The Kingdom has been Restored to Israel!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
At this time the Jews were under the control of Rome. In order to restore the kingdom to Israel the king would have to be a son of David. Jesus was that son.

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Mat 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Mat 1:2 Abraham begat Isaac; and Isaac begat Jacob; and Jacob begat Judas and his brethren;
Mat 1:3 And Judas begat Phares and Zara of Thamar; and Phares begat Esrom; and Esrom begat Aram;
Mat 1:4 And Aram begat Aminadab; and Aminadab begat Naasson; and Naasson begat Salmon;
Mat 1:5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;
Mat 1:6 And Jesse begat David the king; and David the king begat Solomon of her that had been the wife of Urias;
Mat 1:7 And Solomon begat Roboam; and Roboam begat Abia; and Abia begat Asa;
Mat 1:8 And Asa begat Josaphat; and Josaphat begat Joram; and Joram begat Ozias;
Mat 1:9 And Ozias begat Joatham; and Joatham begat Achaz; and Achaz begat Ezekias;
Mat 1:10 And Ezekias begat Manasses; and Manasses begat Amon; and Amon begat Josias;
Mat 1:11 And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
Mat 1:12 And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;
Mat 1:13 And Zorobabel begat Abiud; and Abiud begat Eliakim; and Eliakim begat Azor;
Mat 1:14 And Azor begat Sadoc; and Sadoc begat Achim; and Achim begat Eliud;
Mat 1:15 And Eliud begat Eleazar; and Eleazar begat Matthan; and Matthan begat Jacob;
Mat 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Jesus was the son of David in the flesh.

Mar 11:8 And many spread their garments in the way: and others cut down branches off the trees, and strawed them in the way.
Mar 11:9 And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord:
Mar 11:10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.

Rev_5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

The prophecy was fulfilled when, as we see above, Jesus sit upon the throne for ever and ever.

Reactions: Poppin

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Not to split hairs but the Apostles were asking about the earthly Kingdom of Israel and you are talking about a throne in heaven.

I can't equate the two as being the same thing.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus will set Israel back up, the people will come to faith and will be given their promised land. Jesus will reign as King forever.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Arnie Manitoba said:
Not to split hairs but the Apostles were asking about the earthly Kingdom of Israel and you are talking about a throne in heaven.

Jesus said "my kingdom is not of this world" and in the scriptures above it says Jesus will sit upon the throne forever.

Please give me the scriptures that point out an earthly kingdom, I can't find it.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Rocky Wiley said:
Please give me the scriptures that point out an earthly kingdom, I can't find it.
I got it from the first sentence in your first post Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Notice Jesus told them the date was none of their concern Acts 1:7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority

Notice also it says "restore" the kingdom .... meaning there had been one previously

Thus I am not able to reconcile Jesus' sitting on the throne with the kingdom the disciples were talking about.

I think they are two different things.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Arnie Manitoba said:
I got it from the first sentence in your first post Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Notice Jesus told them the date was none of their concern Acts 1:7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority

Notice also it says "restore" the kingdom .... meaning there had been one previously

Thus I am not able to reconcile Jesus' sitting on the throne with the kingdom the disciples were talking about.

I think they are two different things.
I understand your interpretation, but might you look at this:

In the bible when it speaks of the nation of Israel it will say ‘land of Israel’, when it uses Israel alone it speaks of the children of Israel. So in my original post the scripture is saying ” will thou at this time restore the kingdom to the children of Israel."

Land of Israel
Mat_2:20 Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child's life.

Mat_2:21 And he arose, and took the young child and his mother, and came into the land of Israel.
Mat_10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Children of Israel
Rom_9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Mar_12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

By using this info we see the bible agrees in all cases and Jesus sits on the throne as King of the Children of Israel.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I guess it comes down to defining the Kingdom the disciples had in mind when they asked the question

At this moment I do not know .... I have never actually given it much thought.

On that note .... I wonder if modern Israel can be considered a "Kingdom" ?? .... I am talking about from a Jewish (unsaved) perspective.

On another note ... if Jews do think of it (modern Israel) as a "Kingdom" .... I doubt they will ever have an actual "King" .... because that position is now occupied by Jesus .... which does go along with your opening post.

