The Jesuits ... What is their role? Part 1 and 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
After doing a search re the subject below I found a truck load of information. This has been copied from the reformation.org website for your perusal.

Jesuit Extreme Oath of Induction
The following is the Jesuit Extreme Oath of Induction given to high ranking Jesuits only. This oath is taken from the book Subterranean Rome by Carlos Didier, translated from the French, and published in New York in 1843.

"When a Jesuit of the minor rank is to be elevated to command, he is conducted into the Chapel of the Convent of the Order, where there are only three others present, the principal or Superior standing in front of the altar. On either side stands a monk, one of whom holds a banner of yellow and white, which are the Papal colors, and the other a black banner with a dagger and red cross above a skull and crossbones, with the word INRI, and below them the words IUSTUM, NECAR, REGES, IMPIOUS. The meaning of which is: It is just to exterminate or annihilate impious or heretical Kings, Governments, or Rulers. Upon the floor is a red cross at which the postulant or candidate kneels. The Superior hands him a small black crucifix, which he takes in his left hand and presses to his heart, and the Superior at the same time presents to him a dagger, which he grasps by the blade and holds the point against his heart, the Superior still holding it by the hilt, and thus addresses the postulant:"

Superior:

My son, heretofore you have been taught to act the dissembler: among Roman Catholics to be a Roman Catholic, and to be a spy even among your own brethren; to believe no man, to trust no man. Among the Reformers, to be a reformer; among the Huguenots, to be a Huguenot; among the Calvinists, to be a Calvinist; among other Protestants, generally to be a Protestant, and obtaining their confidence, to seek even to preach from their pulpits, and to denounce with all the vehemence in your nature our Holy Religion and the Pope; and even to descend so low as to become a Jew among Jews, that you might be enabled to gather together all information for the benefit of your Order as a faithful soldier of the Pope.

You have been taught to insidiously plant the seeds of jealousy and hatred between communities, provinces, states that were at peace, and incite them to deeds of blood, involving them in war with each other, and to create revolutions and civil wars in countries that were independent and prosperous, cultivating the arts and the sciences and enjoying the blessings of peace. To take sides with the combatants and to act secretly with your brother Jesuit, who might be engaged on the other side, but openly opposed to that with which you might be connected, only that the Church might be the gainer in the end, in the conditions fixed in the treaties for peace and that the end justifies the means.

You have been taught your duty as a spy, to gather all statistics, facts and information in your power from every source; to ingratiate yourself into the confidence of the family circle of Protestants and heretics of every class and character, as well as that of the merchant, the banker, the lawyer, among the schools and universities, in parliaments and legislatures, and the judiciaries and councils of state, and to be all things to all men, for the Pope's sake, whose servants we are unto death.

You have received all your instructions heretofore as a novice, a neophyte, and have served as co-adjurer, confessor and priest, but you have not yet been invested with all that is necessary to command in the Army of Loyola in the service of the Pope. You must serve the proper time as the instrument and executioner as directed by your superiors; for none can command here who has not consecrated his labors with the blood of the heretic; for "without the shedding of blood no man can be saved." Therefore, to fit yourself for your work and make your own salvation sure, you will, in addition to your former oath of obedience to your order and allegiance to the Pope, repeat after me---

The Extreme Oath of the Jesuits:

"1, _ now, in the presence of Almighty God, the Blessed Virgin Mary, the blessed Michael the Archangel, the blessed St. John the Baptist, the holy Apostles St. Peter and St. Paul and all the saints and sacred hosts of heaven, and to you, my ghostly father, the Superior General of the Society of Jesus, founded by St. Ignatius Loyola in the Pontificate of Paul the Third, and continued to the present, do by the womb of the virgin, the matrix of God, and the rod of Jesus Christ, declare and swear, that his holiness the Pope is Christ's Vice-regent and is the true and only head of the Catholic or Universal Church throughout the earth; and that by virtue of the keys of binding and loosing, given to his Holiness by my Savior, Jesus Christ, he hath power to depose heretical kings, princes, states, commonwealths and governments, all being illegal without his sacred confirmation and that they may safely be destroyed. Therefore, to the utmost of my power I shall and will defend this doctrine of his Holiness' right and custom against all usurpers of the heretical or Protestant authority whatever, especially the Lutheran of Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and the now pretended authority and churches of England and Scotland, and branches of the same now established in Ireland and on the Continent of America and elsewhere; and all adherents in regard that they be usurped and heretical, opposing the sacred Mother Church of Rome. I do now renounce and disown any allegiance as due to any heretical king, prince or state named Protestants or Liberals, or obedience to any of the laws, magistrates or officers.

