The Inheritors of God's Promises

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[SIZE=medium]At Jesus’ first Advent, He devoted His ministry to the Jewish people, in the holy Land. He said: I was sent to the lost sheep of the House of Israel and to them only[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. Matthew 15:24[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]So the Jews were lost spiritually, but so were the rest of Israel, in dispersion. Paul alludes to them; Acts 26:6-7, and 1 Peter 1:1 and James 1:1 also mention those who still remain scattered among the nations. [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]The Jews were and still are aware that the majority of Jacobs descendants have not yet come back to the holy Land. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]John 7:35….will He go to the dispersion among the Gentiles and teach Gentiles?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Note the prophecy of Caiphas: the death of Jesus will result is the gathering of the scattered children of God. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]John 11:49-52[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Now, nearly 2000 years later, we can see how things have panned out. The Jews remain in apostasy and people from every race, nation and language have become Christian. Only a small proportion of the Jews have become Christian, but millions of other peoples have accepted the Gospel, but just how many are actual descendants of Jacob, God only knows. Amos 9:9[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]However, in order to fulfil what Jesus said about the lost sheep of Israel and so as God will fulfil His promises to the Patriarchs, most of the people who will go to live in all of the holy Land, soon after all that area is cleared and cleansed by the Lord’s Day of wrath, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Revelation 6:12-17, will be Israelites. Isaiah 62:1-5, Ezekiel 34:11-31, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 8:24-26[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]This ‘Church’, comprised of every born again individual, is no more a new ‘church, or congregation’, than the one of Ezra and Nehemiah’s time, made up of the faithful remnant who returned from Babylon and is simply a continuation of all the faithful ones, such as Enoch, Noah and Abraham. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The Jews who have accepted Jesus are members of the Israel of God, along with all righteous believers, as Isaiah 56:1-8 makes clear. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Many scriptures reiterate the truth of there being only one people of God, John 10:16, Ephesians 4:4-6. Those who refuse Jesus’ offer of salvation, be they Jew or Gentile, all belong in the other category; godless people who are doomed for destruction. Isaiah 66:15-17 God doesn’t have any special plan for anyone who rejects His Son. The apostate Jews have been broken off from the fig tree and they, plus the ungodly Gentiles are now vessels[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]of God’s retribution[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. Romans 9:22[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Just as there is one ‘olive tree’; Jesus, there is one holy people of God; His ‘ay-daw’; Hebrew, His ‘ekkelasia’; Greek, His ‘kurikos’; Greek, meaning ‘belonging to the Lord, the word that ‘church’ comes from. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]It isn’t that God has taken away the special status of ethnic Israel and replaced them with the Gentiles, but they as a nation have rejected their Messiah and so God rejected them and now offers salvation to all peoples. Matthew 21:43, Romans 3:29[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Born again Christians, the sheep of Jesus Christ’s flock, John 10:14-16, are deemed by God to be the Seed of Abraham and it is them alone, who are the true Israelites of God. 1 Peter 2:9-10, Galatians 3:26-29[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The real fulfilment of God’s promise to Abraham, that he would become the father of many nations, is seen in the myriads of Christians from every ethnicity. Whatever our ancestry may be, if we are by faith and self surrender, a true Christian, then we are of the Seed of Abraham and we are the inheritors of the promises God made to him. Romans 8:16-18, Ephesians 1:11 [/SIZE]

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

You missed the whole point, Gods promises is to israel which will be restored from all the nation on earth where they are spread.

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

God does not reneg on His promises.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
mjrhealth said:
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

You missed the whole point, Gods promises is to israel which will be restored from all the nation on earth where they are spread.

Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

God does not reneg on His promises.
Notice how Israel and Judah are carefully kept separate in the prophesies. Over 160 times this is done; they have separate destinies.

The House of Judah has been cut off from the Olive tree; that is Jesus, Matthew 21:43, and only individual Jews who accept Jesus will be grafted back into it.

