The Law

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 3:21
Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

If the law could have given life there would be no need for a cross. In other words if the law could have crucified the old sin-nature, there would be no need for a cross.
If the law could have saved humanity out of their sin, there would be no need for a cross. The only change for mankind comes at the cross, there is no other deliverence provided whereby man can live. The Apostle Paul would say! and that life is Christ. There is no other life, you cannot find a life other than the Christ-life in scripture. That life as a born again Christian has become your only life. There is death-life and Christ-life, first Adam-last Adam. There is only one life for the born again.

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

It is your mind that tells you who you are, if you do not know Christ as life, you will live from the residue of the old man syndrome. As a born again Christian it will be a miserable life to try to live up to what you already are, and the enemy of your soul will be an ever present help for distraction from who you really are.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, a changed life is a changed mind. Ephesians 4:23 "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Ephesians 4:24 "And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

one cannot put on what one don't know. Ephesians 1:17 "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

the old saying is true.... "free your mind your .... ?? ? .. will follow.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen and soul man

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

If the law could have given life there would be no need for a cross. In other words if the law could have crucified the old sin-nature, there would be no need for a cross.
If the law could have saved humanity out of their sin, there would be no need for a cross. The only change for mankind comes at the cross, there is no other deliverence provided whereby man can live. The Apostle Paul would say! and that life is Christ. There is no other life, you cannot find a life other than the Christ-life in scripture. That life as a born again Christian has become your only life. There is death-life and Christ-life, first Adam-last Adam. There is only one life for the born again.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

It is your mind that tells you who you are, if you do not know Christ as life, you will live from the residue of the old man syndrome. As a born again Christian it will be a miserable life to try to live up to what you already are, and the enemy of your soul will be an ever present help for distraction from who you really are.

When Paul mentions the works of the law he means Judaism....or any religious dogmatic system that has no life in it. Take modern Christianity...it too has become a dead religious form. People prefer dead forms that seem to give a semblance of security to a living truth that they can't get a handle on.

Reactions: Helen and soul man

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Paul mentions the works of the law he means Judaism....or any religious dogmatic system that has no life in it. Take modern Christianity...it too has become a dead religious form. People prefer dead forms that seem to give a semblance of security to a living truth that they can't get a handle on.
this is true, 1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine".

now if on finds oneself in those things, go to JESUS, for his work on the cross blotted all those things for us. as said not our righteousness but his.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Helen

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP, a changed life is a changed mind. Ephesians 4:23 "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Ephesians 4:24 "And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

one cannot put on what one don't know. Ephesians 1:17 "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

the old saying is true.... "free your mind your .... ?? ? .. will follow.

PICJAG.

Christ in you is life, that is spirit, the renewing of the mind to Christ who is life is an understanding! He that has the Son, has life. Life does not come from an understanding, it comes from being born again

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

I gave you a like by accepting your premises temporarily, but at the same time I would say that the day one comes to believe that they are already saved and born-again, and begins testifying of themselves in this way, they are dead

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Christ in you is life, that is spirit, the renewing of the mind to Christ who is life is an understanding! He that has the Son, has life. Life does not come from an understanding, it comes from being born again
See the words I cannot disagree with, however we have an accepted formula for this "born again" that now allows that many will find it, yes? So iow someone who does not know any better yet might read your post and then go seek this "born again" somewhere, and might certainly find it, too. Might easily be led into a poor understanding iow? Come to believe--usually that same day I guess--that they might go up to heaven, tomorrow, might become immortal, might see the kingdom manifest with two eyes, etcetc

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See the words I cannot disagree with, however we have an accepted formula for this "born again" that now allows that many will find it, yes? So iow someone who does not know any better yet might read your post and then go seek this "born again" somewhere, and might certainly find it, too. Might easily be led into a poor understanding iow? Come to believe--usually that same day I guess--that they might go up to heaven, tomorrow, might become immortal, might see the kingdom manifest with two eyes, etcetc
Yep no better quote! Jesus said "you must be born again. Another's salvation cannot be judged, only the Lord knows. Christianity has always placed themselves as the "high sheriff of heaven" quite laughable to say the least. Wonder how many were born again during the dark ages, see the point.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply, second I have never see a new born walking from it mother womb. the new birth is not in the body, but in the mind.
Matthew 11:29 "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

John 6:63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. Ephesians 4:23 "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

PICJAG

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply, second I have never see a new born walking from it mother womb. the new birth is not in the body, but in the mind.