.....continued in Part 2

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Jesuits ... What is their role? Part 2

......I do further declare that the doctrine of the churches of England and Scotland, of the Calvinists, Huguenots and others of the name Protestants or Liberals to be damnable and they themselves damned who will not forsake the same.

I do further declare, that I will help, assist, and advise all or any of his Holiness' agents in any place wherever I shall be, in Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, England, Ireland or America, or in any other Kingdom or territory I shall come to, and do my uttermost to extirpate the heretical Protestants or Liberals' doctrines and to destroy all their pretended powers, regal or otherwise.

I do further promise and declare, that notwithstanding I am dispensed with, to assume my religion heretical, for the propaganda of the Mother Church's interest, to keep secret and private all her agents' counsels from time to time, as they may entrust me and not to divulge, directly or indirectly, by word, writing or circumstance whatever; but to execute all that shall be proposed, given in charge or discovered unto me, by you, my ghostly father, or any of this sacred covenant.

I do further promise and declare, that I will have no opinion or will of my own, or any mental reservation whatever, even as a corpse or cadaver (perinde ac cadaver), but will unhesitatingly obey each and every command that I may receive from my superiors in the Militia of the Pope and of Jesus Christ.

That I may go to any part of the world withersoever I may be sent, to the frozen regions of the North, the burning sands of the desert of Africa, or the jungles of India, to the centers of civilization of Europe, or to the wild haunts of the barbarous savages of America, without murmuring or repining, and will be submissive in all things whatsoever communicated to me.

I furthermore promise and declare that I will, when opportunity present, make and wage relentless war, secretly or openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Liberals, as I am directed to do, to extirpate and exterminate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex or condition; and that I will hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive these infamous heretics, rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women and crush their infants' heads against the walls, in order to annihilate forever their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly, I will secretly use the poisoned cup, the strangulating cord, the steel of the poniard or the leaden bullet, regardless of the honor, rank, dignity, or authority of the person or persons, whatever may be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agent of the Pope or Superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Faith, of the Society of Jesus.

In confirmation of which, I hereby dedicate my life, my soul and all my corporal powers, and with this dagger which I now receive, I will subscribe my name written in my own blood, in testimony thereof; and should I prove false or weaken in my determination, may my brethren and fellow soldiers of the Militia of the Pope cut off my hands and my feet, and my throat from ear to ear, my belly opened and sulphur burned therein, with all the punishment that can be inflicted upon me on earth and my soul be tortured by demons in an eternal hell forever!

All of which, I, _, do swear by the Blessed Trinity and blessed Sacraments, which I am now to receive, to perform and on my part to keep inviolable; and do call all the heavenly and glorious host of heaven to witness the blessed Sacrament of the Eucharist, and witness the same further with my name written and with the point of this dagger dipped in my own blood and sealed in the face of this holy covenant."

(He receives the wafer from the Superior and writes his name with the point of his dagger dipped in his own blood taken from over his heart.)

Superior:

"You will now rise to your feet and I will instruct you in the Catechism necessary to make yourself known to any member of the Society of Jesus belonging to this rank.

In the first place, you, as a Brother Jesuit, will with another mutually make the ordinary sign of the cross as any ordinary Roman Catholic would; then one cross his wrists, the palms of his hands open, and the other in answer crosses his feet, one above the other; the first points with forefinger of the right hand to the center of the palm of the left, the other with the forefinger of the left hand points to the center of the palm of the right; the first then with his right hand makes a circle around his head, touching it; the other then with the forefinger of his left hand touches the left side of his body just below his heart; the first then with his right hand draws it across the throat of the other, and the latter then with a dagger down the stomach and abdomen of the first. The first then says Iustum; and the other answers Necar; the first Reges. The other answers Impious." (The meaning of which has already been explained.) "The first will then present a small piece of paper folded in a peculiar manner, four times, which the other will cut longitudinally and on opening the name Jesu will be found written upon the head and arms of a cross three times. You will then give and receive with him the following questions and answers:

Question —From whither do you come? Answer — The Holy faith.

