The Holy Spirit knew how to handle your addiction: He will pierce you through so that you can't do it more, or so that you only ever can do without it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So this is a new power that I have learned that the Holy Spirit has: just like Christ destroying the anti-Christ and his army at Armageddon with the sword that proceeds from his mouth, so the Holy Spirit has a sword. This sword can pierce, so that you lose all desire for a particular sin, from now to the end of life on Earth; it can also pierce, so that you are slave to a fruit of the Spirit, no matter how much you want to rest from doing it (this keeps you distracted from sin). The power of this, is that the Holy Spirit can steer your life from sin to the fruit of the Spirit. It is a working relationship.

Try it out, I guarantee you will be happy with the results. Think of something which is so wrong, you don't understand why you would ever be tempted to do it, and ask the Holy Spirit to pierce it within you - it will be gone, all strength lost. Then think of something good, which is so good you don't think you would ever be able to do it enough, as the Holy Spirit to pierce it within you - it will be your constant focus, all strength in obedience! I really wish I could tell you how important it is to trust the Lord and let the Holy Spirit have direction over what is important in your life and what is not. The more optomistic you become, the more the Holy Spirit's power will start to work. Get rid of the old stuff, first, but then move on to the new!

Part of doing this well, is resting in the Lord - which in part means, rest having done enough (not work yourself to the bone, and not remember what you're doing it for). The Devil tries to get us to work, for things which are ultimately of no value, and it can make the Holy Spirit hard to hear. But persevere in the things of the Spirit and you will find you and those with you are edified by the integrity and wholesomeness of word that the Holy Spirit has for you. He really wants to bless you, He does. It would even be a smart prayer, to prayer that the influence of the Holy Spirit grow - so that when His mercy is known, it is known with open arms. There are dreams you can have, visions, righteous works that give you reputation, righteous works that don't get you reputation, it's all up to Him, ultimately, everything we interpret in Heaven, we interpret in His power, ultimately.

Thanks for letting me share - we can do this as a family, we can!

God bless.

Reactions: marks