No; God does not renege on His promises, He will fulfil His Covenant with Abraham, his descendants, literal and spiritual will inhabit all of the Land from the Nile to the Euphrates.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

No ISrael will be restored its happening still even today as they rediscover there past. They are Gods chosen and will always remain His.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
mjrhealth said:
No ISrael will be restored its happening still even today as they rediscover there past. They are Gods chosen and will always remain His.
Tell me; exactly who is the true Israel?
Note that Jesus called the Jews, those of Satan's synagogue, who falsely claim to be Jewss and He will make them fall at your [Christians] feet. Revelation 3:9

Thinking that the current inhabitants of Israel, the Jesus rejecters, atheistic, LGBT, idol worshippers, will be forgiven by God, contradicts the whole message of the Bible.
Your determination to have Two Peoples, Two Promises, so as the support a rapture to heaven of the church, leads you into more error and confusion.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[SIZE=medium]All Israel shall be saved.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Romans 11:26-27, And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The quotation Paul uses is from Isaiah 59:20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]When the Bible says that ALL ISRAEL shall be saved[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] in Romans 11:26-27, it refers to only a remnant of the Jewish people and all true Christians, now the Israel of God.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The message to the individual is that he or she must “turn from transgression” to the Lord. There will be a remnant that will turn to him. All of them will be saved. He speaks of the saved remnant as the nation Israel.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Are the Jews still God's people? Yes, but only those who are both ethnic and spiritual Jews. Saved Gentiles have also been grafted into the tree and are now heirs of the promises of God to Israel. Galatians 3:26-29 The apostle Paul was a remnant Jew...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Romans 11:1, I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Paul was an ethnic Israelite. Paul says that it's all by God's grace... Romans 11:5 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]In other words, by grace through faith, plus or minus nothing, in the Lord Jesus Christ. Only through faith in Jesus can anyone be a child of God. Confirmed by:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Galatians 3:26-29, For you are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]And if you are Christ's, then are you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Clearly, Galatians 3:26-29 states that unsaved Jews cannot be Abraham's spiritual seed, nor are they heirs of the promises of God made to Israel in the Bible. The Bible is very plain on this subject that only born-again Christian believers of any ethnicity are heirs of the promises of God. True, righteous Christians are God's people. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]There is neither Jew nor Gentile in Christ. So we can divide all humanity into one of two groups: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]1/ Every godless unbeliever including the non-Christian Jews and 2/ all Christian believers, Jews and Gentiles. God never blesses wicked evildoers. When the Jews rejected Jesus, God gave them into the hands of their enemies, as in 70 AD. Then, for continuing [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]in their disbelief; the many pogroms and the Holocaust. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Romans 11:1-2 and 19-23, I say then, Has God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not cast away his people which he foreknew…..You may say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and we Christians[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]stand by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: For if [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]God spared not the natural branches[/SIZE][SIZE=medium], take heed lest he also spare not thee. Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward you, blessing, so keep your faith: otherwise you also shalt be cut off. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]And they also, if they change their ways, shall be grafted back in: for God is able to graft them in again.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]This Scripture plainly teaches that ONLY Jews who believe the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ will be grafted back into the tree as God's people. Confirmed by Jeremiah 12:14[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]God cut off Judah in 586 BC for their continuous and stiffnecked rebellion against His Word, even killing the prophets. God still loves His people, His true people who obey Him, and any Jew can be grafted back into the tree, but all Christ-rejecting Jews are NOT GOD'S PEOPLE. The Parable of the Vineyard shows how the ethnic Jewish people have lost their status. Matthew 21:33-46[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Less than 2% of the Jews living in Israel today profess to be a Christian. Only a fool thinks that God loves the apostate, atheistic, gay pride, Christ rejecting Jews. These are NOT God's people.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]So only saved Jews are part of God's people, but most are saved Gentiles. Only believers in Jesus Christ can claim to be heirs of the promises of God to Israel. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Galatians 3:29 proclaims this truth...And if you be Christ's, then are you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. [/SIZE]