Thank you for the commenting, I enjoy a sound conversation. The birthing takes place in spirit, John 3:3 and other verses when Jesus is talking to Nicodemus. Mind renewal, is the metamorphosis, if you, will of the mind comes into the knowledge of what happened in the new birth. The moment you believed! a birthing took place in spirit, mind renewal is a continuous process throughout a believer's life. A babe cannot walk out of the womb, but regardless a birthing took place or you have no babe. The understanding and the out working, the living of that life is a different story, but again a birth happened. Dividing soul and spirit as well as rightly dividing the scriptures is the key for Christian understanding, with due respect the verses you quote have to do with mind renewal. The birthing is instantaneous, 1Cor. 6:17,
But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
Col. 2:10,
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
1 John 5:12,
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for the commenting, I enjoy a sound conversation. The birthing takes place in spirit, John 3:3 and other verses when Jesus is talking to Nicodemus. Mind renewal, is the metamorphosis, if you, will of the mind comes into the knowledge of what happened in the new birth. The moment you believed! a birthing took place in spirit, mind renewal is a continuous process throughout a believer's life. A babe cannot walk out of the womb, but regardless a birthing took place or you have no babe. The understanding and the out working, the living of that life is a different story, but again a birth happened. Dividing soul and spirit as well as rightly dividing the scriptures is the key for Christian understanding, with due respect the verses you quote have to do with mind renewal. The birthing is instantaneous, 1Cor. 6:17,
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
Thanks for the discussion. there are some babies dead at birth.

passing that, survial is the necessity.

PICJAG.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
nice, I would at least contemplate the still-borns here in the same way Scripture does, for contrast if nothing else

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the discussion. there are some babies dead at birth.

passing that, survial is the necessity.

PICJAG.

That is true in the natural, but not the spiritual. The life being expressed can look exactly like the old man at times but that takes us back into the renewing of the mind. I agree the fruit of the Spirit should be a normal life for a Christian, of coarse it will not be expressed perfect all the time, but that is a mind issue not spirit. We were made perfect in spirit the moment we believed, soul is the organ of expression, the one and only unique you, Christ will come out of a believer as they were created. It is the only way He can come out of you, He cannot come out of you as Jesus of Nazareth, you are not Jesus, you are you. The importance of mind renewal cannot be stressed enough. Without mind renewal there really is not much expression of Christ in you the hope of glory, and that is what is judged in Christianity! Expression

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true in the natural, but not the spiritual. The life being expressed can look exactly like the old man at times but that takes us back into the renewing of the mind. I agree the fruit of the Spirit should be a normal life for a Christian, of coarse it will not be expressed perfect all the time, but that is a mind issue not spirit. We were made perfect in spirit the moment we believed, soul is the organ of expression, the one and only unique you, Christ will come out of a believer as they were created. It is the only way He can come out of you, He cannot come out of you as Jesus of Nazareth, you are not Jesus, you are you. The importance of mind renewal cannot be stressed enough. Without mind renewal there really is not much expression of Christ in you the hope of glory, and that is what is judged in Christianity! Expression
first thanks for the reply, second, John 15:1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
John 15:2 "Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit".

hold it "IN ME?", lets see something, 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new". are you saying that being in christ is the new BIRTH?

if you bare no fruit he take away. we're save by "HOPE".

PICJAG.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, John 15:1 "I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
John 15:2 "Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit".

hold it "IN ME?", lets see something, 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new". are you saying that being in christ is the new BIRTH?

if you bare no fruit he take away. we're save by "HOPE".

PICJAG.
Yes I believe a new birth occurred the moment you believed. Let me ask you something, how do you say we get "in Christ" and am I reading you right! You see a new birth come from mind transformation?

J. Magee

Apr 9, 2019
Northeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The christian life isn't easy by any stretch. When you believe you now have an enemy. Then there is a struggle with the old man.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:2 "Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit

You understand when Jesus walked in this earth full of Grace and Truth, Grace as a message could not come about untill the after the cross. For a New Testament to come into effect, there first had to be a death of a testator. When they tryed to snare Jesus his reply was " what does Moses law say." Jesus when he walked the earth, as well as all Isreal were under law untill the cross, there was no New Testiment of grace as of yet

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The christian life isn't easy by any stretch. When you believe you now have an enemy. Then there is a struggle with the old man.

Not the old man.....the natural carnal man.

The old man is the person you were....without the Spirit. But there is a new battle within yourself with the natural man until you go to the cross of Christ to receive the grace that crucifies all that impedes the new man which is Christ in you from rising up.

A. W. Tozer put it like this...

In you there is a cross and a throne. If you are on the throne then Jesus is still on the cross. If you get on the cross then Jesus can be seated on the throne....of your heart.

Reactions: brakelite

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I believe a new birth occurred the moment you believed. Let me ask you something, how do you say we get "in Christ" and am I reading you right! You see a new birth come from mind transformation?
one must die to self, and we don't die easy... (smile). scripture, Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

PICJAG.