The Jazz Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
It's gotten to the point that I have given up on this society. As much as I'd like to think there's one person who would understand me, I've found none. It seems to me that humans are obsessed with changing other people's points of view, based solely on beliefs alone. Even the little evidence we have won throughout the ages is abused, just to suit their agenda at hand.

I am a man who's been robbed of true beauty, and told all my life to believe that I am worthless. It doesn't really matter anymore what I am, or what I do, because there's always someone on this planet who'll tell me that I'm wrong. But at the same time there's always someone else who'll tell me I'm right. Who can decided on truth, when you are born in a world where technically everything you've done is good and technically everything you've done is evil.

Typically this is a society that can only create double standards. I can not swallow the lie anymore, everything I see around me is just an invention of what people believe. But I have to put up with the lie, until my final day. Something that I look forward to.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's gotten to the point that I have given up on this society. As much as I'd like to think there's one person who would understand me, I've found none. It seems to me that humans are obsessed with changing other people's points of view, based solely on beliefs alone. Even the little evidence we have won throughout the ages is abused, just to suit their agenda at hand.

I am a man who's been robbed of true beauty, and told all my life to believe that I am worthless. It doesn't really matter anymore what I am, or what I do, because there's always someone on this planet who'll tell me that I'm wrong. But at the same time there's always someone else who'll tell me I'm right. Who can decided on truth, when you are born in a world where technically everything you've done is good and technically everything you've done is evil.

Typically this is a society that can only create double standards. I can not swallow the lie anymore, everything I see around me is just an invention of what people believe. But I have to put up with the lie, until my final day. Something that I look forward to.

What you are experiencing is the double experience of good and evil. Everything is mixed in. We can't go long before something goes sour...or vice versa...things get better.

Now that is a constant in life.

But how you take it depends on your attitude. You can yo you with the world...or steer a straight course.

If you were really seeking victory and eternal purpose you could seek the Lord to eat from the tree of life.

Or ...else the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is as good as it gets.

There is the good...but then there is the perfect. With God things are exactly right. :)

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
What you are experiencing is the double experience of good and evil. Everything is mixed in. We can't go long before something goes sour...or vice versa...things get better.

Now that is a constant in life.

But how you take it depends on your attitude. You can yo you with the world...or steer a straight course.

If you were really seeking victory and eternal purpose you could seek the Lord to eat from the tree of life.

Or ...else the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is as good as it gets.

There is the good...but then there is the perfect. With God things are exactly right. :)
Although God is another person's opinion, whether they believe God is good or evil. I've been down that road as well, and it leads nowhere.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jeez....wrong thread for me to find when I am feeling like I am today

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." (Hebrews 11.6)

Reactions: marks

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." (Hebrews 11.6)
Again, another opinion.

(Those that do not know themselves, will never be known)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Figuring out which is the lie is the biggest problem you face. If what you believe is the truth then what are you seeking from others who don't agree with your beliefs? You put yourself in a position to be judged by someone if you seek their position on what you believe. I suggest stay with your own group who believe as you then you won't be judged by the outsiders.

Reactions: Nancy

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
Figuring out which is the lie is the biggest problem you face. If what you believe is the truth then what are you seeking from others who don't agree with your beliefs? You put yourself in a position to be judged by someone if you seek their position on what you believe. I suggest stay with your own group who believe as you then you won't be judged by the outsiders.
There's nothing outside myself than what my inner mind is telling me. For all I know nothing exists expect me, in fact nothing does.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's nothing outside myself than what my inner mind is telling me. For all I know nothing exists expect me, in fact nothing does.
I understand...you haven't anything to challenge and prove you wrong. Seek for truth...truth will always prevail.

Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All we have is opinion, friend

That is an opinion. We actually have the words from God and the living word of God through the Spirit. So we have 2 reference points...enough to know the truth exactly.

I think you should say...all I have is my opinion. but you could have a lot more than that if you didn't rely on an opinion.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is an opinion. We actually have the words from God and the living word of God through the Spirit. So we have 2 reference points...enough to know the truth exactly.

I think you should say...all I have is my opinion. but you could have a lot more than that if you didn't rely on an opinion.

Sorry, but you cannot divorce yourself from your opinion even your determination of whether some revelation is from God is your opinion. And it is certainly your opinion on how and why you decided to do what you did with the revelation

Reactions: Nancy and marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but you cannot divorce yourself from your opinion even your determination of whether some revelation is from God is your opinion. And it is certainly your opinion on how and why you decided to do what you did with the revelation
We cannot divorce ourselves from our opinion, but God can. For us to grow in Him we must allow Him to work in us. This requires surrender, which is one thing we can do, surrender to God. Once we surrender the first time, then additional opportunities appear.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
We cannot divorce ourselves from our opinion, but God can. For us to grow in Him we must allow Him to work in us. This requires surrender, which is one thing we can do, surrender to God. Once we surrender the first time, then additional opportunities appear.
Hello amadeus, you say that a person must surrender to your God for a personal encounter. I am a little sceptical of this concept being a biblical truth, can you provide a theological source on this matter.

Thankyou.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is the point I was at exactly 13 years ago, and it has shocked me to hear someone else express it...

It's that point where you realize its all a ruse. The things we are told will make us happy and so they are what we should go after, are a ruse, and even more, a distraction. Marriage, house, kids, a bigger house, a vacation house, plastic surgery, dieting, a more expensive car, a beautiful lawn, blah, blah, blah.

Reactions: Nancy and bbyrd009