Q. —Whom do you serve?

A. —The Holy Father at Rome, the Pope, and the Roman Catholic Church Universal throughout the world.

Q. —Who commands you?

A. —The Successor of St. Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus or the Soldiers of Jesus Christ.

Q. —Who received you? A. —A venerable man in white hair.

Q. —How?

A. —With a naked dagger, I kneeling upon the cross beneath the banners of the Pope and of our sacred order.

Q. —Did you take an oath?

A. —I did, to destroy heretics and their governments and rulers, and to spare neither age, sex nor condition. To be as a corpse without any opinion or will of my own, but to implicitly obey my Superiors in all things without hesitation of murmuring.

Q. —Will you do that? A. —I will.

Q. —How do you travel? A. —In the bark of Peter the fisherman.

Q. —Whither do you travel? A. —To the four quarters of the globe. Q. —For what purpose?

A. —To obey the orders of my general and Superiors and execute the will of the Pope and faithfully fulfill the conditions of my oaths.

Q. —Go ye, then, into all the world and take possession of all lands in the name of the Pope. He who will not accept him as the Vicar of Jesus and his Vice-regent on earth, let him be accursed and exterminated."

Editor's Notes

jesuit-oath.jpg

Alberto Ribera taking the Jesuit oath.

This oath is taken from the book Subterranean Rome by Carlos Didier, translated from the French and published in New York in 1843. Dr. Alberto Rivera escaped from the Jesuit Order in 1967, and he describes his Jesuit oath in exactly the same way as it appears in this book. Semper idem: always the same.

The Jesuit Oath of Induction is also recorded in the Congressional Record of the U.S. (House Bill 1523, Contested election case of Eugene C. Bonniwell, against Thos. S. Butler, Feb. 15, 1913, pp. 3215-3216).

Copyright © 2007 by Niall Kilkenny

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh good grief! Not that rubbish about he Jesuit Oath and Alberto Rivera.

None of it is true. Some lies about the Catholic Church never die, They just keep circulating on Anti-Catholic web sites and gullible people believe them.

Do you really want me to waste time refuting this rubbish or will you withdraw it and do some real research?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh good grief! Not that rubbish about he Jesuit Oath and Alberto Rivera.

None of it is true. Some lies about the Catholic Church never die, They just keep circulating on Anti-Catholic web sites and gullible people believe them.

Do you really want me to waste time refuting this rubbish or will you withdraw it and do some real research?
The denial comes as no surprise. The RC system is built on it. History is its witness.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and XRose

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The denial comes as no surprise. The RC system is built on it. History is its witness.

More unproven nonsense.

I suppose you believe because this this daggers and blood stuff on some Protestant web site that makes it credible.

Have you actually looked at that web site? Do you believe this stuff from it?

I invite people to look at that website and decide how credible anything from it is - reformation.org

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mungo,

You may as well become a Mormon.

Because you are in the same boat with them in that so many lies are spread about your respective faiths.

But you should stop to consider that some of these things might be true.

And that people are telling you of them in order that your eyes might be opened to the evil that exists in your respective religions.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Helen

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Mungo,

You may as well become a Mormon.

Because you are in the same boat with them in that so many lies are spread about your respective faiths.

But you should stop to consider that some of these things might be true.

And that people are telling you of them in order that your eyes might be opened to the evil that exists in your respective religions.

There is nothing to be learned from quietthinker's rubbish except how much some people hate the Catholic Church and will propagate any lies they come across.

quitethinker should reflect on what the Bible says about bearing false witness and what happens to slanderers.

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More unproven nonsense.

I suppose you believe because this this daggers and blood stuff on some Protestant web site that makes it credible.

Have you actually looked at that web site? Do you believe this stuff from it?

I invite people to look at that website and decide how credible anything from it is - reformation.org
I found it interesting that a reference was made to the "Roman Catholic Church Universal." I cannot imagine a Jesuit using that phrase. I had to laugh a little at that ignorance even though the piece was very ugly.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh good grief! Not that rubbish about he Jesuit Oath and Alberto Rivera. None of it is true. Some lies about the Catholic Church never die, They just keep circulating on Anti-Catholic web sites and gullible people believe them.
Why do Roman Catholics (generally) deny the truth whenever their church is exposed? And then everything which is negative about this church is called "lies", when it is the exact opposite.

The history of the Jesuits (Society of Jesus) is not a very pleasant one.

