The Greatest Hellfire and Damnation Sermon ever Preached!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
08-25-17, 10:42 AM
, I want to tell you about the greatest hellfire and damnation sermon ever preached.

It was the Sermon on the Mount.

In it, Jesus declared that it wasn't just what you did on the outside that was a sin. He said that sin includes what goes on inside your heart and mind.

The highly religious of His day were stunned to hear that "good works" were not enough to get them into heaven.

Jesus showed that the Law of the New Testament went far beyond the Law of Moses. It focused on the thoughts and intents of the heart!

In fact, it is the most definitive and exacting law ever given to man. It is impossible to live up to and fulfill to the letter.

In fact, it is so difficult that the most influential of all of Christ's followers -- the Apostle Paul -- was reduced to utter despair. He cried out, "Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?" (Romans 7:25 NASB)

That's bone-deep despair!

You see, the law makes all of us realize that there is no human effort that can save us. It points us to Christ because it does not permit us to hope in ourselves.

But thanks to a merciful God, Paul's despair is immediately followed by hope! In the next verse he said, "Thanks be to God through Christ Jesus our Lord! ... There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 7:25-8:1 NASB)

When we are "in Christ Jesus," the law is finally done with us. So why can't we let go of it?

If the Law of Moses was impossible to keep (and it was), what on earth makes us think we can keep the laws of the New Testament (that demand purity of thought as well as deed)? That's a million times tougher!

The Jews in Paul's day tried to be righteous by obeying the Ten Commandments. Today, we've made a list of rules for being a "good Christian." It doesn't work.

Galatians 2:21 makes it perfectly plain: "If righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." (NASB)

So how can we live a righteous and obedient life? Romans 10:4 tells us, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." (NASB)

The answer to a righteous and obedient life is to walk in the Spirit. The Holy Spirit will produce God's righteousness within us!
Hal Lindsey Ministries

Marakorpa

Aug 26, 2017
Coffs Harbour NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
08-25-17, 10:42 AM
, I want to tell you about the greatest hellfire and damnation sermon ever preached.

It was the Sermon on the Mount.

In it, Jesus declared that it wasn't just what you did on the outside that was a sin. He said that sin includes what goes on inside your heart and mind.

The highly religious of His day were stunned to hear that "good works" were not enough to get them into heaven.

Jesus showed that the Law of the New Testament went far beyond the Law of Moses. It focused on the thoughts and intents of the heart!

In fact, it is the most definitive and exacting law ever given to man. It is impossible to live up to and fulfill to the letter.

In fact, it is so difficult that the most influential of all of Christ's followers -- the Apostle Paul -- was reduced to utter despair. He cried out, "Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?" (Romans 7:25 NASB)

That's bone-deep despair!

You see, the law makes all of us realize that there is no human effort that can save us. It points us to Christ because it does not permit us to hope in ourselves.

But thanks to a merciful God, Paul's despair is immediately followed by hope! In the next verse he said, "Thanks be to God through Christ Jesus our Lord! ... There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 7:25-8:1 NASB)

When we are "in Christ Jesus," the law is finally done with us. So why can't we let go of it?

If the Law of Moses was impossible to keep (and it was), what on earth makes us think we can keep the laws of the New Testament (that demand purity of thought as well as deed)? That's a million times tougher!

The Jews in Paul's day tried to be righteous by obeying the Ten Commandments. Today, we've made a list of rules for being a "good Christian." It doesn't work.

Galatians 2:21 makes it perfectly plain: "If righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly." (NASB)

So how can we live a righteous and obedient life? Romans 10:4 tells us, "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes." (NASB)

The answer to a righteous and obedient life is to walk in the Spirit. The Holy Spirit will produce God's righteousness within us!
Hal Lindsey Ministries

There is a lot in what you say, it is impossible to be perfect in this wicked world. Adam sinned and through sin came death. But the issue is that Satan challenged Jehovah God in regards supremacy. We know God is the supreme commander of the things that will happen shortly, and the bible tells us that the faithful will be resurrected to the paradise earth. Those before Jesus teachings have only an earthly hope, and the Bible says that the righteous and the unrighteous will be resurrected to enter the Now world.

The Bible shows that those living on the earth will have a thousand years to obtain perfection as Adam and Eve once knew; However, we cannot reach perfection on earth today as we are born into sin but we must try to make ourselves as clean as possible, as there is no provision to leave it all to God. You cannot say "As long as I go to A church every so often, God will look after me"

There is so much that Christendom does not tell the people and that is because Christendom is driven by Satan and he does want anyone to know Gods Truth.

This is what I believe, I have studied some faiths and have never found anything better than the Bible for my answers. Remember the 11th. commandment, Love one another.