The laws and ordinances were nailed to the Cross?a

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Law was nailed to the cross of Christ.

“having canceled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands; this he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the principalities and powers and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in him.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2‬:‭14‬-‭15‬ ‭RSV‬‬

What is this Law being talked about? It is the Law of Moses which was given on mount Sinai.

This is a great thing to know that we are not governed by the Laws of the Old Covenant which Jesus fulfilled for you on your behalf.

That also means there is no more accuser, which was Satan at one point in time when the Law was established Satans could accuse you before God.

Now today Satan has been done away with according to the Bible;

“and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulphur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Then I saw a great white throne and him who sat upon it; from his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, by what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire; and if any one's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20‬:‭10‬-‭15‬ ‭RSV‬‬

Satan as an accuser is no more due to his defeat but not only because of this but because of the Law being done away with.

This is truly good news. There are only two commandments a Christian is given to live by you may disagree with it but it’s the only two that remain if you are a person in Christ.

With the old laws being done away with Jesus said this to the person who wanted to know what the greatest commandments were.

“But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they came together. And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question, to test him. “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22‬:‭34‬-‭40‬ ‭RSV‬‬

Gentiles were never given any Laws pertaining to Israel, so it’s good to remember that because of everything Jesus had done for you, it is to seek out God in love by the spirit and to love your neighbor as yourself…

No matter what they believe, or how they may live their own life.

Agape love is the way, not fighting and bickering and arguing.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“having canceled the bond which stood against us with its legal demands; this he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the principalities and powers and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in him.”

What is this Law being talked about? It is the Law of Moses which was given on mount Sinai.

This is a great thing to know that we are not governed by the Laws of the Old Covenant which Jesus fulfilled for you on your behalf.

That also means there is no more accuser, which was Satan at one point in time when the Law was established Satans could accuse you before God.

“and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulphur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Then I saw a great white throne and him who sat upon it; from his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, by what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead in them, and all were judged by what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire; and if any one's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.”

Satan as an accuser is no more due to his defeat but not only because of this but because of the Law being done away with.

This is truly good news. There are only two commandments a Christian is given to live by you may disagree with it but it’s the only two that remain if you are a person in Christ.

With the old laws being done away with Jesus said this to the person who wanted to know what the greatest commandments were.

“But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they came together. And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question, to test him. “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the law and the prophets.””

Gentiles were never given any Laws pertaining to Israel, so it’s good to remember that because of everything Jesus had done for you, it is to seek out God in love by the spirit and to love your neighbor as yourself…

Of course some of those laws are still in effect, the ones that were carried over to Christians Matt. An example is that although many faiths say the tithing law is still in effect (wonder why?) it is not, Christians are to give what they vow sir 2 Cor 9:6,7

One I truly appreciate is the Sabbath, I don't know anyone who observes it, but some claim to. It was a death dealing sin, and I would have had to be executed years ago. I have been disfellowshipped for apostasy, which too is a death sin under the law. My brothers would have executed me as well. Truly the law of the Christ is infinitely superior to the tutor that led to the Christ Matt. Good post sir.

• Wow
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thankful for what all the Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled indeed Robert.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ brought the law under his subjection by hanging as an accursed on a tree in our stead however BEWARE Satan has NOT been bound as yet but rather is as Peter states.Screenshot_20221202-161711~2.png

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most people believe Satan is still running around today, I don’t mind what people believe however when it comes to the perspective that is had with Jesus and his victory over all things that also means Satan has been placed beneath the feet of Jesus and thrown in the lake of fire

I don’t hate people or have anything against anyone who still does believe that Satan is still around as they have freedom in Christ. If they wanna pray for protection against the devil, and what not; I can’t judge.

It’s just great to know the freedom found in Christ and his Total victory which most people do not believe is the case as… look at the world. We as human beings are the ones making our choices in what one does with their lives, be it riots, being bigotry against other people, whatever malicious or maglining way a person decides to be by their own merit.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ppl can believe whatever they choose but the TRUTH is in God's word.
Whether any believe it or not........what God has preserved as scripture for us is what he says is true and it is where we must stand!

Remember let every man be a liar but God be true.

