The Gospel of the Kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . is, Israel, the head of the nations.

While the gospel of Grace is our personally salvation.

Is this correct?

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Is this correct?

Much love!

If we acknowledge that Israel will soon begin to bless all of the nations by becoming a Holy Nation and God's Kingdom of Priests for all of the nations, while they remain scattered throughout all of the world.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we acknowledge that Israel will soon begin to bless all of the nations by becoming a Holy Nation and God's Kingdom of Priests for all of the nations, while they remain scattered throughout all of the world.
This is to do with "what" and not "when".

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is to do with "what" and not "when".

Much love!

Mark your first question that I responded to was: -

And to answer this question, we need to also state the when, which is what I did.

The second part of the OP was: -

Which is a statement of what you believe, but Israel will also be offered the same Gospel of Grace in our near future built on the same foundation as we have, that Jesus is the Son of God which can be found in the OT prophecies concerning the regathering of the Nation of Israel by God to Himself.

Mark, my understanding is that you are a "Pre-triber" in your understanding of God's Grace, and you believe that you will disappear when the going gets tough on the face of the earth. So, I wonder if your question is that relevant since you believe that will not be around when God's Gospel of Grace will be dispensed to all of the nations of the world after you are gone/have disappeared, by Israel, because there will not be any "Christians", like you around, on the face of the earth to also be a part of the Royal Priesthood as spoken about by Peter.

1 Peter 2:4-10: The Chosen Stone and His Chosen People

4 Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, 5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 Therefore it is also contained in the Scripture,

"Behold, I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone, elect, precious,
And he who believes on Him will by no means be put to shame."​

7 Therefore, to you who believe, He is precious; but to those who are disobedient,

"The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone,"​

8 and

"A stone of stumbling
And a rock of offense."​

They stumble, being disobedient to the word, to which they also were appointed.

9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; 10 who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.​

God's promise, as foretold in Daniel 2 is that in our near future, during the time of the many kings of the earth having dominion over Babylon, that a Rock, untouched by any human hands, will come down out of heaven, as the Foundation Stone of God's Everlasting Kingdom here on the face of the earth and that it will crush the feet of the Statue such that it will topple over and be ground into chaff and dust to be blown away by the winds of the spirit moving on the face of the earth.

This rock, that comes down out of heaven, will become the highest mountain/religion on the whole face of the earth after this time.

God's gospel of Grace is found in this prophetic story that is to unfold in our near future. It is the story of God's Salvation Covenant with all of mankind. Yes it is available for us now, but it is the same Gospel of Grace that will be available to the Nations of the earth in our near future where all of Mankind should worship the Son of Man. (Daniel 7:13-14)

Shalom

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is a statement of what you believe, but Israel will also be offered the same Gospel of Grace in our near future built on the same foundation as we have, that Jesus is the Son of God which can be found in the OT prophecies concerning the regathering of the Nation of Israel by God to Himself.
This is where you are confusing the question I'm asking by mixing in timelines.

I'm not saying you get one or other, or when or what order.

So for instance, that the Gospel of the Kingdom refers to Israel becoming the head of nations, this would be the point, when being a different question.

All may receive the gospel of grace, but the Gospel of the Kingdom is for Israel, do you agree?

Much love!

Reactions: charity

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

So for instance, that the Gospel of the Kingdom refers to Israel becoming the head of nations, this would be the point, when being a different question.

All may receive the gospel of grace, but the Gospel of the Kingdom is for Israel, do you agree?

Much love!

No. Abraham was asked by God to walk in God's earth, i.e. God's kingdom, from the time that God entered into a covenant with Him. Israel was expected to follow Abraham's example of walking in God's earth/kingdom, but they did not and chose to walk in the land that they could see.

God's Kingdom is not just for Israel, it is available for all who are His Saints. The promise of receiving the whole earth as our inheritance, being the Son of God, with God being our father, is the same for the Gentile Christians as for a Holy Israelite nation. It is our inheritance after the final Judgement time.

