The Hidden Secrets of Creation - Did God Create Himself?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MasterOfCoin_

Dec 23, 2017
Awka
www.wikiplora.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
Just wait a second!
How did the world really begin? Well, the answer to this question varies as much as there are enough people to answer it.
The scientist would tell you that it was caused by evolution. While the christians would respond with "God".
If God created everything, who created God?
Did God Create Himself?

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humans....they still think like humans;
As if something is born or dies or matter is actually real..remember that
song, 'Little Boxes'?
glasses9.gif

Not directed at you MasterofCoin....and welcome here...still a good topic. :]

Reactions: MasterOfCoin_

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wait a second!
How did the world really begin? Well, the answer to this question varies as much as there are enough people to answer it.
The scientist would tell you that it was caused by evolution. While the christians would respond with "God".
Did God Create Himself?

another flat line challenging of Christian belief. who's going to tell you what happened if you weren't there? only God can tell you in this case, because He was there, the only One there. and He says He always was is and forever, inhabiting eternity. therefore no matter how many times non-believers like you seem to be saying you are a Christian the scriptures remain the same say the same and mean the same.

so if man thinks to tell himself that wasn't there what was, that's delusional in and of itself.

Reactions: ScottA

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wait a second!
Did God Create Himself?
Of course when we use only our brain the doubts and questions will arise, but for those who have communicated with God on the matter we know the answer even though it may be unacceptable to those who have not. Your question has an answer and you knew it before you asked even though you effectively are wanting to reject it or perhaps to reject the possibility that God had no beginning. That is almost inconceivable to our human mind.

It does not start with knowledge, but with faith. If you doubt that that is a meaningful answer then you need to try to step out in it earnestly from you heart:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

What is in my heart can only be shared with another, such as yourself, if God is in it, and if you are really willing and your purpose is right. I know that that answer will not satisfy someone to wants to move forward only by his own mind perhaps using something like the scientific method, but wanting it to work that way will not make it so. It is the way it is. The only way to get there is the Way that God has provided. You are allowed of course to go your own way, when your time is finished, then so are you.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

MasterOfCoin_

Dec 23, 2017
Awka
www.wikiplora.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
another flat line challenging of Christian belief. who's going to tell you what happened if you weren't there? only God can tell you in this case, because He was there, the only One there. and He says He always was is and forever, inhabiting eternity. therefore no matter how many times non-believers like you seem to be saying you are a Christian the scriptures remain the same say the same and mean the same.

so if man thinks to tell himself that wasn't there what was, that's delusional in and of itself.
@DPMartin, I am not trying to challenge the Christian faith. My intention is to bring the issue into limelight. As such, I appreciate any contribution that you will make on this.

- MasterOfCoin

Reactions: Helen

MasterOfCoin_

Dec 23, 2017
Awka
www.wikiplora.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
Of course when we use only our brain the doubts and questions will arise, but for those who have communicated with God on the matter we know the answer even though it may be unacceptable to those who have not. Your question has an answer and you knew it before you asked even though you effectively are wanting to reject it or perhaps to reject the possibility that God had no beginning. That is almost inconceivable to our human mind.

It does not start with knowledge, but with faith. If you doubt that that is a meaningful answer then you need to try to step out in it earnestly from you heart:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

What is in my heart can only be shared with another, such as yourself, if God is in it, and if you are really willing and your purpose is right. I know that that answer will not satisfy someone to wants to move forward only by his own mind perhaps using something like the scientific method, but wanting it to work that way will not make it so. It is the way it is. The only way to get there is the Way that God has provided. You are allowed of course to go your own way, when your time is finished, then so are you.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9
Of course, you have a point there. In religion, it is all about believing everything in good faith rather than questioning.
But I am yet to be convinced that it is the best move.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, you have a point there. In religion, it is all about believing everything in good faith rather than questioning.
But I am yet to be convinced that it is the best move.
Me being right would leave you in a difficult position.
On the other hand, while making me wrong according to your understanding might make you feel better for the moment, ultimately it would not change a thing. If reality were only a compilation of what we are able to perceive with the five carnal senses [vision, hearing, smell, taste, & touch] plus our thought processes what would we have when we physically die?

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@DPMartin, I am not trying to challenge the Christian faith. My intention is to bring the issue into limelight. As such, I appreciate any contribution that you will make on this.

- MasterOfCoin

its not a issue the scriptures states plainly what your OP seems to think is otherwise, which is the contribution whether you find it agreeable or not.

and your title plainly challenges the Christian belief, promoting doubt. we can see that you know.

