The KJV of the Holy Bible is based on what? A question for all the KJO folks.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not quite?

John 1
1 beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made.

Word Became Flesh
(Psalm 84:1–12)

14The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us.b We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Sonc from the Father, full of grace and truth
Yes, not quite. John 1 is not the only place were we learn who Jesus is and the verses you cite do not even mention his name. Contrast with v 20:31.

Don't you think a statement who tells us who Jesus is ought to have the name Jesus in the statement? And why do you diss the other Gospels?

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, not quite. John 1 is not the only place were we learn who Jesus is and the verses you cite do not even mention his name. Contrast with v 20:31.

Don't you think a statement who tells us who Jesus is ought to have the name Jesus in the statement? And why do you diss the other Gospels?
You're mistaken again.

I never stated that was the only place we learn who Jesus is.
That is your presumption,interpolation, of my actual post.

John 1 tells us unequivocally who Jesus is.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're mistaken again.

I never stated that was the only place we learn who Jesus is.
That is your presumption,interpolation, of my actual post.

John 1 tells us unequivocally who Jesus is.
No. And not an answer to why you diss the other Gospels.

John 20:31 tells us unequivocally. John 1:14 does not even use his name. That’s equivocal.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that most of the modern translations such as the RSV, NRSV, NEB & REB used an eclectic approach to the text, evaluating each verse individually. The NEB & REB are not "Revised" versions, but totally new translations directly from the Hebrew and Greek.
Well I have not interacted with these yet. As Yogi Berra said, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"! I enjoy the KJV<NASB, ,Amplified, and diving into the Greek and Hebrew

Reactions: marks

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. And not an answer to why you diss the other Gospels.
I don't disrespect the other Gospels. A false accusation doesn't make your error suddenly become correct or irrelevant.
John 20:31 tells us unequivocally. John 1:14 does not even use his name. That’s equivocal.
There's only one Jesus.

In the beginning was the word.

And the word was with God.

And the word was God.

And the word became flesh and dwelt among us.

There need not be the name Yeshua there for us to know to whom it refers.

Why are you so intent on using other parts of John 1 in an effort to deny references to Yeshua in the first part of John 1?

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still think God uses the KJV to reach people. There is a man, fed up with life. He had no family and was working and kept asking himself, what am I working for, you know, what's the purpose. He took a day off work and was just going to end his life. He checked into a motel and sat on the bed, just relaxing a bit and sat his gun on the bed. Feeling down, he decided to write a note for someone find. He needed some paper, so he started opening drawers by the bedside but found a bible instead. As he started reading, he started crying, and then the feeling of love came over him, then gave life the Jesus. The bible was a Gideons KJV. There's something about that bible.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still think God uses the KJV to reach people. There is a man, fed up with life. He had no family and was working and kept asking himself, what am I working for, you know, what's the purpose. He took a day off work and was just going to end his life. He checked into a motel and sat on the bed, just relaxing a bit and sat his gun on the bed. Feeling down, he decided to write a note for someone find. He needed some paper, so he started opening drawers by the bedside but found a bible instead. As he started reading, he started crying, and then the feeling of love came over him, then gave life the Jesus. The bible was a Gideons KJV. There's something about that bible.
It's a curious thing to witness. Yet,it is why the world is in the straits it is in even when the majority of its population claim to know Christ.

There are so many who are anti,not ante.

Anti-KJV.
Anti-Sabbath
Anti-eternal irrevocable salvation

On and on.

If the KJV is near to our heart,let it be so.
The KJV was the Bible our family raised me with.

It doesn't matter what anti's think.

The only thing that should matter is God knows our name.✝️

Reactions: Rockerduck

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't disrespect the other Gospels.
Yes, you did. John’s is not the only Gospel or the only Gospel that tells us who Jesus is. You might think it is not disrespectful to 3 in pretending only one states something but one could hardly act more disrespectfully of God’s words than that.

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, you did. John’s is not the only Gospel or the only Gospel that tells us who Jesus is. You might think it is not disrespectful to 3 in pretending only one states something but one could hardly act more disrespectfully of God’s words than that.
You are in error.

It is you who disrespect the truth of God in Christ.

You're manufacturing a dis conceived within your own imagination.

I referenced John 1. And noted the points wherein we know through that testimony that Yeshua was The Word, The Father, made flesh.

You will never make my knowledge ,posting, nor John 1, anything born from your adversarial imagination. Because I posted John 1 for what it offers this discussion.

I need not gain your approval. And I sure as God is my witness will never let the Adversary's imagination paint upon my post what was never stated.

I rebuke you in the holy name of Yeshua Christ!
Get ye behind me.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are in error.

It is you who disrespect the truth of God in Christ.

You're manufacturing a dis conceived within your own imagination.

I referenced John 1. And noted the points wherein we know through that testimony that Yeshua was The Word, The Father, made flesh.

You will never make my knowledge ,posting, nor John 1, anything born from your adversarial imagination. Because I posted John 1 for what it offers this discussion.

I need not gain your approval. And I sure as God is my witness will never let the Adversary's imagination paint upon my post what was never stated.

But you have mine.
Get ye behind me.

• Love

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know something....

You disrespect the ( EXPLETIVE... I CANNOT SAY IT FOR FEAR OF A WARNING) .... but you know exactly what I am talking about and there is no arguing that Jesus, the incarnate Godhead, entered our world and showed us exactly who God is..... and until you understand that ... that my friend and brother is of the highest disrespect I can think of.

• Love

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You disrespect the ( EXPLETIVE... I CANNOT SAY IT FOR FEAR OF A WARNING)
To quo que. Can’t disrespect what does not exist - no matter how much you pump it up with faux outrage.

Getting back to the OP; the KJV is obsolete and now the worst English translation available, especially since we don’t talk that way anymore.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We rebuke each other. Your stubbornness in pretending John 1 is the only place is Scripture that tells us who Jesus is can be seen by anyone reading this thread.

If you were humble, all you'd have to do is admit from the start, that of course there are many places in Scripture that tell us who Jesus is. But nooooo! You double down on foolishness. So, I shake the dust from your thread from my feet.