The Hour of Temptation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Rev. 3:10) "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

What is it?

Stranger

Reactions: Truth

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come on all who like to mock those who believe the Rapture. Step up to the plate. What is the hour of temptation?

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Come on all who like to mock those who believe the Rapture. Step up to the plate. What is the hour of temptation?

Stranger

So...you equate this with the rapture?
I have just read the whole of Rev 3 ..twice...I see no reference that would cause me to believe that this is talking about any rapture...but it is all about overcoming.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have just read the whole of Rev 3 ..twice...I see no reference that would cause me to believe that this is talking about any rapture...but it is all about overcoming.

It is commonly said against those who hold to the Rapture, that we are just trying to get out of trials or testings of God. So, I am interested in (Rev. 3:10). For God is certainly promising to keep the believer from it.

Stranger

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Rev. 3:10) "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

What is it?

Stranger
The hour of the earth's temptation is in the final hours of the future tribulation and second coming of Jesus Christ, as Isaiah 26:20-21 below instructs the believer's to enter their dwellings and close the door, while the indigination/temptation passes. Just like the passover in Egypt.

Revelation 3:10 is not a secret rapture to heaven, as is falsely taught in dispensationalism.

Isaiah 26:20-21KJV
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Revelation 3:8-13KJV
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Reactions: Andre and Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The hour of the earth's temptation is in the final hours of the future tribulation and second coming of Jesus Christ, as Isaiah 26:20-21 below instructs the believer's to enter their dwellings and close the door, while the indigination/temptation passes. Just like the passover in Egypt.

Revelation 3:10 is not a secret rapture to heaven, as is falsely taught in dispensationalism.

20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Revelation 3:8-13KJV
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Indeed, the final hour speaks to the Tribulation.

Your reference in (Isaiah 26:20-21) is misplaced. It is not speaking of the Church. It is speaking to Israel. (Is. 24-27) are known as 'Isaiah's little apocalypse'. It speaks to the judgement to come upon the earth. Speaks to God preserving Israel during that time. Speaks to the 'kindgom age' or millennium with restored Israel.

(Rev. 3:10) speaks to the Church.

But, we can see in both that it is not uncommon for God to keep some protected from the various trials that shall come upon the earth at that time.

Stranger

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, the final hour speaks to the Tribulation.

Your reference in (Isaiah 26:20-21) is misplaced. It is not speaking of the Church. It is speaking to Israel. (Is. 24-27) are known as 'Isaiah's little apocalypse'. It speaks to the judgement to come upon the earth. Speaks to God preserving Israel during that time. Speaks to the 'kindgom age' or millennium with restored Israel.

(Rev. 3:10) speaks to the Church.

But, we can see in both that it is not uncommon for God to keep some protected from the various trials that shall come upon the earth at that time.

Stranger
The People Of God Is The Church, And The Indigination/Temptation Will Come Upon The Entire Earth/World.

God Has One People, The Church.

2 Corinthians 6:16KJV
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Revelation 18:4KJV
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The People Of God Is The Church, And The Indigination/Temptation Will Come Upon The Entire Earth/World.

2 Corinthians 6:16KJV
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Revelation 18:4KJV
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

No, you have Israel, and you have the Church. Church of Jesus Christ did not exist until (Acts 2). In (Matt. 16:18) Jesus is clear that the Church at that time was yet future. "will build"

Both Israel and the Church are the people of God. So?

Stranger

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really thought the hour of temptation would be to take the mark of the beast....but that is just my thoughts....haven't truly studied it.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you have Israel, and you have the Church. Church of Jesus Christ did not exist until (Acts 2). In (Matt. 16:18) Jesus is clear that the Church at that time was yet future. "will build"

Both Israel and the Church are the people of God. So?

Stranger
There is no such thing as a two people of God teaching in the bible, your either on God's team or not.

"FAITH"

The Church is seen throughout the old testament as "God's People".

Will you continue to fight against the presented truth of God's people?

Zechariah 2:11KJV
And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

Zechariah 13:8-9 is a prime example of "My People" as you have 2/3 unsaved Jews that are cut off and die, only the 1/3 that come to salvation in Jesus Christ becom " My People"

Zechariah 13:8-9KJV
8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

In Your False Reasoning, Only Jews Are Protected As The Indignation Comes Upon The Earth, 100% False, My People Equals Church.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as a two people of God teaching in the bible, your either on God's team or not.

"FAITH"

The Church is seen throughout the old testament as "God's People".

Will you continue to fight against the presented truth of God's people?

Zechariah 2:11KJV
And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee.

Zechariah 13:8-9 is a prime example of "My People" as you have 2/3 unsaved Jews that are cut off and die, only the 1/3 that come to salvation in Jesus Christ becom " My People"

Zechariah 13:8-9KJV
8 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

In Your False Reasoning, Only Jews Are Protected As The Indignation Comes Upon The Earth, 100% False, My People Equals Church.

You have Israel. You have the Church. There is such a thing, just read the Bible.

I didn't say only the Jews were protected in the Tribulation. The Church is protected also as it is removed at the Rapture.

Stranger

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have Israel. You have the Church. There is such a thing, just read the Bible.

I didn't say only the Jews were protected in the Tribulation. The Church is protected also as it is removed at the Rapture.

Stranger
No such thing as a pre-trib rapture found in the Holy Bible, another false teaching of Darby and Scofield's dispensationalism

Revelation 3:10 is not a secret rapture of the church to heaven, not even a hint of this false claim is seen, just the opposite is seen.

There is no such thing as "Two Peoples Of God" another false teaching, God is no respector of person.

(Christian Zionism) a false belief.

Romans 2:11KJV
For there is no respect of persons with God.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen ByGrace A+ on the final exam!

