The Holy Spirit ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
is the H/S the voice of God that no one has heard or can hear[Jn 5:37 & 6:46] or 14:17 - imho the H/S was promised to the Apostles only for a very good reason that does not apply to us for a very good reason imho - btw the very ones who proclaim loudest and longest that we should not quench the Holy Spirit are the very ones who have and are quenching the H/S - twinc

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
In John 5:37 by the context Jesus is addressing every human or a specific group? Is there a reason why he said they never see his form or hear his voice?

"And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent."
John 5:37‭-‬38 NIV

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you read that only the apostles would receive the promise of the H/S in light of Acts 2:38? Eph 1:13?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
is the H/S the voice of God that no one has heard or can hear[Jn 5:37 & 6:46] or 14:17 - imho the H/S was promised to the Apostles only for a very good reason that does not apply to us for a very good reason imho - btw the very ones who proclaim loudest and longest that we should not quench the Holy Spirit are the very ones who have and are quenching the H/S - twinc
Not the voice of God, but certainly the Spirit of God.

All Three of the common Trinity doctrine simply come to us in personified fashion by the way that God has revealed them. These are not assumptions, nor is "persons" completely accurate: There is so much more. It is the Holy Spirit (of God) who personifies the mysteries of God and the world to come, which now is.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. not saying that any is right or wrong. but consider this. the seeing of God and the Hearing of God is not physical. seeing and hearing in these cases, (the scripture given), are understood as to KNOW and UNDERSTAND God by his WORKS or ACTIONS in One's life. have any ever heard or said "I see God in you" what are they really saying. they see a work of God in them. let's see an example of this. example,John 14:5-10 "Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works". that's how one see God, by his work. just as a tree is know by it's fruit. one can see the evidence. not taking away anything from any one who might have had the Lord reveal himself to anyone. I'm only addressing the scriptures given in the OP.

hope this helped.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
GINOLJC, to all. not saying that any is right or wrong. but consider this. the seeing of God and the Hearing of God is not physical. seeing and hearing in these cases, (the scripture given), are understood as to KNOW and UNDERSTAND God by his WORKS or ACTIONS in One's life. have any ever heard or said "I see God in you" what are they really saying. they see a work of God in them. let's see an example of this. example,John 14:5-10 "Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works". that's how one see God, by his work. just as a tree is know by it's fruit. one can see the evidence. not taking away anything from any one who might have had the Lord reveal himself to anyone. I'm only addressing the scriptures given in the OP.

hope this helped.

no no help at all only more misleading and adding confusion to confusion - we have not seen Jesus or heard him directly but we have heard His voice indirectly exactly as He stated at Jn 10:27 and Lk 10:16 - twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Act_19:2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

He is for everyone, but of course if everyone was listening to God, who would need church or religious leaders.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
no no help at all only more misleading and adding confusion to confusion - we have not seen Jesus or heard him directly but we have heard His voice indirectly exactly as He stated at Jn 10:27 and Lk 10:16 - twinc

twinc- I'm curious why do you ask the same question over and over? I can point back years to when we were on on Mikes site...
You asked all the very same questions on every single thread that you have started on this site...that sound to me like- " ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth." If you keep repeating all the same questions does that mean that after ten years you still haven't found the answer to ANY of them!!??

Reactions: amadeus

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
twinc- why do you always talk in riddles? I've never seen you yet speak in a straight line. Plus I can point back years to when we were on on Mikes site...
You asked all the very same questions on every single thread that you have started on this site...that sound to me like- " ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth." If you keep repeating all the same questions does that mean that after ten years you still haven't found the answer to ANY of them!!??

Sounds like a prime time troll to me, but hell, that's just my observation.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yep:- 'The Dogs..'
'The Holy Spirit..'
'My sheep-My voice..'
'Ascending and descending ..'
'Peace on earth..' and many more...all oldies...but maybe he gets responses and not really interested in a genuine " coming to the truth." ...But just a thread to disagree in. :D

Harmless though.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if it was no help to you why publish these thoughts of yours. maybe it could have helped someone else. or was it just you that it didn't help, if so then keep your thought to yourself and let someone else who might get something out of the post that could not have been directly attributed to what I posted. if you rejected what I said fine, move on. no worries here. but i wonder why you made the remarks..... (smile). scripture, 1 Thessalonians 5:19 "Quench not the Spirit. Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good".

good day.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
we have not seen Jesus or heard him directly
You havn't probably because you don't believe you can, doesn't mean no one else has, it is you who is limiting Him which is always the case with us. Thomas certianly saw Him after his death so did many others, just that christians are carnal and don't believe in the things of God.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
You havn't probably because you don't believe you can, doesn't mean no one else has, it is you who is limiting Him which is always the case with us. Thomas certianly saw Him after his death so did many others, just that christians are carnal and don't believe in the things of God.

after death we will also see Him twinc

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom

you have not really understood Jn 5:37 or 6:46 = just as they had not seen the Father then but had seen Jesus so now we have not and cannot see the Father or Jesus but can see Him and hear His voice in Scriptures and Church - twinc

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you have not really understood Jn 5:37 or 6:46 = just as they had not seen the Father then but had seen Jesus so now we have not and cannot see the Father or Jesus but can see Him and hear His voice in Scriptures and Church - twinc
I do fully understand because I have seeing Him (Jesus) and have seeing God, and have received my testimony from God, and no He is not teh devil for I have seeing him too, even teh spirit of death. Why do you limit God so..

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do fully understand because I have seeing Him (Jesus) and have seeing God, and have received my testimony from God, and no He is not teh devil for I have seeing him too, even teh spirit of death. Why do you limit God so..
Some people do that, some more often than others:

"Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel." Psalm 78:41