Anyway .... I wasn't wanting to derail your thread , just some thoughts from me.

John 8:32

Jan 6, 2012
Uh, what about his part?

Isa 2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
Isa 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
Isa 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

How's that working out for 'em?

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013
"nation shall not lift up sword against nation"

that's the time of Jesus's reign on earth.

What do you mean John by "How's that working out for 'em?"

well, Jesus will be their King too by then.

Someone else said "The lion (of Judah) and the lamb (of Ephraim) will live together in peace forever and ever."

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
John 8:32 said:
Uh, what about his part?

Isa 2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
Isa 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
Isa 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
Isa 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Yet to happen so hang on to your horses.

And it works out very well for Israel when the Heavenly Jerusalem comes down.

They will even let a few gentiles in once in a while.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Uh, what about his part?

John, you are not alone in the interpretation of Isaiah, since most people see it your way. Would you allow me to point out the way these scriptures should hermetically be read.

When Jesus came as the Jews Messiah, the power of Judah and Jerusalem is shown as they served under the Roman Empire. They were allowed to teach the Lord’s way according to law. But they were not allowed to fight in war because they were an occupied country, thus they were not allowed weapons.

These scriptures show the truth of their works.
Isa 2:6 Therefore thou hast forsaken thy people the house of Jacob, because they be replenished from the east, and are soothsayers like the Philistines, and they please themselves in the children of strangers.
Isa 2:7 Their land also is full of silver and gold, neither is there any end of their treasures; their land is also full of horses, neither is there any end of their chariots:
Isa 2:8 Their land also is full of idols; they worship the work of their own hands, that which their own fingers have made:

Now the judgment starts:
Isa 3:1 For, behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water,

Isa 3:7 In that day shall he swear, saying, I will not be an healer; for in my house is neither bread nor clothing: make me not a ruler of the people.
Isa 3:8 For Jerusalem is ruined, and Judah is fallen: because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD, to provoke the eyes of his glory.

Isa 3:18 In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon,

Isa 3:24 And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty.

Now comes the destruction of the temple and the end of the age of Law.
Isa 3:25 Thy men shall fall by the sword, and thy mighty in the war.
Isa 3:26 And her gates shall lament and mourn; and she being desolate shall sit upon the ground.

Next comes the age of Grace.
Isa 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
Isa 4:2 In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.
Isa 4:3 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:

One can see how Jesus was able to make it all come out well for those that believe.

John 8:32

Jan 6, 2012
Keep reading in Isa 4...

Isa 4:3 And it shall come to pass that he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy—everyone who is recorded among the living in Jerusalem.
Isa 4:4 When the Lord has washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and purged the blood of Jerusalem from her midst, by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning,
Isa 4:5 then the LORD will create above every dwelling place of Mount Zion, and above her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day and the shining of a flaming fire by night. For over all the glory there will be a covering.
Isa 4:6 And there will be a tabernacle for shade in the daytime from the heat, for a place of refuge, and for a shelter from storm and rain.

This has not occurred in Jerusalem yet, neither has this...

Isa 11:1 There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse, And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.
Isa 11:2 The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.
Isa 11:3 His delight is in the fear of the LORD, And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes, Nor decide by the hearing of His ears;
Isa 11:4 But with righteousness He shall judge the poor, And decide with equity for the meek of the earth; He shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked.
Isa 11:5 Righteousness shall be the belt of His loins, And faithfulness the belt of His waist.
Isa 11:6 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7 The cow and the bear shall graze; Their young ones shall lie down together; And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isa 11:8 The nursing child shall play by the cobra's hole, And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper's den.
Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea.

All one has to do i slook at TV, the newsstands and the web to see that thearth is far from being covered by the knowledge of the Lord.

This has not occurred yet either...

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
Zec 14:17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain.
Zec 14:18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
Zec 14:19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

Egypt, physically or spiritually is not keeping the Feast of Tabernacles today.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Keep reading in Isa 4...

