The Holy Ghost is the Heavenly Gift of The Great and Almighty God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came from a desperate spiritual existence that was dark and painful. When I found God I learned to do good things. And I notice that God blesses me with the fruits of the Holy Spirit when I do good things. Peace, Love, Joy (Galatians 5:22-23). He also blesses me with these fruits when he tells me something so that I know it is from him. I also have a lesser level of peace and love on a daily basis.

Having felt these fruits of the Holy Spirit I now know that that is what I want after I die also. It is a heavenly gift.

How great is God to have these to share with us, and to encourage us to do good things?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh how sweet is the heavenly Spirit of God. He comforts us when heart broken,he soothes the storms in our life,feeds us on the bread of life when we hunger and thirst.
To walk in his anointing and shine forth in bearing his fruit is truly to be blessed.

Peace and love.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would also like to add my beliefs about the Holy Ghost. That is the spirit of God that brings life and is life. It gives us longer life and can heal us. He is love and life.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Great Spurgeon quote there... :)

cc @devin553344

Yes it is. He had a lot of wisdom in what he said. I believe this to be the mark of a true believer.
When we receive KNOWLEDGE by hearing the word or studying the word,then we must turn that into UNDERSTANDING by the Holy Spirit of God, sealing it is a fact. We then receive WISDOM on how best to share and apply the word to our daily walk. We then have applied the principles of KNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTANDING and WISDOM.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes it is. He had a lot of wisdom in what he said. I believe this to be the mark of a true believer.
When we receive KNOWLEDGE by hearing the word or studying the word,then we must turn that into UNDERSTANDING by the Holy Spirit of God, sealing it is a fact. We then receive WISDOM on how best to share and apply the word to our daily walk. We then have applied the principles of KNOWLEDGE, UNDERSTANDING and WISDOM.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Such a wealth of Biblical wisdom from Spurgeon, as befitted a veteran preacher of the Word....

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not slack concerning his promises 2Peter 3:9
He desires to give us good gifts. Mt.7:11.
Again all we must do is ask him for the gift of the HS to fill and work in our lives.Luke 11:13
More than ALL things he has to give we must ask to be consumed with love. 1Peter4:8,
1Cor.13:13,
Colossians 3:14 states that charity is the bond of perfectness!

Reactions: dev553344

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How little faith ppl have to just accept God at his word. He said it, therefore IT IS SO, whether I believe it or not.

We can truly be His children,walking in his fullness if we just take him at his word.

Jesus breathed upon his disciples and told then to RECEIVE THE HOLY GHOST. They were to wait on this comforter and teacher to come,and then they would have FIRE and POWER to carry on his work !

Unbelief and doubt plus MEN'S interpretation has caused the falling away from the TRUTH. Now it is up to EVERY individual to seek God for ALL his fullness that we may have power to STAND !

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those who Have the faith of Christ and are baptized
This is a thread about the Holy Spirit. If you're suggesting that only Catholics have the Holy Spirit then that is beyond the intent of this thread.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[removed quote]
The Holy Spirit is given to individuals--those who ask.

Here, it's right here in the Douay Bible:

Luke 11:13
Douay-Rheims Bible
If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father from heaven give the good Spirit to them that ask him?