No joke, dispensationalism tries to use Revelation 3:10 to claim a pre-trib rapture to heaven of the Church, when in reality the church is overcoming as you state and receiving reward.

Reactions: Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No such thing as a pre-trib rapture found in the Holy Bible, another false teaching of Darby and Scofield's dispensationalism

Revelation 3:10 is not a secret rapture of the church to heaven, not even a hint of this false claim is seen, just the opposite is seen.

There is no such thing as "Two Peoples Of God" another false teaching, God is no respector of person.

(Christian Zionism) a false belief.

Romans 2:11KJV
For there is no respect of persons with God.

Again, yours isn't the last word as you like to project.

You haven't proved any 'opposite'. One plus one equals two. Church plus Israel equals two. Then you have other groups also. The Tribulation saints. The saints from Adam to Moses are another group of believers.

Stranger

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is it?

Stranger

Stranger, I’ve always been taught of the rapture growing up. I’m not so sure anymore. The only verses for me that would even come close to suggesting such would be where God gathers the labours out of the field.

Exodus 23:16
[16] And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field.

But reguardless; if we go or if we stay, as Bygrace pointed out: we are called to overcome temptation as Jesus did in the wilderness when tempted of Satan. It seems the mark is a mark of the world in which (as His) we are to abstain from. That temptation is already here and has been here, the captain of our Salvation tempted with the same temptation for immediate satisfaction rather than ...wait ‘because thou has kept the word of my patience’ (Revelation 3:10) in overcoming and not receiving the mark of this world, but instead set apart for God’s purpose and plan.

1 Timothy 6:9
[9] But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

Luke 22:46
[46] And said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

Luke 11:4
[4] And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Have we been delivered from evil?
Yes, despite whether we are raptured out or stay...we have been delivered from evil.

Reactions: Philip James

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Stranger :)
As you know....I do not, and never will believe in a rapture "out of" this world.

I do not see the typology , and it is not what God does.
God does not run away, and He doesn't say that His Glorious Church has been matured and trained to be be zapped out of trouble!!!
We have been trained to see in the darkness and overcome it.
The promise is always to the overcomer.
Being taken out is NOT overcoming.

His promise has always been " I will be with you IN trouble." Isa 43
" When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."

"I will walk with you though the fire..."

We have not been called to be raptured "out of" trouble , but we are called to be raptured INTO. Into the Place of safety .....which is Himself.

Psalm 91
"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.
Surely He shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day..... Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand;
but it shall not come nigh thee."

THAT IS THE SAFE PLACE....that is our rapture........INTO HIM!!!
Hidden in Him.....that is the only - 'out of the world'.

He has always told us that. He has always called us to that.
"Abide in Me."

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What is it?

Stranger

Well, I believe in the pre great tribulation rapture as being the time when God shall judge His House first, separating the goats from the sheep as in separating the vessels unto dishonor in His House that did not depart from iniquity in leaving them behind as castaways when at the same time, receiving the vessels unto honor to attend the Marriage Supper in God's city above.

So the hour of temptation that shall try all upon the earth are those remaining on the earth to be tempted to take the mark of the beast to buy & sell in order to survive in the new world order. Since a fiery destruction has been forewarned by Jesus & Peter and Revelation has limited the destruction to one third of the earth, it should be no mystery why the USA and the entire Western Hemisphere is not in Bible prophesy regarding the world's armies that comes against Jerusalem towards the end of the great tribulation when the King of kings shall come to the rescue.

There are 3 angels in Revelation 14th chapter that sets up that hour of temptation as everyone will know the gospel by the first angel; then every one will know the destruction of Babylon USA and the entire western Hemisphere by the second angel, and everyone will know the consequence for taking the mark of the beast to buy & sell to survive in that new world order and that consequence is the lake of fire no matter what by the third angel.

That is how the hour of temptation will be set up for every one remaining on the earth by those 3 angels.

None of His saints having His seal that gets left behind for being in iniquity will take the mark of the beast no matter how tempted they may be, because He is faithful in keeping their souls while those saints left behind suffer the coming great tribulation of those saints & new ones that survive the fire.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Since five of those 7 churches were warned to repent or else as only two out of seven were exhorted to hold fast, should churches remain sleeping in these latter days or should they all be leaning on Jesus Christ as their Good Shepherd in going over everything taught by the church by the scripture kept in the King James Bible to prove all things in that church and in the individual lives of the believers and abstain from all appearances of evil to be found abiding in Him as well as trusting Him to help us being willing to leave when the Bridegroom comes? Luke 21:33-36

But essentially, the promise to escape the hour of temptation that shall try all upon the earth is highly indicative of that escape from that time of the great tribulation on that earth; hence the pre great tribulation rapture.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of His saints having His seal that gets left behind for being in iniquity will take the mark of the beast no matter how tempted they may be, because He is faithful in keeping their souls while those saints left behind suffer the coming great tribulation of those saints & new ones that survive the fire.
...what? o_O

One moment He is not faithful in keeping their souls so some of those sealed get left behind. The next He IS faithful in keeping their souls through tribulation. Which is it? IS He faithful in keeping those that are sealed or not?

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...what? o_O

One moment He is not faithful in keeping their souls so some of those sealed get left behind. The next He IS faithful in keeping their souls through tribulation. Which is it? IS He faithful in keeping those that are sealed or not?

Don't worry...it is only an opinion. :)
We all speak as if we have the wisdom of the Lord....I am sure He often laughs at our foolishness. :D

One day...we will probably all smack our own heads and say- " Oh, so that is what God was really saying!! "

Bless you....H

Reactions: Butterfly and Andre

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
...what? o_O

ha, conviction is a wonderful thing
:)

determinism is somehow the opposite, or a counterfeit or something i guess