Isa 4:3 And it shall come to pass that he who is left in Zion and remains in Jerusalem will be called holy—everyone who is recorded among the living in Jerusalem.
Isa 4:4 When the Lord has washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and purged the blood of Jerusalem from her midst, by the spirit of judgment and by the spirit of burning,
the spirit of judging, the spirit of burning

Isa 4:5 then the LORD will create above every dwelling place of Mount Zion, and above her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day and the shining of a flaming fire by night. For over all the glory there will be a covering.
Isa 4:6 And there will be a tabernacle for shade in the daytime from the heat, for a place of refuge, and for a shelter from storm and rain.

everything here is spiritual and it has happened, in my opinion since we can not see the spiritual things here on earth.

This has not occurred in Jerusalem yet, neither has this...

Isa 11:1 There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse, And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.
Isa 11:2 The Spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might, The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.
Isa 11:3 His delight is in the fear of the LORD, And He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes, Nor decide by the hearing of His ears;
Isa 11:4 But with righteousness He shall judge the poor, And decide with equity for the meek of the earth; He shall strike the earth with the rod of His mouth, And with the breath of His lips He shall slay the wicked.
Isa 11:5 Righteousness shall be the belt of His loins, And faithfulness the belt of His waist.
Isa 11:6 "The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard shall lie down with the young goat, The calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7 The cow and the bear shall graze; Their young ones shall lie down together; And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isa 11:8 The nursing child shall play by the cobra's hole, And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper's den.
Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea.

All one has to do i slook at TV, the newsstands and the web to see that thearth is far from being covered by the knowledge of the Lord.

the Branch is Jesus and he has come, in my opinion

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
Zec 14:17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, on them there will be no rain.
Zec 14:18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.
Zec 14:19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles.

this is not speaking of the end time, in my opinion.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
Arnie Manitoba said:

I think that we see throughout the gospels, that the Disciples really didn't have a good grasp on what Jesus was bringing. All the Jews had the understanding that when the Descendant of David showed up, he would actually overthrow the Romans and set up his Kingdom of Israel and be undefeatable. But clearly the prevelant Jewish expectations of the time were wrong. What Jesus came to 'install' was salvation for every nation.
So...it's hard to know if at the point of Jesus' ascention into heaven that the disciples knew the whole deal or not. What I find interesting is that while throughout Jesus' earthly ministry they asked several time about the 'when' of the 'Jewish triumph'....I'm not sure they ever mention it after Pentecost, after the Spirit anointed them with the knowledge of the gospel so that they could complete their ministry.

Just a thought.....

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
The disciples were Jews and understood, very early I believe, that Jesus had not come to set up a kingdom in this natural world, but in the spiritual world. Many times he told them the kingdom of God was at hand.

Heb 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Reading God’s word is very clear if we will ask God for proper understanding. That will come with scripture explaining scripture, not from man. So why would the bible tell us God is going to set up his kingdom here on earth when Jesus said “my kingdom is not of this world” John 18:36? Men have ignored Jesus’ word as if it does not exist. Jesus was saying ‘this world’ the natural one, but it would be of a spiritual world.
Luk 8:10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
The disciples did come to the understanding early.

Maybe people get confused because scripture says “the kingdom of God is within you”, Luke 17:21 We clearly can not see that kingdom with our eyes but we accept the fact that God is living within us when we become believers.

It does appear that the disciples did not understand, at the time Jesus walked here on earth, the inclusion of the gentiles.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

If we are of Abraham’s seed, we are the children of Israel. Understanding this, clears up much of the scripture about Jesus and his kingdom which was established to be forever and promised to Abraham and his seed.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Rach said:
I think that we see throughout the gospels, that the Disciples really didn't have a good grasp on what Jesus was bringing. All the Jews had the understanding that when the Descendant of David showed up, he would actually overthrow the Romans and set up his Kingdom of Israel and be undefeatable. But clearly the prevelant Jewish expectations of the time were wrong. What Jesus came to 'install' was salvation for every nation.
So...it's hard to know if at the point of Jesus' ascention into heaven that the disciples knew the whole deal or not. What I find interesting is that while throughout Jesus' earthly ministry they asked several time about the 'when' of the 'Jewish triumph'....I'm not sure they ever mention it after Pentecost, after the Spirit anointed them with the knowledge of the gospel so that they could complete their ministry.