MasterOfCoin_

Dec 23, 2017
Awka
www.wikiplora.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
Me being right would leave you in a difficult position.
On the other hand, while making me wrong according to your understanding might make you feel better for the moment, ultimately it would not change a thing. If reality were only a compilation of what we are able to perceive with the five carnal senses [vision, hearing, smell, taste, & touch] plus our thought processes what would we have when we physically die?
I never meant to disagree with you even though it might seem so. As a matter of fact, we are basically saying the same thing.
I personally believe that there is more to humanity and reality than just the five senses and their shallow feelings.
But to know these things, we need to ask the right questions - serious questions.
Thanks a lot once again @amadeus

- MasterOfCoin

MasterOfCoin_

Dec 23, 2017
Awka
www.wikiplora.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
its not a issue the scriptures states plainly what your OP seems to think is otherwise, which is the contribution whether you find it agreeable or not.

and your title plainly challenges the Christian belief, promoting doubt. we can see that you know.
So, what exactly did the scriptures say about this?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never meant to disagree with you even though it might seem so. As a matter of fact, we are basically saying the same thing.
I personally believe that there is more to humanity and reality than just the five senses and their shallow feelings.
But to know these things, we need to ask the right questions - serious questions.
Thanks a lot once again @amadeus

- MasterOfCoin
I am glad to hear you say you believe there is more. Man standing by himself can be dangerous to himself and to anyone around him. Things happening within our society testify to that.

As I said or at least inferred, I already have the answers to the right questions. But they are not transferable to others simply because they want to receive them or because I want to give them. There must be an agreement made for it to happen and it is not with me. I believe that there is only one way to obtain what you seek, but if you are sincere, you will find that out for yourself. May God richly bless you in your search for truth.

Last edited:

MasterOfCoin_

Dec 23, 2017
Awka
www.wikiplora.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
Are
I am glad to hear you say you believe there is more. Man standing by himself can be dangerous to himself and to anyone around him. Things happening within our society testify to that.

As I said or at least inferred, I already have the answers to the right questions. But they are not transferable to others simply because they want to receive them or because I want to give them. There must be an agreement made for it to happen and it is not with me. I believe that there is only one to obtain what you seek, but if you are sincere, you will find that out for yourself. May God richly bless you in your search for truth.
Are you by chance a pastor?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are

Are you by chance a pastor?
No, I am not.

I am a minister in the biblical sense of the word, which is simply a "servant". Who do I serve? Consider who it was that Jesus served when he washed his followers feet and then spoke the following words to them:

"So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them." John 13:12-17

One that I do serve [whose feet I effectively wash spiritually] is my pastor who knows nought of forums or computers. He is 92 years old and started serving God and men in 1936. He unlike any other pastor I have even known. His whole life is focused on putting Jesus first. This is almost an unheard of thing among the commercialized church settings and programmed ministry in most places.

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Just wait a second!
Did God Create Himself?

Heb 11:1 Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen. 2 For therein the elders had witness borne to them. 3 By faith we understand that the worlds have been framed by the word of God, so that what is seen hath not been made out of things which appear.

Heb 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to be well-pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Firstly, welcome to this Forum Site.

I didn't click your link...I would much rather a poster posted their own thoughts, not someone else's thoughts.

I do remember as a very young Christian asking God what He did when He was all alone in the universe. I think some people must have driven themselves mad in trying to work it all out!! :D

By faith I believe God was, is, and will always be.
I can't wait to finally have all the answers that we tiny mortals with pea sized brains , desire to know.
Even if God tried to tell us...we would never ever understand it with these minds of ours.
One day...we will just know it all.
But glad that you asked your question. :)

Bless you...Helen.

Reactions: Richard_oti

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Heb 11:1 Now faith is assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen. 2 For therein the elders had witness borne to them. 3 By faith we understand that the worlds have been framed by the word of God, so that what is seen hath not been made out of things which appear.

Heb 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to be well-pleasing unto him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that seek after him.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them and greeted them from afar, and having confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Well, a bit like the Pool of Bethesda...while I was writing mine...you stepped into the pool. lol
My mind too, you will see , ( in my first post) also went straight to Heb 11 and FAITH. :)

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
Well, a bit like the Pool of Bethesda...while I was writing mine...you stepped into the pool. lol
My mind too, you will see , ( in my first post) also went straight to Heb 11 and FAITH. :)

Sorry ... <hearty chuckle with the full expectation of the ol' Gibbs head slap>

Oh wait, that's one of the rules: Never say you're sorry.

Yes, I saw that your mind also did. Nor was I surprised.

MasterOfCoin_

Dec 23, 2017
Awka
www.wikiplora.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Nigeria
Wonderful!
No, I am not.

I am a minister in the biblical sense of the word, which is simply a "servant". Who do I serve? Consider who it was that Jesus served when he washed his followers feet and then spoke the following words to them:

"So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them." John 13:12-17

One that I do serve [whose feet I effectively wash spiritually] is my pastor who knows nought of forums or computers. He is 92 years old and started serving God and men in 1936. He unlike any other pastor I have even known. His whole life is focused on putting Jesus first. This is almost an unheard of thing among the commercialized church settings and programmed ministry in most places.