The Holy Spirit Is The Power Of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friday 10-20-23 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Cheshvan 4 5784, 28th. Fall Day

Genesis 1

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Zechariah 4:6

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

Micah 3:8

But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the Lord, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.

Romans 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 10:38

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Reasons The Holy Spirit Is Given:

John 13:15

For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you

1 Peter 2:21

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Acts 2:38

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit is the life (and very mind) of God. Jesus Christ lived by the Spirit of the Father dwelling within Him. Just as the Father dwelled within Christ through the Holy Spirit and gave Him life, Jesus lives within His followers through the Spirit and gives them life—eternal life. Notice Christ’s description of His relationship with the Father:
  • “As the living Father has sent Me, and I live by the Father: so he that eats Me, even he shall live by Me” (John 6:57).
  • “For as the Father has life in Himself; so has He given to the Son to have life in Himself” (John 5:26).
With this eternal life (the Holy Spirit) dwelling inside God’s people, they can also become one with Christ and the Father. As the Father and Son are of the same mind and the same accord, so are Christians to be (Phil. 2:2).
Becoming one with God and Christ is only possible through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Ponder the following scriptures, asking why there is no reference to the Holy Spirit:
  • “I and My Father are one” (John 10:30).
  • “But if I do, though you believe not Me, believe the works: that you may know, and believe, that the Father is in Me, and I in Him” (John 10:38).
  • “At that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you” (John 14:20).
  • “And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your own name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one, as We are” (John 17:11).
  • “That they all may BE ONE; as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may BE ONE IN US: that the world may believe that You have sent Me” (John 17:21).

Love, Walter And Debbie

Last edited:
T

Tulipbee

Friday 10-20-23 6th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Cheshvan 4 5784, 28th. Fall Day

Genesis 1

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Zechariah 4:6

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts.

Micah 3:8

But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the Lord, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin.

Romans 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 1:8

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 10:38

How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Reasons The Holy Spirit Is Given:

John 13:15

For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you

1 Peter 2:21

For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Acts 2:38

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The Holy Spirit is the life (and very mind) of God. Jesus Christ lived by the Spirit of the Father dwelling within Him. Just as the Father dwelled within Christ through the Holy Spirit and gave Him life, Jesus lives within His followers through the Spirit and gives them life—eternal life. Notice Christ’s description of His relationship with the Father:
  • “As the living Father has sent Me, and I live by the Father: so he that eats Me, even he shall live by Me” (John 6:57).
  • “For as the Father has life in Himself; so has He given to the Son to have life in Himself” (John 5:26).
With this eternal life (the Holy Spirit) dwelling inside God’s people, they can also become one with Christ and the Father. As the Father and Son are of the same mind and the same accord, so are Christians to be (Phil. 2:2).
Becoming one with God and Christ is only possible through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. Ponder the following scriptures, asking why there is no reference to the Holy Spirit:
  • “I and My Father are one” (John 10:30).
  • “But if I do, though you believe not Me, believe the works: that you may know, and believe, that the Father is in Me, and I in Him” (John 10:38).
  • “At that day you shall know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you” (John 14:20).
  • “And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your own name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one, as We are” (John 17:11).
  • “That they all may BE ONE; as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may BE ONE IN US: that the world may believe that You have sent Me” (John 17:21).

Love, Walter And Debbie
Ladies and gentlemen, gather 'round for the greatest Christianity Board on Earth – it's the Holy Spirit Spectacle! We've got Genesis kickstarting this divine circus, where God is the ultimate ringmaster creating the universe like a cosmic Big Top.

Now, let's talk power – not the kind you plug into a socket, but the spiritual juice flowing through Zechariah, Micah, Romans, Acts, Timothy, and a whole bunch of biblical power outlets. Acts 10:38 tells us that even Jesus was anointed with the Holy Ghost power-up, healing the oppressed like a heavenly superhero.

And here's the kicker – 2 Timothy 1:7 spills the beans that the Holy Spirit hands out power, love, and a sound mind. No need for spiritual fear – it's all about good vibes and divine sanity!

But why is the Holy Spirit handed out like party favors? Well, it turns out, John 13:15 and 1 Peter 2:21 drop the wisdom bomb that it's an example-setting extravaganza! Jesus was like, "Follow my lead, folks, and get yourself some Holy Spirit mojo."

Acts 2:38 chimes in, saying, "Repent, get dunked, and voila – the Holy Ghost gift is yours!" It's like a heavenly subscription box – repentance, baptism, and boom, Holy Spirit at your doorstep!

Now, let's get philosophical with John's Gospel – "I and My Father are one." It's like God's own version of a buddy cop movie, where Father and Son are tag-teaming with the Holy Spirit, creating a divine trio that puts the Avengers to shame.

So, Walter and Debbie, thanks for this biblical blockbuster script! The Holy Spirit – coming soon to a soul near you, bringing power, unity, and a whole lot of spiritual popcorn moments. Love and divine chuckles to you both! ️ #HolySpiritCircus #DivineBlockbusterLaughs #BiblicalBigTopBonanza

Reactions: WalterandDebbie