There is no question that their primary purpose was to destroy Protestantism, and they were primarily involved with the Counter-Reformation:"The Counter-Reformation is usually understood to have began from Pope Paul III (1534-1549), who authorized the Society of Jesus in 1540, established the Roman Inquisition in 1542, and initiated the Council of Trent in 1545. It continued until the pontificate of Sixtus V (1585-1590). The Counter-Reformation had a strong political ally in Philip II, king of Spain (1556-1598)."
https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Counter-Reformation

Anyone who knows anything about the Roman Catholic Inquisition knows that it was evil and devilish to the core, using torture as its primary weapon to "convert" people.

Anyone who knows anything about the Council of Trent understands that it was created to THOROUGHLY OPPOSE biblical doctrines as presented by the Reformers, who were placed under a curse by Rome. You will find the word "anathema" over and over again in this Council (which is still valid for the RCC, and is quoted extensively in their Catechism).

Furthermore the order of Jesuits was ABOLISHED/DISSOLVED on July 21, 1773 by Pope Clement XIV because of their evil deeds. They had already been abolished in France and Spain. And anyone who knows anything about Jesuits knows that they are famous for "Jesuitical casuistry" (a system of logic and morality which offers loopholes for all sorts of wrongdoing). Which means that Jesuits could find a loophole for murder, and they did murder their opponents. Jesuits were involved with political intrigue, subversion, deception, spying, infiltration, assassination, and revolution. No wonder they were driven out of so many countries.

Now a good Catholic Christian should actually REPUDIATE the Jesuits and all their evil deeds. Not try to whitewash historical facts and claim "It is all lies" and "You all hate Catholics".

Reactions: Taken and Brakelite

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing to be learned from quietthinker's rubbish except how much some people hate the Catholic Church and will propagate any lies they come across.

quitethinker should reflect on what the Bible says about bearing false witness and what happens to slanderers.

I think that @quietthinker has very likely considered this quite carefully.

And is saying what he is saying out of this command:

Eph 4:14, That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Eph 4:15, But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Unfortunately, some people take comfort in false information about what other people believe -- hence the constant bashing, refusal to get facts straight, and see people as real people (rather than a cartoon-ized "other" villain).

Such is people in thier mortal weakness. Honestly, the best road you can take in such a situation is pray that they come closer to Christ, finding strength & comfort in Him that they can grow and overcome such sinful tendencies.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why do Roman Catholics (generally) deny the truth whenever their church is exposed? And then everything which is negative about this church is called "lies", when it is the exact opposite.

There is no question that their primary purpose was to destroy Protestantism, and they were primarily involved with the Counter-Reformation:"The Counter-Reformation is usually understood to have began from Pope Paul III (1534-1549), who authorized the Society of Jesus in 1540, established the Roman Inquisition in 1542, and initiated the Council of Trent in 1545. It continued until the pontificate of Sixtus V (1585-1590). The Counter-Reformation had a strong political ally in Philip II, king of Spain (1556-1598)."

Anyone who knows anything about the Roman Catholic Inquisition knows that it was evil and devilish to the core, using torture as its primary weapon to "convert" people.

Anyone who knows anything about the Council of Trent understands that it was created to THOROUGHLY OPPOSE biblical doctrines as presented by the Reformers, who were placed under a curse by Rome. You will find the word "anathema" over and over again in this Council (which is still valid for the RCC, and is quoted extensively in their Catechism).

Furthermore the order of Jesuits was ABOLISHED/DISSOLVED on July 21, 1773 by Pope Clement XIV because of their evil deeds. They had already been abolished in France and Spain. And anyone who knows anything about Jesuits knows that they are famous for "Jesuitical casuistry" (a system of logic and morality which offers loopholes for all sorts of wrongdoing). Which means that Jesuits could find a loophole for murder, and they did murder their opponents. Jesuits were involved with political intrigue, subversion, deception, spying, infiltration, assassination, and revolution. No wonder they were driven out of so many countries.

Now a good Catholic Christian should actually REPUDIATE the Jesuits and all their evil deeds. Not try to whitewash historical facts and claim "It is all lies" and "You all hate Catholics".

More lies or gross exaggerations.

It's people who propagate these lies that are evil.

The primary purpose of the Inquisition was not to destroy Protestantism

The Inquisition did not use "torture as its primary weapon to "convert" people".

The Council of Trent did not put a curse on anyone.

Pope Clement XIV did not abolish the Jesuits for their evil deeds.

