1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE INVITATION OF JESUS Matthew 11:28-30

Discussion in 'NonChristian Help Forum' started by firstthings1st., Jan 10, 2014.

1. firstthings1st.

firstthings1st. Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    THE INVITATION OF JESUS Matthew 11:28, 29, 30.

[SIZE=.75em]28 [/SIZE]Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
    [SIZE=.75em]29 [/SIZE]Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    [SIZE=.75em]30 [/SIZE]For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

2. Tim TP

Tim TP New Member

Or do without the burden of 10% of you income and all your thinking.

Instead think freely.

Be your own person.

Don't give all that power to somebody else.

3. dadman

dadman Member

I do believe that God's admonition to his children is to be a cheerful giver ..
    especially to our brothers and sisters in Christ ..
    there is nothing in the New testament about any "commanded" giving . . . "Instead think freely" ??

well .. as far as I'm concerned .. on the surface this sounds "liberating" .. however ..
    he who is a slave to the compass enjoys the freedom of the sea
    God's word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path
    my goal in life is to possess the mind of Christ .. God's will for me indeed

4. Thistle

Thistle New Member

The bible doesn't really talk to Christians about giving a 10% tithe to a church. There was a tithe of that sort to be given to the temple in the days before Messiah, but since then the "temple" is us and He resides with us and any offering we need to give is that which He puts on our hearts to help others in need. Our Creator really has no use for money or buildings which cost thousands or corporate churches but He has a lot to say about being His example of mercy in a dark world.

There's no freer thinking than the thought that is free to consider truth without the burden of personal bias or desire. Our idea of free thinking usually just leads us to think about ourselves all day..a pretty narrow thought pattern, always encumbered by what we want to believe, the very sort of thing that never leads to real answers, but just an endless search for supporting theories to our own desires. Sometimes, the surest way to know you've come across a fact is that it supports nothing that you wanted to believe ;)

5. Harikrish

Harikrish New Member

Read the story of Ananias and Sapphira. This happened after Jesus was offered as the sacrificial lamb for all sinners. Divine executions are still taking place. Especially to people who cannot keep their pledges to the Church.

Acts 5:1-11New International Version (NIV)

Ananias and Sapphira
    5 Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a piece of property. 2 With his wife’s full knowledge he kept back part of the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the apostles’ feet.

3 Then Peter said, “Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land? 4 Didn’t it belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn’t the money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You have not lied just to human beings but to God.”

5 When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized all who heard what had happened. 6 Then some young men came forward, wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

7 About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had happened. 8 Peter asked her, “Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias got for the land?”

“Yes,” she said, “that is the price.”

9 Peter said to her, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord? Listen! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out also.”

10 At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside her husband. 11 Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard about these events.

6. dadman

dadman Member

Jesus: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ...
    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light ..... Matthew 11:28-30

I have found this to be totally true ..... believing is seeing indeed ... THAT IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE EYES TO SEE <><