Jesus told us in Matt 13:52, that He came to preach the Gospel of Salvation to Israel, which has been in place since the beginning of time, from the time of Adam.

Now to answer your Question.

If Israel means "Christ," then yes I would agree with you, but it seems to me that you are referring to the Descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as being Israel and as such I would disagree with you.

Was not the nation of Israel to become servants to be a blessing for all of the nations, and is that not the lot of those who have also received the Gospel of Grace.

It also seems to me that it is you who has confused the timelines of God's prophecies.

Shalom

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Abraham was asked by God to walk in God's earth, i.e. God's kingdom, from the time that God entered into a covenant with Him. Israel was expected to follow Abraham's example of walking in God's earth/kingdom, but they did not and chose to walk in the land that they could see.

God's Kingdom is not just for Israel, it is available for all who are His Saints. The promise of receiving the whole earth as our inheritance, being the Son of God, with God being our father, is the same for the Gentile Christians as for a Holy Israelite nation. It is our inheritance after the final Judgement time.

Jesus told us in Matt 13:52, that He came to preach the Gospel of Salvation to Israel, which has been in place since the beginning of time, from the time of Adam.

Now to answer your Question.

If Israel means "Christ," then yes I would agree with you, but it seems to me that you are referring to the Descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as being Israel and as such I would disagree with you.

Was not the nation of Israel to become servants to be a blessing for all of the nations, and is that not the lot of those who have also received the Gospel of Grace.

It also seems to me that it is you who has confused the timelines of God's prophecies.

Shalom

51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.
52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.
53 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence.

I'm referring specifically to "the Gospel of the Kingdom".

Matthew 4:23 "And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people."

Much love!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But is that Gospel of the Kingdom the same as your Gospel of Grace?
Hello Jay Ross,

From one point of view we can truthfully say that there is only one gospel, and by that I mean that all men everywhere, whether Jew or Gentile, are sinners, that it is one God Who saves, and One Offering that provides the basis of such salvation. But if we intend by the expression 'there is only one gospel' to sweep aside all the dispensational differences that are observable, we shall be guilty of speaking an untruth.

Gospel means 'good new', and there have been several forms and variations of 'good news' given in Scripture, shown by the description given to each, for God does not use words without intention, . e.g.,

The gospel of the KINGDOM (Matthew 4:21)
The gospel of Jesus Christ ... the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:1 & 14)
The gospel preached to every creature with SIGNS FOLLOWING (Mark 16:15-18)
The gospel of GOD (Romans 1:1)
The gospel of HIS SON (Romans 1:9)
The gospel of CHRIST (Romans 1:16)
My gospel (Romans 2:16, Romans 16:25, 2 Timothy 2:8)
The glorious gospel or the gospel of the GLORY of Christ (2 Corinthians 4:4)
The gospel of the UN-CIRCUMCISION (Galatians 2:7)
The gospel of the CIRCUMCISION (Galatians 2:7)
The gospel of the GRACE OF GOD (Acts 20:24)
The gospel of YOUR SALVATION (Ephesians 1:13)
The gospel of PEACE (Ephesians 6:15)
The gospel of the GLORY of the BLESSED GOD (1 Timothy 1:11)
The EVERLASTING gospel (Revelation 14:6)

In addition to this we should also add Ephesians 3:6 and 2 Timothy 1:10-11, where the gospel is defined as that of which Paul had been a minister, a preacher, an apostle and a teacher of the Gentiles. It would be absurd and untrue to suggest that because I have compiled a list of 15 different titles of the Gospel, that there are fifteen 'gospels', but it would be equally untrue to sweep aside all the manifest differences that are here, and reckon them to be of little or no importance.

For example in The Everlasting Gospel (Revelation 14:6), the exhortation is to 'fear', the reason is because the hour of 'judgment' has come, and worship is directed to Him Who made heaven and earth. In it there is not one mention of faith, no mention of Christ, no reference to redemption, no promise of life, no mention of the forgiveness of sins. Though this is an extreme case, it does show that care must be taken in observing the differences that exist where the word GOSPEL is used in Scripture.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: marks and Jay Ross

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Is this correct?

