The Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sara

Nov 11, 2007
Since i can't post on New Christians and Apologetics Forum, i'll post here!Sorry to bother you guys but i was just wondering,How do you know if you have recieved the Holy Spirit?:confused:On the 3 Jan I asked the Lord Jesus to come into my life. I prayed to our Lord :pray: I said how much I believe His Word. I also said how I want to put my faith and my trust in Jesus.:sign: But the thing is, I had prayed to the Lord about 2 years ago but unfortunately fell away from Christ. This time I am serious as I have a Gospel Hall to go to and Christian friends to ask for help.I am looking to get baptised soon in 2008 but want to know if I am actually saved first.Thanks and God BlessSara

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Sara;29508)
Since i can't post on New Christians and Apologetics Forum, i'll post here!Sorry to bother you guys but i was just wondering,How do you know if you have recieved the Holy Spirit?:confused:On the 3 Jan I asked the Lord Jesus to come into my life. I prayed to our Lord :pray: I said how much I believe His Word. I also said how I want to put my faith and my trust in Jesus.:sign: But the thing is, I had prayed to the Lord about 2 years ago but unfortunately fell away from Christ. This time I am serious as I have a Gospel Hall to go to and Christian friends to ask for help.I am looking to get baptised soon in 2008 but want to know if I am actually saved first.Thanks and God BlessSara
If you have accepted Christ as your savior and repented of your sins if you believe Christ is the only way you have the holy spirit in you now you need to feed it by study and prayer and it will grow strongereach day. The more you trust in him the more he will grow in you God Blessif you are new you should be able to post soon if not let me know and Ill see if I can get to the bottom of the problem

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(Sara;29508)
Oh my! I have been there before. You prayed for Jesus to come into your heart but you didn't feel anything, I always thought I would have this amazing feeling come over me when I was saved and filled with the holy spirit.But where does it say that being saved is tied to an emotional feeling, where does it say that at the moment we are saved we will feel anything? It doesn't, being saved is connected to any feelings. Some people do experience extreme emotions when they are saved, but that is just because of the excitement they are getting from knowing what they have just done!I was with a friend this past weekend and I got him to pray with me and he was saved, he said he got goosebumps...but that was it. Your saved throught faith, not feelings. And people often assume that when they are saved they will feel it, but they won't. But my friend is happier now, and a kinder person but that is because he wants to live a christian life.Hope this helped a little. ~follower

Squeak

Nov 13, 2007
Wow, thank you FollowerofChrist. I was wondering about the Holy Spirit also. How you know when you have it, etc. Your response makes so much sense. So thank you for that! So I guess we would know we have it when our attitudes and actions begin to change and we strive daily to live a Christian life as set out in the Bible.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Exactly, the holy spirit lives within us. It gives us stength to live a christian life and suddenly *little* sins that didn't bother you before suddenly make you feel terribly guilty.