The Hermeneutics Quiz

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kalixx

Nov 19, 2007
65 - top of "moderate" range - and the description of "moderate" feels right, too
smile.gif
"The moderate hermeneutic might be seen as the voice of reason and open-mindedness. Moderates generally score between 53 to 65. Many are conservative on some issues and progressive on others. It intrigues that conservatives tend to be progressive on the same issues, while progressives tend to be conservative on the same issues. Nonetheless, moderates have a flexible hermeneutic that gives them the freedom to pick and choose on which issues they will be progressive or conservative. For that reason, moderates are more open to the charge of inconsistency."

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
I got a 40... but I knew that it would be conservative so... LOL.Here's the definition of a conservative: "First, the conservative hermeneutic group scores 52 or lower. The strength of this view is its emphasis on the authority, ongoing and normative authority, of all of Scripture. It tends to operate with the line many of us learned in Sunday school: "If the Bible says it, that settles it." Such persons let the Bible challenge them with full force. Literal readings lead to rather literal applications. Most of the time.The problem, of course, is that very few people are completely consistent here. At times one suspects something other than strict interpretation is going on when the conservative is willing to appeal to history to suspend the commandment to observe a Saturday Sabbath, but does not to appeal to history on other issues (e.g., capital punishment or homosexuality)"But me, personally, I am not in complete agreement with it...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I scored 41 but then I also didnt agree with all the choices as having the right answer as an option
smile.gif

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(stlizzy;38918)
Why are you wondering why you scored 45?
Don't know. I do not see myself as a conservative really. I don't classify myself as moderate,conservative or liberal those are just fancy titles for politcians which I am not.

stlizzy

Feb 6, 2008
(kriss;38920)
I scored 41 but then I also didnt agree with all the choices as having the right answer as an option
smile.gif

(Two;38923)
Don't know. I do not see myself as a conservative really. I don't classify myself as moderate,conservative or liberal those are just fancy titles for politcians which I am not.
Yeah, I agree with both of you. lol...