Much love!
Hi @marks,

As we know, the Gospel of the Kingdom, initially, was preached by John the Baptist, and our Lord Jesus Christ:-

'Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.'

(Mar 1:14-15)

It is worth noting also that it was accompanied by the healing of all manner of sickness and disease . In Matthew 10, the 'twelve' are commissioned to preach this gospel of the kingdom also, and here we not only have the accompaniment of healing (v.8) but also the restriction: 'Go not into the way of the Gentiles'.

* Among those so commissioned was Peter. There is no reason to doubt that he preached this gospel 'with signs following'. Yet in Matthew 16, we find him making it manifest that he did not know that Christ should suffer and be killed (Matthew 16:21-23). So therefore in the gospel of the kingdom another example of a preaching with most evident Divine approval that had no place in it for 'Jesus Christ and Him crucified'. It would be just as wrong for anyone to preach this gospel of the kingdom today as it would be to preach the everlasting gospel.

* In the commission given in Mark 16:15-20, this gospel must include the sacrifice of Christ, for the one offering had been made, and here the words, '
every creature,' cancels the limitation imposed in Matthew 10. Here, 'Go ye,' countermands, 'Go not', yet it is still necessary to note such stipulations as these:-

1)
'He that believeth AND IS BAPTIZED shall be saved' which is entirely opposite to the present-day teaching, 'He that believeth is saved', whether he sets forth his faith by subsequent baptism or not. And -

2) '
These signs SHALL FOLLOW them that believe': an honest reading of what those signs comprise, will compel most of us to admit that we have therefore no evidence of our salvation if Mark 16 is dispensationally true for us today.

* Such conditions were evidenced during the Acts of the Apostles as we can see in such verses as, Acts 2:38, and Acts 28:1-9, where baptism precedes salvation and where Paul though bitten by a viper suffered no harm, and diseases were healed. So Mark 16 was fulfilled during the Acts period, and it's terms obtained right up to the last chapter. For these conditions belonged to
'the hope of Israel', a hope expressed in Acts 1:6 and confessed in Acts 28:20, and which therefore is the background of all the intervening ministry of the Apostles.

* There are two phases to this gospel during this period, as a reference to Galatians 2:7 (1-14) makes clear. Paul went up to Jerusalem '
by revelation', and his purpose is expressed in the words 'I communicated unto then that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles' which, to say the least, makes it appear that those in Jerusalem did not preach exactly the same message. Peter, James and John evidently differentiated between their teaching and his, as is seen in Galatians 2:7-9.:-

'But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter ... ... they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship'

* There is so much more that could be said about this, but this will have to be enough for now.

With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
The current Israel was no longer as the head of the nations (Galatians 4:21-29) because they're the same as Hagar; since Jesus, the priviliges of Abraham hath spread to all nations whosoever believes in the righteous law of Jesus (Matthew 22:34-40). Many people doesn't care about this main law of Jesus, rather they liked to burden themselves with many laws that bring nothing to their religious lives.
That's why Jesus didn't make an exclusiveness of people based on the history and religion. Because since Jesus, all mankind of all nations and religion became as one of 12 tribes of Israel because the whole world was the Abraham's offsprings of Sarai, Hagar, and Keturah. Keturah was the one which exodus to Asia and as the source of Asian religion in the past. So, that's why Jesus was born from the descendants of Abraham (Matthew 1:1-17), and he had give the salvation to all mankind of every nation and religion (Ephesians 2:11-22).
All biblical Israel was refers to Ezekiel 18, so, God doesn't care about the privileges of Israel because He hath gave the salvation to whosoever doeth the main law of Jesus.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The current Israel was no longer as the head of the nations (Galatians 4:21-29) because they're the same as Hagar; since Jesus, the priviliges of Abraham hath spread to all nations whosoever believes in the righteous law of Jesus (Matthew 22:34-40). Many people doesn't care about this main law of Jesus, rather they liked to burden themselves with many laws that bring nothing to their religious lives.
That's why Jesus didn't make an exclusiveness of people based on the history and religion. Because since Jesus, all mankind of all nations and religion became as one of 12 tribes of Israel because the whole world was the Abraham's offsprings of Sarai, Hagar, and Keturah. Keturah was the one which exodus to Asia and as the source of Asian religion in the past. So, that's why Jesus was born from the descendants of Abraham (Matthew 1:1-17), and he had give the salvation to all mankind of every nation and religion (Ephesians 2:11-22).
All biblical Israel was refers to Ezekiel 18, so, God doesn't care about the privileges of Israel because He hath gave the salvation to whosoever doeth the main law of Jesus.
' ... And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail;
and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath;
if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God,
which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them: ... '

