The great harlot Rev 17, 18

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I cannot say I agree with your interpretation of Revelation and the Harlot, I believe it to be something else.

But I do agree with you that we must choose Christ over religion.

Rev_17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
Catholic church is the mother of all mens religions.

Why do you think He said,

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well I have decided to start a new thread about The great harlot mentioned in Revelation chapter 17.

"Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.” So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication. And on her forehead a name was written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement. But the angel said to me, “Why did you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns. The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. “Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits. There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time. The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition. “The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast. These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast. These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of Lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful.” Then he said to me, “The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tongues. And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire. For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kingdom to the beast, until the words of God are fulfilled. And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

Many people claim to know who the woman in Revelation chapter 17 is, in verse 18 it says "And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth."

So what is that great city? I guess more to point which city is the modern day Babylon? Who is Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots mentioned in Revelation?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rev_17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

1Co 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
Catholic church is the mother of all mens religions.

Why do you think He said,

Rev_18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

I think without debate we can say fornication has been normalized in the past 2-3 decades, and Hollywood has been the centre of the entertainment world for many decades now, there also has been an oversexualization of the entertainment industry, could we say Hollywood is the modern day Babylon?

Possibly.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wish has become a reality... I am going to enjoy LEARNING about this TOPIC... THANK YOU.....

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think without debate we can say fornication has been normalized in the past 2-3 decades, and Hollywood has been the centre of the entertainment world for many decades now, there also has been an oversexualization of the entertainment industry, could we say Hollywood is the modern day Babylon?

Possibly.

This is absolutely true.... NO way of denying that Hollywood and fornication being normalized is a huge huge REALITY... However.. they are NOT representing CHRIST or the CHURCH... Is this Harlot not a representation of EVIL within the church??

I have to make a disclaimer statement here... If I ask a stupid question or make a wrong assumption... PLEASE be gentle with me... I asked Josho to start this topic...as I am REALLY wanting to learn about the end time prophesies... I know NEXT to nothing about this topic... so I am looking for all schools of thought... BE patient with this little lamb... who is so eager to learn...

Reactions: Rita

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is absolutely true.... NO way of denying that Hollywood and fornication being normalized is a huge huge REALITY... However.. they are NOT representing CHRIST or the CHURCH... Is this Harlot not a representation of EVIL within the church??

I am not sure if I can say so, that's why we have this thread.

But with you saying that, we can also say LGBTQ agendas has made its way into a few denominations already unfortunately, we can also say that fornication is seen as acceptable amoung some younger Christians from my generation and the next one. Some non-Christian ideologies and practices have been creeping into some Christian lives.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not sure if I can say so, that's why we have this thread.

But with you saying that, we can also say LGBTQ agendas has made its way into a few denominations already unfortunately, we can also say that fornication is seen as acceptable amoung some younger Christians from my generation and the next one. Some non-Christian ideologies and practices have been creeping into some Christian lives.

I absolutely agree with this... but I would say that this harlot covers an even LARGER territory than sexuality.

I need to spend the next 24 hours just reading and meditating on this scripture in Revelation... I am so hoping that people can discuss this topic in an informative and respectful manner... I have so much to learn. Looking so forward to what others have to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Josho

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Possibly.
Your talking "physical" this is spiritual ..

[MKJV] Revelation of John 2:20
20 But I have a few things against you because you allow that woman Jezebel to teach, she saying herself to be a prophetess, and to cause My servants to go astray, and to commit fornication, and to eat idol-sacrifices.
21 And I gave her time that she might repent of her fornication, and she did not repent.
22 Behold, I am throwing her into a bed, and those who commit adultery with her into great affliction, unless they repent of their deeds.
23 And I will kill her children with death. And all the churches will know that I am He who searches the reins and hearts, and I will give to every one of you according to your works.

You are supposed to be the "bride of Christ spiritually a woman, the church is a woman spiritually, you know what happens when a woman joins her self to a woman?

You have a husband "Jesus", when you join a church, you are comitting adultry on your Husband Jesus, Spiritually.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the great harlot/whore is not just one person as been said its a wide variety
LGBTQ agendas has made its way into a few denominations already unfortunately, we can also say that fornication is seen as acceptable among some younger Christians from my generation and the next one. Some non-Christian ideologies and practices have been creeping into some Christian lives.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho
Remember what Jesus did in the temple with the buyers and sellers, mens churches have done the same, claim to be His bride but prostituted herself with the world, that too is why she is a harlot with lots of daughters. Notice all female, Christ is coming for bride not a husband nor a prostitute.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth

So could the great harlot also be linked to the rising amount of people getting involved in witchcraft?

You live in Australia too, I am not sure whether if you have heard or seen anything in your area. But have you noticed, while Christianity has been on a decline, the participation in alternative spirituality (witchcraft) has been on the increase?

People have been looking at other spiritual direction, examples magic circles, moon rituals, new age, sorcery, witches, witchdoctors, tarot cards, psychics, shamanism.

Could that be the harlot? Because even a few Christians have gotten involved in witchcraft. Some Christians even mix Christian spirituality with tribal spirituality.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth

So could the great harlot also be linked to the rising amount of people getting involved in witchcraft?

You live in Australia too, I am not sure whether if you have heard or seen anything in your area. But have you noticed, while Christianity has been on a decline, the participation in alternative spirituality (witchcraft) has been on the increase?

People have been looking at other spiritual direction, examples magic circles, moon rituals, new age, sorcery, witches, witchdoctors, tarot cards, psychics, shamanism.

Could that be the harlot? Because even a few Christians have gotten involved in witchcraft. Some Christians even mix Christian spirituality with tribal spirituality.
Where talking of church. All that is deception, what we give ourselves to. Christ or the world.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where talking of church. All that is deception, what we give ourselves to. Christ or the world.

Witchcraft is a great deception to many, because as you may be aware, witchcraft also produces results too, but it isn't without consequences, and most don't know what they are messing with when they get involved in it.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes it is a great deception to many, because as you may be aware, witchcraft also produces results too, but it isn't without consequences, and most don't know what they are messing with when they get involved in it.

This is why I say the beasts in Revelation are probably black magicians practicing witchcraft, because they are going to have to deceive a lot of people.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyway those are just some of my views of where, who and what the great harlot could be.

I will try to read more into it Rev. 17 and 18.

However @mjrhealth it does not disapprove of Christians fellowshipping together.

Some people may very well be called to go to Church, some people may be called to have Church services at home, some people may be called to have Ekklesia at the local cafe, different Christians are called different places.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if I may

In the bible fornication has to do with playing the harlot. The jews were continually charged with fornication/playing the harlot because of their continual pagan worship. They wanted to try to worship God and Baal both and were called out for it.

I am not sure fornication in Rev here means actually sexual sin, But spiritual fornication. The harlot being the system which has been there since babylon was created after the flood.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@mjrhealth

I really think it's all those things @Josho... It's a combination of all the evil deeds ... which would indeed include witchcraft .... I do think you are on the right track... I believe this harlot is all the perversions in the Church... both seen and unseen. Anyways... I did say I would meditate on this scripture... LOL

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mjrhealth

I think Witchcraft has been around for many years.. When it comes to the beast and certain powers. I think it is demonic. Remember we have the man of sin which is controlled by satan himself. and the false prophet which does signs and wonders.