The Identity of the Two Witnesses of Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Haha! One 'guess' is as good as another. :D

Jesus Christ and His Church. Rev..ie the Overcomers

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha! One 'guess' is as good as another. :D

Jesus Christ and His Church. Rev..ie the Overcomers
Smile.... BG I guess you're right, but the bible gives us the answer. for Revelation is symbolic here of Moses and Elijah, but NOT Moses and Elijah

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 11:3 "And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth".
how long did Moses or Elijah prophesy? because here, it is 3 1/2 years or 42 month

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we know that the ministry of John the baptist and the Lord Jesus carried over to 3 1/2 years or 42 month. so that put them on the money as to time of ministry.

in relation to all men.
Both the Lord Jesus and Moses was mediators.
both John and Elijah was sent before the Lord. but John's sending is documented in the new testament as to exactly as what he is to do "AS" the Elijah to come but not the actual man Elijah himself..

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
i say Elijah and Enoch, they where the only ones taken without death.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ha, like Scripture is just being coy or something, lol, and there is a measure of justification in guessing "correctly." Ok.

:D :D Yes...but how would we even know WHICH is correct ??

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i say Elijah and Enoch, they where the only ones taken without death.
GINOLJC, @jaybird, Enoch died a natural on earth, as well as Elijah. scripture, read Hebrews 11:1-13, and especially verse 13, which tells us what happen to Enoch. and for Elijah we have him in another part of the Land after his transport, writing a letter to the king, Jehoram, approximately ten years after his whirlwind ride. this can be found in 2 Chronicles 21:12-15. We understand that this letter was written long after his taking up, because Jehoshaphat was king at that time, and it was later when his son Jehoram became king. so that eliminate Elijah and Enoch.

if you want to, google something like, "Enoch and Elijah Did They Enter Heaven". or the like.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but when was they martyred?. for the witness here are persons, who died for their testomony.
When is the Bible dead, OT and/or NT? Jesus is the Word of God, but when he was dead on the cross, was it not a dead carcass? When the Book sets on a shelf unopened for years, is it not dead? When was Jesus martyred? When was He resurrected? What was or is His testimony? Etc.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who they are exactly is still a mystery. If I knew, I would've plainly told you. Keep an eye out in Jerusalem. We will all know when they manifest themselves.
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

There are two who are manifest in the world: the Word, whom is Christ, meaning the flesh, and the Holy Spirit, which is the spirit of God. The two witnesses are "the dead" and "the living" (in Christ).

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

There are two who are manifest in the world: the Word, whom is Christ, meaning the flesh, and the Holy Spirit, which is the spirit of God. The two witnesses are "the dead" and "the living" (in Christ).
and how might flames come from their mouths to consume their enemies, do you think? Especially the dead?

Reactions: TLHKAJ