The Goodness of People

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You hear it all the time; I am just trying to good; the best I can.

Have you ever read this scripture?

10 as it is written:

“None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”

Do you still do good things that are right in your own mind? Does that make us good in accordance to who God is?
Are we able to get to God based on the works we do, or is by and through the Son of God Jesus Christ, who is the way, the truth, and the life?

Do you believe you are good?

I know I am not good and am imperfect and am in need of a Saviour; God pulls out of the darkness of this world into the light of the kingdom of His Son by and through faith and trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the light of all mankind; who is compassionate towards other no matter their situations; Jesus Christ heals those who are spiritually weak; by and through the encouragement of what He teaches and speaks about.

My encouragement; Go and seek what the bible says about what Jesus Christ has to say; listen to him; but also remember that this is a story that was in the past, and pay close attention to the words you are reading; and who is being spoken to. Because I believe all of books of the bible are God breathed; written by men who had the holy spirit; and they wrote what they did; and also sometime wrote from their human side as well. This is a history of the past; and the things that happened in the past, and their is great value of wisdom found in the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 20: But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Mark 6: 47When evening came, the boat was in the middle of the sea, and Jesus was alone on land. 48He could see that the disciples were straining to row, because the wind was against them. About the fourth watch of the night,g Jesus went out to them, walking on the sea. He intended to pass by them, 49but when they saw Him walking on the sea, they cried out, thinking He was a ghost— 50for they all saw Him and were terrified.

But Jesus spoke up at once: “Take courage! It is I. Do not be afraid.” 51Then He climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. And the disciples were utterly astounded, 52for they had not understood about the loaves, but their hearts had been hardened.

Colossians 1:
9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have full endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light.

13He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and also sometime wrote from their human side as well.
What does that mean to you, that they wrote from their human side? That not all the Bible has divine authorship?

Much love!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, sometimes Paul would write from his own thoughts and speak as a man. That is why I say that, Marks. I do believe that it was God-breathed absolutely.

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You hear it all the time; I am just trying to good; the best I can.

Have you ever read this scripture?

10 as it is written:

“None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”

Do you still do good things that are right in your own mind? Does that make us good in accordance to who God is?
Are we able to get to God based on the works we do, or is by and through the Son of God Jesus Christ, who is the way, the truth, and the life?

Do you believe you are good?

I know I am not good and am imperfect and am in need of a Saviour; God pulls out of the darkness of this world into the light of the kingdom of His Son by and through faith and trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the light of all mankind; who is compassionate towards other no matter their situations; Jesus Christ heals those who are spiritually weak; by and through the encouragement of what He teaches and speaks about.

My encouragement; Go and seek what the bible says about what Jesus Christ has to say; listen to him; but also remember that this is a story that was in the past, and pay close attention to the words you are reading; and who is being spoken to. Because I believe all of books of the bible are God breathed; written by men who had the holy spirit; and they wrote what they did; and also sometime wrote from their human side as well. This is a history of the past; and the things that happened in the past, and their is great value of wisdom found in the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 20: But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

Mark 6: 47When evening came, the boat was in the middle of the sea, and Jesus was alone on land. 48He could see that the disciples were straining to row, because the wind was against them. About the fourth watch of the night,g Jesus went out to them, walking on the sea. He intended to pass by them, 49but when they saw Him walking on the sea, they cried out, thinking He was a ghost— 50for they all saw Him and were terrified.

But Jesus spoke up at once: “Take courage! It is I. Do not be afraid.” 51Then He climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. And the disciples were utterly astounded, 52for they had not understood about the loaves, but their hearts had been hardened.

Colossians 1:
9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have full endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light.

13He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

You definitely picked a good topic Matt, in reality everyone believes they are righteous Pro 21:2, yet Jesus shows that most are not, and in fact all of us are sinners, including his disciples. Doing good is good and all Christians do their utmost to live the faith, which means doing good not only to our friends, but even our enemies Mat 5:44. Not an easy thing to do, but far from impossible. Great post sir.

Reactions: MatthewG

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, sometimes Paul would write from his own thoughts and speak as a man. That is why I say that, Marks. I do believe that it was God-breathed absolutely.

and He breathed on them and said receive the breath of life/ Holy Ghost, because only in Him Matt, is there life.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Robert Gwin

Let me tell you from an experience that was had several months ago that kind of intrigued me to hear; was a young woman who believed that all people are Gods children. Upon hearing this my response was that is not true; only those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ are a child of God. In which was a response of ' Well I believe if He created us He is our Father. ' I left the conversation there.

I believe that as human beings we are all created us. But that doesn't make God our Father in my estimation (unless you are looking towards Him in and through faith inwardly by and through the heart (Only God knows our hearts)); though this young woman had an positive outlook as though all people are Gods children it was not the truth at least in according to what the scripture says about those who receive (lay hold of 2983; lambano) Christ Jesus are given the (authority/made right/privilege 1849 exousia) to become Children of God (because of being born again from above), by and through faith (believing 4100 pisteuo).

I most certainly believe in loving God and loving Man of course (regardless of who they are or what they think; because their own life is in between them and God, but I also desire to give the truth too).

In this life there is life with God; or life without God -> Where is life found but in the Lord Jesus Christ. To sift through lies and deception and yet give the truth is a great suffering. Though people will continue to believe how ever they want; either with knowledge of what the bible and the truth it lays out; or to with no knowledge of what the bible has to say. All predicated on choice. God knows all these situations; and all we can do is live and love and pray, worshiping in spirit and in truth.

It is good to hear from you, Robert.

Hello @Waiting on him ; thank you for the comment friend, good to hear from you.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Enoch111

I agree with you; it is why the need for the Lord Jesus Christ is so dire to the individual life for He is the only solution in this world; that helps to heal a broken heart; and broken spirit. I found this scripture the other day looking up scripture of 'God is'.

Isa 12:2 “Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.”