Just a thought.....
I pretty much see it that way too Rach.

Starting with the disciples they probably had uncertainties about how "The Kingdom" plans would unfold ..... and if anything , they seemed to expect it "any day soon" by the sounds of it.

Then the next 1900 years or so there was not even a Nation of Israel .... let alone a "Kingdom of Israel" .... so it was a natural assumption the "Christian Church" replaced Israel ..... even though much remaining scripture still alluded to a future Israel

Those teachings and beliefs continued both in the Catholic and Protestant church until 1948 when Israel again became a nation and some people began to read the bible with Israel (the nation) in proper focus.

It is still difficult for a lot of Christians to accept that Israel still has a role to play now and in the future ... especially while they remain in unbelief.

Before the internet ..... and with great difficulty I sought out theology books and bible commentaries written before 1948 ..... and sure enough , the honest scholars said ..... "as hard as it is to believe , the Jews will be re-gathered to Palestine and again form their own country " .... "God still has plans for them .... "

I still have those theology books somewhere .... I should dig them out and post some contents here.

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014
Rocky Wiley said:
Jesus said "my kingdom is not of this world" and in the scriptures above it says Jesus will sit upon the throne forever.

I agree. I love this topic.
although He is on the throne of David. in heaven. it is eternal. He is ruling now.

Acts 2
29“Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. 32This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. 34For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says,

“‘The Lord said to my Lord,
Sit at my right hand,
35 until I make your enemies your footstool.’

36Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Poppin said:
I agree. I love this topic.
although He is on the throne of David. in heaven. it is eternal. He is ruling now.

Acts 2
29“Brothers, I may say to you with confidence about the patriarch David that he both died and was buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 30Being therefore a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants on his throne, 31he foresaw and spoke about the resurrection of the Christ, that he was not abandoned to Hades, nor did his flesh see corruption. 32This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. 33Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. 34For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says,

“‘The Lord said to my Lord,
Sit at my right hand,
35 until I make your enemies your footstool.’

36Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”

Just a quick comment ..... I think you made a good point .... Jesus is the one on the Throne of David , yes , no question about it .... it is we humans who try to hard to apply it to ourselves or Israel or some other convoluted theory .... best wishes

Reactions: Poppin

Poppin

Jan 16, 2014

hi john.
that was fulfilled long ago. it was written even before Ezra and Nehemiah and speaks of the return from Babylon. the very same time and events as they record. example:

Nehemiah 8
13On the second day the heads of fathers’ houses of all the people, with the priests and the Levites, came together to Ezra the scribe in order to study the words of the Law. 14And they found it written in the Law that the LORD had commanded by Moses that the people of Israel should dwell in boothsc during the feast of the seventh month, 15and that they should proclaim it and publish it in all their towns and in Jerusalem, “Go out to the hills and bring branches of olive, wild olive, myrtle, palm, and other leafy trees to make booths, as it is written.” 16So the people went out and brought them and made booths for themselves, each on his roof, and in their courts and in the courts of the house of God, and in the square at the Water Gate and in the square at the Gate of Ephraim. 17And all the assembly of those who had returned from the captivity made booths and lived in the booths, for from the days of Jeshua the son of Nun to that day the people of Israel had not done so. And there was very great rejoicing. 18And day by day, from the first day to the last day, he read from the Book of the Law of God. They kept the feast seven days, and on the eighth day there was a solemn assembly, according to the rule.

Arnie Manitoba said:
Just a quick comment ..... I think you made a good point .... Jesus is the one on the Throne of David , yes , no question about it .... it is we humans who try to hard to apply it to ourselves or Israel or some other convoluted theory .... best wishes
it's very exciting, isn't it? :) The Lord reigns.
sometimes people seem a little disappointed in a way. perhaps it's because of the idea that Jesus will reign from old jerusalem. i know that teaching is very popular, especially in america. but that's okay.
God bless you!

edit - oh dear - i don't know how i have two posts in one.
i am new here. my apologies.