The main Inquisition that most people think of is the Spanish Inquisition. Professor Rodney Stark, in his book "Bearing False Witness", writes
The standard account of the Spanish Inquisition is mostly a pack of lies, invented and spread by English and Dutch propagandists in the sixteen century during their wars with Spain. and repeated ever after by the malicious or misled historians eager to sustain "an image of Spain as a nation of fanatical bigots" (quote from Helen Rawlings, 2006 The Spanish Inquisition)

Reactions: Giuliano

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

(I'm not a Catholic here).

Roman Catholics deny the falsehoods anti-Catholics hatefully spread. And they should: such is standing for truthfulness.
Non-Catholics have zero reason to smear Catholics, and can truthfully & respectfully acknowledge that Catholic beliefs actually are, while disagreeing with those beliefs.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Since some people are taking the OP seriously I think some response is required..

1. The fabrication of the "Jesuit Oath" predates Carlos Didier's book. According to the Catholic Encyclopedia this oath was the product of the imagination of the forger Robert Ware (mid to late 1600’s).

Here’s an excerpt from the Catholic Encyclopedia article “Impostors”:
"Robert Ware the forger, the author of "Foxes and Firebrands", who has of late years been so thoroughly exposed by Father Bridgett, traded upon the same prejudices. His more public career began contemporaneously with that of Oates in 1678, and by sheltering himself behind the high reputation of his dead father, Sir James Ware, amongst whose manuscripts he pretended to discover all kinds of compromising papers, he obtained currency for his forgeries, remaining almost undetected until modern times. Many foul aspersions upon the character of individual popes, Jesuits, and other Catholics, and also upon some Puritans, which have found their way into the pages of respectable historians, are due to the fabrications of "this literary skunk", as Fr. Bridgett not unjustifiably calls him (see Bridgett, "Blunders and Forgeries", pp. 209-296).

2. Of course "Alberto Rivero's account matched Didier's book. Where do you think he got it from?

Alberto River was supposedly an ex-Jesuit priest who leads us into the murky world of Catholicism and claims to have been an undercover agent for Jesuits to infiltrate and destroy protestant churches. Many of his claims were investigated by Gary Metz of Christianity Today and found him to be a fraud. He was part of Jack Chick's comic book publications.

Although the Christian Research Institute and Christianity Today (both Protestant) [and Cornerstone, also Protestant] demonstrated that Rivera was never a priest and never offered any proof for his allegations, the comic books keep popping up and people keep believing Rivera’s charges. (Catholic Answers).

The Jesuit Oath of Induction is also recorded in the Congressional Record of the U.S. (House Bill 1523, Contested election case of Eugene C. Bonniwell, against Thos. S. Butler, Feb. 15, 1913, pp. 3215-3216).

This is a double falsehood:
a) the actual case was regarding the "Knight's of Columbus Oath" (another fabrication) not the Jesuit Oath.

b) The reason it is in the Congressional Record is that it was a document submitted as part of the evidence at the hearing. of Bonniwell vs Butler. Someone circulated it as part of Butler's election campaign. Both sides of the campaign repudiated the document's authenticity.

Thoman Butler stated: I have no knowledge of “any man, set of men, political organization, or its representative, employing or procuring messengers to traverse this congressional district and to circulate on my account or on any account the publication which you characterize as a blasphemous and infamous libel, known as Knights of Columbus oath.” That this paper was circulated through this congressional district during this campaign I both admit and regret. I deny that I had anything whatever to do, directly or indirectly, with either its publication or its circulation......
I do not believe in its truthfulness, and so stated my judgment concerning it on November 4, 1912 (as soon as complaint was made to me of its general circulation), through the columns of the West Chester Daily Local News .

You can read more here: The Jesuit Oath Debunked

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, some people take comfort in false information about what other people believe -- hence the constant bashing, refusal to get facts straight, and see people as real people (rather than a cartoon-ized "other" villain).

Such is people in thier mortal weakness. Honestly, the best road you can take in such a situation is pray that they come closer to Christ, finding strength & comfort in Him that they can grow and overcome such sinful tendencies.
We can do without your prayers for us to be closer to the Mormon Jesus (2 Corinthians 11:3-4 (kjv)).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith, I do pray for you and everyone else on here. Our mutual Lord and Savior is king of all, and we each should grow closer to Him every day.
Your prayers will not avail because they are not to the one true Omnipotent God but to a false one.

My prayers, however, will avail for you.

And, since your jesus is not the same jesus as the Jesus of the Bible, he is not "our mutual Lord and Saviour";

While the one true Jesus is my Lord and Saviour.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 16:28 A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends.

Proverbs 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.
21 As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.