(Deu 28:13)

Hello @Yan,

Israel will be the Head of the nations in God's time and according to His purpose.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
'Now after that John was put in prison,
Jesus came into Galilee,
preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
And saying," The time is fulfilled,
and the kingdom of God is at hand:
repent ye, and believe the gospel."

(Mark 1:14)

Hi @marks,

There are those who say that the Kingdom of God is spiritual. However, God's kingdom as it relates to the earth, is neither wholly spiritual nor wholly material, but a blending of both. Basically, it is spiritual, but when established must and will have physical and material results which will finally effect the whole world.

Nothing less than this adequately sets forth the rule of God over the earth, as portrayed in the Scriptures. It will then be the time when the earthly kingdom prayer will begin to be fulfilled. 'Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.'

Thank you
With love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Jesus made salvation to all mankind and it was written here :

Titus 2:11-15
11. For the grace of God hath appeared, bringing salvation to all men,
12. instructing us, to the intent that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly and righteously and godly in this present world;
13. looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14. who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a people for his own possession, zealous of good works.
15. These things speak and exhort and reprove with all authority. Let no man despise thee.

Acts 10:34-36
34. Then Peter started speaking: “I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism in dealing with people,
35. but in every nation the person who fears him and does what is right is welcomed before him.
36. You know the message he sent to the people of Israel, proclaiming the good news of peace through Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all).

But let the world knows that Jesus was not shown favoritism among mankind, and let the world knows that all the grace of God came from Jesus, because He was king of the kings and lord of the lords.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Is this correct?

Much love!
If you mean geographical and political Israel today in Palestine, I don't think so.
Geographical and Political Israel has abandoned the great commission given to it as a privileged people. Jesus summarised their abandonment of their previous privilege ... 'your house is left to you desolate'

Getitright

Nov 7, 2019
North Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
No, there are not two Gospels.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
. . . is, Israel, the head of the nations. While the gospel of Grace is our personal[ly] salvation. Is this correct?
Why are you trying to compare apples and oranges?

Israel will indeed be the head of nations after the Second Coming of Christ. But the Gospel of Grace will apply as much to redeemed and restored Israel as it does to the Church. There is only one Gospel, and Christ Himself is our salvation.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this correct?

The Gospel of the Kingdom is as simple as the fact that there is a king coming to rule. Had Israel received Jesus as their messiah, then the Kingdom would have come in the first century, But because of their unbelief, The Gospel went forth to the nations, which is the mystery of the church age, the time of the gentiles. Read Romans 11... The Gospel of the kingdom will be preached once again before the end. Matthew 24:14 says so clearly... And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

What does this mean? All it means is that the King of Kings is coming again!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you trying to compare apples and oranges?

Israel will indeed be the head of nations after the Second Coming of Christ. But the Gospel of Grace will apply as much to redeemed and restored Israel as it does to the Church. There is only one Gospel, and Christ Himself is our salvation.
Why do you always start your posts with a criticism?

Do you understand my question?