good things happening here on earth.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So there may be a lot negative going on here on earth, but there is also a lot of good going on here on earth, whether it be advancement in technologies, new cures, new medicines, new ways to reduce pollution, Kindness, care, helping one another, etc.

Here is a thread for the good things happening here on earth.

Now I am someone who sees clean energy as a good thing, it's a good thing that people want to cut down on pollution by finding other ways of creating electricity. I watched this video the other day on Nuclear energy, and I am amazed at how much power a little piece of Uranium has.

There is also a massive solar power plant later on the video that has a machine to clean them without using a single drop of water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul
R

Rita

We have a massive wind farm off the coast in Brighton, in the sea.
There are good things happening, it’s kind of hard to find links to them at times because outlets just seem to focus on the negative. I must say that I personally see positives in the laughter we have at work, the banter between one another that keeps us going. The laughter that often fills my home when Dan and I find common ground, well generation gaps and our differences often make it challenging to laugh at the same things.

My dad found it so amusing when I accidental put my mobile phone in the wash - well I had no choice but had to laugh along with him !!
The laughs me and my sister in law have on the way home from work, our relationship as in laws has just been such a blessing since my ex died last dec. We rarely saw one another until we had to trek to the hospice and she supported three of my children, while I supported dan here. COVID meant she became my taxi in lockdown, and that continued throughout the year. I can honestly say she has become the sister I never had.

I realise these things are not big things, but in my world they take the focus of the negatives and help me to smile.
Rita

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Apart from advances in technology there have been some remarkable people doing good things during this pandemic. People befriending vulnerable strangers and looking after their needs. People supplying food to those whose finances have suffered or who can't get out. People going the extra mile to reach out to neighbours to lift spirits and keep communities in tact when they are locked in. Almost every night on the news we hear about such selfless acts that it warms the heart.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So there may be a lot negative going on here on earth, but there is also a lot of good going on here on earth, whether it be advancement in technologies, new cures, new medicines, new ways to reduce pollution, Kindness, care, helping one another, etc.

Here is a thread for the good things happening here on earth.

Now I am someone who sees clean energy as a good thing, it's a good thing that people want to cut down on pollution by finding other ways of creating electricity. I watched this video the other day on Nuclear energy, and I am amazed at how much power a little piece of Uranium has.

There is also a massive solar power plant later on the video that has a machine to clean them without using a single drop of water.

I see a lot of good coming from individuals like Rita and Pearl explained but i don't see good coming from industry, their only interested in profit.

That video is serving the climate change agenda but im willing to overlook that because even though i see the climate change theory as being a load of hog wash i do want to see less pollution.

Nuclear energy is old technology from the 1950s. To call it "clean energy" you have to ignore the mining and disposal of uranium.
The video also fails to mention the huge cost of it all compared to traditional energy sources...

As for solar power its all just a scam... We could all have our own solar power system and not pay a cent to any energy companies...
But thats not what they want... They aren't trying to make our lives any better...

Back in the day things were built to last and customer service was paramount... Now things are built to break... Planned obsolescence...
And customer service has taken a back seat to profit...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see a lot of good coming from individuals like Rita and Pearl explained but i don't see good coming from industry, their only interested in profit.

That video is serving the climate change agenda but im willing to overlook that because even though i see the climate change theory as being a load of hog wash i do want to see less pollution.

Nuclear energy is old technology from the 1950s. To call it "clean energy" you have to ignore the mining and disposal of uranium.
The video also fails to mention the huge cost of it all compared to traditional energy sources...

As for solar power its all just a scam... We could all have our own solar power system and not pay a cent to any energy companies...
But thats not what they want... They aren't trying to make our lives any better...

Back in the day things were built to last and customer service was paramount... Now things are built to break... Planned obsolescence...
And customer service has taken a back seat to profit...

Ha, customer service has left the building!! :(

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ha, customer service has left the building!! :(

Ye take Sony for example... 25 years ago they released their 1st playstation... It came with a 3 year warranty
My machine started to fail about a month before the end of warranty. Sony replaced it for a new one, no questions asked...
Now they only give a 1 year warranty on their products and trying to get some customer support is almost impossible

Reactions: APAK and Nancy

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Josho,

I have not seen your video link yet, but I do thank you for emphasising the positive.

On television, as I type, there is a programme about the planting of trees, and of taking care of the soil, with neighbourhood initiatives taking place around the UK to increase and improve green spaces. Encouraging children to plant trees with their parents, in order to gain an understanding of the importance of trees, plants and the quality of our soil.

I love the provision God made for the earth to rest and recuperate after planting and harvesting had taken place, in the Old Testament (eg., Leviticus 25:4-5) . How wise His instruction is, and what we lose by not taking notice and applying the instruction He has given.

