The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
can someone be full of the Holy Spirit and yet not a Christian - twinc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
yes, twinc, as the First Son, the Good Samaritan, and any practicing Muslim might witness here.
Whether any Christians at all have the Spirit is debatable, i guess. They mostly seem to run on denial

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a question for you..... is the OC the beginning of the Christian faith? We know a baby has stages and we know when a child is conceptualized it is still the baby of the end means- it is just in development. With that said, is what people call Judaism really just the developmental stages of Christianity? Judaism just means: in and by Jews. Christianity means fulfillment. So, is it all Christianity?

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
could someone say they believe "it is finished" on the one hand, and be waiting for Jesus to come and save them again on the other, and still be full of the Spirit, is a better question imo

Reactions: Armadillo

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have a question for you..... is the OC the beginning of the Christian faith? We know a baby has stages and we know when a child is conceptualized it is still the baby of the end means- it is just in development. With that said, is what people call Judaism really just the developmental stages of Christianity? Judaism just means: in and by Jews. Christianity means fulfillment. So, is it all Christianity?
wow, good point, i have recently been convicted that most ppl who ID as Christian are really manifesting "Jew." (or "legalist" iow)
if the cognitive has got too dissonant or something? on that other thread? i mean to say if you are just going to run from that convo, i'm prolly out of here for the day--have a nice weekend

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seven last sayings "WORDS" of Christ:

1. Luke 23:34: Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.
  2. Luke 23:43: Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.
  3. John 19:26–27: Woman, behold your son. Son, behold your mother.
  4. Matthew 27:46 & Mark 15:34 My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?
  5. John 19:28: I thirst.
  6. John 19:30: It is finished. (From the Greek "Tetelestai" which is also translated "It is accomplished", or "It is complete".)-It is Finished.
  7. Luke 23:46: Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wow, good point, i have recently been convicted that most ppl who ID as Christian are really manifesting "Jew." (or "legalist" iow)
if the cognitive has got too dissonant or something? on that other thread? i mean to say if you are just going to run from that convo, i'm prolly out of here for the day--have a nice weekend
One must receive the fullness of the Child Christ. Otherwise you are not of the OC either, you have aborted yourself actually. Today's Jews who reject the outcome conceptualized then of Christianity are null and void? Would not expect someone like you to get the question. John8:55-57:
Before Abraham was Born, I Am
…55You do not know Him, but I know Him. If I said I did not know Him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know Him, and I keep His word. 56Your father Abraham was overjoyed to see My day. He saw it and was glad.” 57Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and You have seen Abraham?”…

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whats OC?
Old Christian, occupational...no...occidental no...old something...

Reactions: bbyrd009

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
can someone be full of the Holy Spirit and yet not a Christian - twinc

Imo, No........... The Holy Spirit does not dwell with nonbelievers.. That said, I do think that everyone receives an unction from the Spirit, a calling.

"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you" John14:16&17)

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes...I didn' know what it was...I just said God...I have been visited for decades...I was a believer in my Father, God, how could anyone not with so many transforming Divine events ...but not a Christian, per se, as asked in the op..raised Catholic so, of course I
believed in Jesus...but some things I dont, anymore...can't be a Christian if ya don' go along with the entire Nicene Creed, whether 325 or 382 ad.
And yet, He still keeps coming... emoji here for extreme humiliy
and gratitude !

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
One must receive the fullness of the Child Christ. Otherwise you are not of the OC either, you have aborted yourself actually. Today's Jews who reject the outcome conceptualized then of Christianity are null and void? Would not expect someone like you to get the question.
hmm, weird, i fully expected you to pump this full of pointless religious crap; and bingo!
was kinda hoping not immediately tho lol

have a nice weekend anyway, k.

Last edited:

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corinthians 5:8

We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

This is a fundamental principle that when a born again Christian dies he goes to be with the Lord.

Let’s say here is a born again baby in it’s mother’s womb, just as John the Baptist was saved, then this baby dies. Does 2 Corinthians 5:8 applies to this baby? Most certainly.

Likewise, let’s say this same baby lived to be 70-90 years old, does the same principle of 2 Corinthians 5:8 still applies? Most certainly. His status has not changed! When a person becomes saved whether as a baby or as an adult he is sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Yet, many here in these forums do not believe in OSAS doctrine? Go figure.

To God Be The Glory

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What was it saying?
That IS what it's saying. Is there another meaning?
well, it depends upon the reader of course, but there should be some obvious parallels to dying to self here, wouldn't you think?
Bc trust me, Paul was not waiting to die to be with Jesus, ok
he was inviting the religious to store manna for tomorrow, if that is what they want to do

EndTimeWine

Nov 5, 2017
Albany
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmm, weird, i fully expected you to pump this full of pointless religious crap; and bingo!
was kinda hoping not immediately tho lol

have a nice weekend anyway, k.
But of course, Henny Penny. You are in reality here- and there are no acorns and the imaginings of skies fallen. But the reality of religious Christian fervor. And I will have a glorious weekend, thank you!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Paul was boiled in oil, stoned, drowned, left on a deserted island, etc etc
dying would have been much easier for him than living, had he chosen that frame of mind

that other interp allows you to ID the members of the Death Cult so prevalent now

Reactions: amadeus