The hope set before...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:8 (NASB20)
More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them mere rubbish, so that I may gain Christ,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
‘So that I may gain Christ’

To have a heart that could utter those words.. To lose all, and still with a heart full of faith say those words...

So that I might gain Christ....

To see that Christ being formed in one is the all of life... Nothing can hold up next to that desire in life...

That I might gain Christ.....

Such beauty there is in this truth... Knowing that by gaining Christ, one has gained all things... Christ, being the all of the expression of God... To be made partakers of that Life, to know Christ Jesus on such an intimate and personal level....

The heart dies at the hope set before it, that it might become so as a nothing, that Christ might become the everything... To know Him and the power of His resurrection, oh, the hope set before the heart....

To deny self, pick up cross and follow Jesus, and to know this truth by experience, so when all is said and done, one would have actually done this...

Be blessed in the hope set before us..

A fellow believer, Not me

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:8 (NASB20)
More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them mere rubbish, so that I may gain Christ,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
‘So that I may gain Christ’

To have a heart that could utter those words.. To lose all, and still with a heart full of faith say those words...

So that I might gain Christ....

To see that Christ being formed in one is the all of life... Nothing can hold up next to that desire in life...

That I might gain Christ.....

Such beauty there is in this truth... Knowing that by gaining Christ, one has gained all things... Christ, being the all of the expression of God... To be made partakers of that Life, to know Christ Jesus on such an intimate and personal level....

The heart dies at the hope set before it, that it might become so as a nothing, that Christ might become the everything... To know Him and the power of His resurrection, oh, the hope set before the heart....

To deny self, pick up cross and follow Jesus, and to know this truth by experience, so when all is said and done, one would have actually done this...

Be blessed in the hope set before us..

Good post.
----
"..that Christ become the everything..
To know Him and the power of His resurrection.."
- I agree.
We need to be reminded often.. during our spiritual journey.
- Especially..in the midst of challenges & transition.

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post.
----
"..that Christ become the everything..
To know Him and the power of His resurrection.."
- I agree.
We need to be reminded often.. during our spiritual journey.
- Especially..in the midst of challenges & transition.

Many thanks, as we learn Him be blessed... :)

Reactions: Pathfinder7