The Insufficiency of Human Knowledge

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
[SIZE=14.6667px]The Issue:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] Mankind believes that certain actions of God are wrong and morally not right. Yet at the same time mankind agrees that its own understanding and wisdom is flawed. While in contrast many who believe the preceding points also state that God’s ways are not mankind's ways and his thoughts above our thoughts. Thus there are two dichotomous views being held by the same rational individual and thus the problem arises “Can mankind determine the correctness of God’s actions based off its own reasoning? If one accepts that mankind’s reasoning is flawed and God’s reasoning is superior?”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]The Reasoning:[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] “If one agrees that mankind is flawed and thus everything that mankind thinks, does and desires to do whether good or bad is flawed. Then one must also accept that mankind’s reason is flawed! Thus mankind’s perception of God and His workings is flawed! Thus when one makes a claim against the existence of God and or against the actions of God one’s argument is flaw for it is based upon human reasoning which we ruled is flawed and humanistic understanding which by default is flawed as well.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“If there is a God who is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent this being would have to be above and superior to mankind. Thus this being would be perfect in comparison to man and thus its judgement, actions and reasoning is superior to man’s. Thus in essence this being is not subjected to human standards or concepts of justice, right and wrong because this being dwells in an existence far superior to our own. “[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“Thus if God acts on something and says that its right mankind can neither say that it is right or wrong because this God being is superior to our own understanding and reasoning of right and wrong as man.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]My Argument:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Mankind is flawed. Thus mankind’s reasoning and judgement is flawed as well.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Thus mankind’s concept of right and wrong is flawed.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]God the being is superior to mankind. Thus God’s reasoning and judgement are perfect compared to mankind’s reasoning.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]When God acts and declares something right; mankind can not cast judgement (declare it right or wrong) because mankind’s reasoning is flawed and God’s judgement is superior to our own.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Every act of God is in theory right![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Holy Scripture:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]“There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]are[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] the ways of death.” (Proverbs 14:12)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]-- This portion of scripture given by the proverbial writer shows that mankind has thoughts, plans, intents and motives that seem correct and the way to go but in the end, when the curtain is closed and the race is run the result is destruction. man is hopeless in walking in victory using its own sense of judgement and direction. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“Shall [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]any[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] teach God knowledge? seeing he judgeth those that are high.” (Job 21:22)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]being[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] his counseller hath taught him? With whom took he counsel, and [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]who[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment, and taught him knowledge, and shewed to him the way of understanding?” (Isaiah 40:13-14)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“For who hath stood in the counsel of the LORD, and hath perceived and heard his word? who hath marked his word, and heard [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]it[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]?” (Jeremiah 23:18)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]“For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” (1 Corinthians 13:9-12)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=14.6667px]“And my speech and my preaching [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]was[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]even[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] the hidden [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]wisdom[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px], which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]it[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]them[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px] unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px]them[/SIZE][SIZE=14.6667px], because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. For who hath known the mind of the [/SIZE]Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.” ( 1 Corinthians 2:4-16)

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is morally objective. Humans are morally subjective. We are only moral because God is the source of morality. We are made in His image.

God can not do anything immoral. That would go against His nature. His nature is good and perfect.