With my thanks, Josho,
In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Reactions: Josho and Pearl

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again, @Josho,

I heard the other day, from my daughter, of a programme she had listened to concerning a study taking place in regard to the ant, and it's method of dealing with infection. The infected ant will automatically separate itself from the colony, to protect it, but also the other ants produce a substance which deals with certain fungal infections, and they treat their infected member.

God tells the sluggard to go and study the ant and learn by it's industry, and hard work. There is so much within God's creation that has something to teach us, and show us how we should be living and applying ourselves, to maximise not only our lives, but the lives of those around us (Proverbs 6:6).

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye take Sony for example... 25 years ago they released their 1st playstation... It came with a 3 year warranty
My machine started to fail about a month before the end of warranty. Sony replaced it for a new one, no questions asked...
Now they only give a 1 year warranty on their products and trying to get some customer support is almost impossible

Same on my end of the swamp Christo. Nobody stands by their products anymore hence, ya gotta spend even more just for "insurance". GREED1

Reactions: APAK

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello again, @Josho,

I heard the other day, from my daughter, of a programme she had listened to concerning a study taking place in regard to the ant, and it's method of dealing with infection. The infected ant will automatically separate itself from the colony, to protect it, but also the other ants produce a substance which deals with certain fungal infections, and they treat their infected member.

God tells the sluggard to go and study the ant and learn by it's industry, and hard work. There is so much within God's creation that has something to teach us, and show us how we should be living and applying ourselves, to maximise not only our lives, but the lives of those around us (Proverbs 6:6).

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi Chris,
Now that is awesome! One of the smallest of creatures can teach us so very much, thanks for sharing this!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello @Josho,

I have not seen your video link yet, but I do thank you for emphasising the positive.

On television, as I type, there is a programme about the planting of trees, and of taking care of the soil, with neighbourhood initiatives taking place around the UK to increase and improve green spaces. Encouraging children to plant trees with their parents, in order to gain an understanding of the importance of trees, plants and the quality of our soil.

I love the provision God made for the earth to rest and recuperate after planting and harvesting had taken place, in the Old Testament (eg., Leviticus 25:4-5) . How wise His instruction is, and what we lose by not taking notice and applying the instruction He has given.

With my thanks, Josho,
In Christ Jesus
Our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Some interesting posts there @charity thanks for your input, and Leviticus 25:4-5 wow some good verses there, thanks for highlighting that, even in the Bible there was an importance in letting the land rest.

Reactions: Nancy and charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'And He said unto them,
"Take heed, and beware of covetousness:
for a man's life consisteth not
in the abundance of the things which he possesseth."'

(Luke 12:15)

Hi @Josho & Co.,

When we buy an appliance, or a vehicle which needs some form of maintenance, the first thing we do is look at the manual, or instructions provided, to ensure that we use it correctly, and do what is necessary to keep it fit for purpose, and prolong it's life. Yet, when it comes to creation, we do not consider the manual God has given us.

In His dealings with Israel, with the instruction He gave them to prolong their lives, and keep them healthy, to manage the land and increase it's productivity there is much to learn. With His warnings against covetousness, and instruction regarding the poor among them, the jubilee, and land management, in the knowledge that it was ultimately God's land and not their own.

If we looked upon the world around us as God's possession and not our own, and ourselves as being keepers of the land and not possessing it for our own gain, how different our outlook would be. This really is something that we could study with benefit, and give serious thought to how the application of God's word could change our priorities and our attitude towards Him, to ourselves, and to those around us.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Josho and Nancy

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My last TV last ONLY 2 years. to the month....stove fan motor bearing went out after 1 year....after the warranty period....and there are more exs of course

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Crazy...they sell their goods claiming their product is the best BUT...:rolleyes:
All the same hype and false or deceitful advertising. I just buy stuff with this mindset knowing they are all lying..my expectations are very low these days.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All the same hype and false or deceitful advertising. I just buy stuff with this mindset knowing they are all lying..my expectations are very low these days.
Lol...Mine to APAK. I expect the dishonesty, so I never put my faith in anyone but God and...He can lead us even to the most corrupt mechanic, or any service that is dishonest, and have them find favor with us if we...TRUST Him :)

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought this thread was supposed to be about good things.
There are many good things in my life Pearl. My wife, my long lost sister...etc...my life knowing my Lord is with me above all...I just cannot though ignore or dismiss these wild beasts dressed in professional dress, smiling in my face and attempting to destroy my country, or should I say ALL OUR countries; attempting to take our freedoms away. I'm a realist, and I love to be a dreamer at times, just not today.

Bless you,

APAK

Reactions: Nancy