• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ came and paid for the whole world - all peoples - sin one time for all people that pleased God's justice against sin. Jesus Christ has overcame, hell, sin, death, the grace, and even Satan. Did you know that all people are going to a heavenly realm - either outside or inside of the Heavenly Jerusalem?

All people non-believer, and believer a like will receive a resurrected body that is spiritual and from God. No one goes to hell because in scripture Hell gave up the dead with-in it. The bride of Christ was back in the past that was gathered in 70ad. Though even now today we are still part of the Body of Christ as believers and there is benefits to having Christ in your life now today.

That is the great news to me. Knowing that our Lord has overcome all of these things, and all that is required of us to walk in faith, by the spirit, worshipping God in spirit and truth.

No need to argue or debate against anyone if you do not believe any of this that is okay; even if you are from different denominations of the faith itself; what is important is having love for God, and love for others not matter where they are in life.

Just desired to share my viewpoint that allows freedom in Christ; and freedom to the body of believers walk by faith, by the spirit, worshipping God in spirit and truth, love for God, and love for others.

Thank you for reading and take care. If you have any rebuttals however you may present them, know now though - I most likely will not respond.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG
Just so you know, there is nothing new in what you have presented and I know at least one on this forum who might agree with you down the line. I won't identify that person.

Consider these verses:

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death." Rev 2:11

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it." Rev 2:17

"And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:" Rev 2:26

"He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels." Rev 3:5

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." Rev 3:12

"To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne." Rev 3:21

Overcome what?

Jesus speaks of what he overcame in another place:

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

What world did Jesus overcome? Not planet Earth, for all we have to do is look around us and deviltry still operating among men.

Jesus paid the price for people's sins, but he also overcame the world of temptations in his own body of flesh. When he did that he was no longer in the world. He was no longer tempted at all by those things which tempt all men and which had tempted him as well.

"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:11

Here in the following verses we see what Jesus had in his little world of self as a man of flesh tempted:

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I John 2:15-16

Each of us in his own little world of "me" has: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. These are our temptations. Jesus overcame them in himself, and has provided for us the means to overcome as he overcame by and through the power of the Holy Spirit...

When will we able to come to God saying, "I have overcome the world" ? Will we then be able also to hear Him say to us... "well done, thou good and faithful servant..."

Reactions: Heart2Soul

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Marks.

@amadeus Thinking today about how God is all powerful, and His power comes through Christ which comes through us, that shows mercy, kindness, love, humility, and just overall how blessed and how great to know that God is with us, while we are here walking around on this planet; even if other people may not truly understand it.

My life doesn’t see much fellowship with other Christians who enjoy talking about God and the Things of God because my life revolves around staying at home and going to work and staying at home. Thinking earlier getting out of the shower that many things of the world I do not really care for all that much anymore; my life has changed even though my having fellowship as far as talking about God and hearing others share the Bible with me doesn’t go very far outside of the internet.

Enjoy making videos on the internet that pertain to the interest of God and the scriptures, the only thing that matters to me really is the person; there health, mind and spirituality; the fleshly things I can take interest in with them only to a certain extent, and will listen the best of ability by the help of the spirit.

This world has a lot in it; and idk just felt like sharing apart of my heart inside today.

Prayers if you write them down Michelle, Brenda, Freda, Morris, Jimmy, Norma. Those are all the ones can think off the top of my head.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Marks.

@amadeus Thinking today about how God is all powerful, and His power comes through Christ which comes through us, that shows mercy, kindness, love, humility, and just overall how blessed and how great to know that God is with us, while we are here walking around on this planet; even if other people may not truly understand it.

My life doesn’t see much fellowship with other Christians who enjoy talking about God and the Things of God because my life revolves around staying at home and going to work and staying at home. Thinking earlier getting out of the shower that many things of the world I do not really care for all that much anymore; my life has changed even though my having fellowship as far as talking about God and hearing others share the Bible with me doesn’t go very far outside of the internet.

Enjoy making videos on the internet that pertain to the interest of God and the scriptures, the only thing that matters to me really is the person; there health, mind and spirituality; the fleshly things I can take interest in with them only to a certain extent, and will listen the best of ability by the help of the spirit.

This world has a lot in it; and idk just felt like sharing apart of my heart inside today.

Prayers if you write them down Michelle, Brenda, Freda, Morris, Jimmy, Norma. Those are all the ones can think off the top of my head.
Praying for those you have named...

Over the years since the time I received the baptism of the Holy Ghost in 1976, most of the time I usually had at least one person I could meet with offline and talk about God and things of God. But... there was never more than one. No Internet access in those earlier days.
Even when I became involved in the Christian Internet Forums about 20 years ago, I retained one offline friend, my Mexican friend, who in died in March 2020. With the lockdowns beginning about that time of necessity Internet friends became more important as I had already stopped attending a physical church in late 2018. I'm long since retired from secular work so no new people to meet that way.

Over the years I have gained lots of Internet acquaintances but only a few friends in places like this. It is difficult to get close, at least for me, with them as I did when I had an offline friend.

My wife is my friend, but that not the same we seldom have theological type discussions or disagreements on such subjects. She despised my on offline friend [She was not alone in that.] I really y try to avoid regular contact with anyone who insists on fighting to be right all of the time and really won't pay serious attention to what I think or believe. Strange that, because my friend who died was one of the world's worst in that. Almost no one but me would purposely give him an opportunity to speak if they had a choice.

I am praying for you and your ministering endeavours as well. See you on the forum! If ever you have a need for a non-public talk I am around most days to talk via PM. Give God the glory!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thoroughly and completely disagree with you just about everything you stated. Teaching false gospels like these is the polar opposite of loving God or even other people, because

1. you're associating His name with lies
2. the 3rd commandment explicitly forbids blasphemy
3. teaching false gospels that are centered around Christ to other people hurt both the person teaching the lie and the person accepting it

Mar. 1:14-15 and other passages shows what gospel Christ and other apostles taught, and Christ stated in Mar. 1:15 that a person had better believe that gospel if they want salvation.
You are disagreeing with me or with the writer of the OP? You did not name or tag anyone!