Be individual before God for we all will face judgment without the preacher, teacher, pope, priest, our parents, our children, our friends or our church organizations! ♥️

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d I’m not trying to argue with anyone if like you said the word of God is true then the devil has been defeated according to the revelation my friend. That is all, hope you and your family are well sister in Christ. Love to you and them. Keep praying and looking to our Father in heaven in faith of the death, burial, and resurrection.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live under grace, Matthew and the leading of the Holy Ghost so I do not have to live in my own merit.

I trust that he will be my guide, comforter and teacher. Bearing his fruit through us we cannot maliciously malign another!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelations or some of it are for future times, dear one.
The word must be rightly divided in content as we study.

Thank you and blessings to you and your loved ones also.
May you ever be open to his Spirit and yield to his leading.

• Wow

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think the law was given for our benefit. There are certain things we can do that will bring trouble into our lives. Therefore, the Lord instructed us not to do them.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the law was given for our benefit. There are certain things we can do that will bring trouble into our lives. Therefore, the Lord instructed us not to do them.
Does he really, bob? Like what?

I guess in a sense you’re right, the Law convicts people of sin, as does the Holy Spirit convicts people of sinning, and it can cause a problem in your life. The thing is our flesh always misses the mark, unlike the flesh of Jesus. Which was perfect and paid the price of sin, and because of looking towards Him, in faith for his work on the cross.

A person becomes made right with God, even though their flesh does tend to sin and miss the mark. They are made right with God because of Christ and they are given the Holy Spirit to their heart and now they have also the Spirit of Christ that comes into live within-in their soul (mind, emotion, will).

All people have had the price of sin paid for them by the blood of Christ, and if they look to him, and his death, burial, and resurrection they become a new person in Christ, born again by the spirit.

Now they have the ability to go and talk to God about the things in their life, accepting their faults, and trusting and relying on Jesus Christ to help them, by and through the now indwelling spirit that is from Christ, and from God himself.

So that they can die to the flesh, with Christ on the cross. And choose to bury their old life they once lived. And be raised again with Christ into a new life which is built in faith in Jesus Christ who is the Lord that is the answer to have peace with God even though people have, do, and will tend to miss the make in their flesh.

This is why it is so important like you said @Bob Estey which is to look toward the Lord and listen to what he taught, but also the revelation that comes from the apostles, too.

Which always seems to lead to having faith in Christ Jesus and have Love for God first, and Loving your neighbor as yourself second. Which is what the Lord Jesus said was the two greatest commandments.

Though some people may believe they only need Jesus and what he said, and not what the apostles said at all.

Would you say that is why you say that or is there a different reason all together, @Bob Estey?

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does he really, bob? Like what?

I guess in a sense you’re right, the Law convicts people of sin, as does the Holy Spirit convicts people of sinning, and it can cause a problem in your life. The thing is our flesh always misses the mark, unlike the flesh of Jesus. Which was perfect and paid the price of sin, and because of looking towards Him, in faith for his work on the cross.

A person becomes made right with God, even though their flesh does tend to sin and miss the mark. They are made right with God because of Christ and they are given the Holy Spirit to their heart and now they have also the Spirit of Christ that comes into live within-in their soul (mind, emotion, will).

All people have had the price of sin paid for them by the blood of Christ, and if they look to him, and his death, burial, and resurrection they become a new person in Christ, born again by the spirit.

Now they have the ability to go and talk to God about the things in their life, accepting their faults, and trusting and relying on Jesus Christ to help them, by and through the now indwelling spirit that is from Christ, and from God himself.

So that they can die to the flesh, with Christ on the cross. And choose to bury their old life they once lived. And be raised again with Christ into a new life which is built in faith in Jesus Christ who is the Lord that is the answer to have peace with God even though people have, do, and will tend to miss the make in their flesh.

This is why it is so important like you said @Bob Estey which is to look toward the Lord and listen to what he taught, but also the revelation that comes from the apostles, too.

Which always seems to lead to having faith in Christ Jesus and have Love for God first, and Loving your neighbor as yourself second. Which is what the Lord Jesus said was the two greatest commandments.

Though some people may believe they only need Jesus and what he said, and not what the apostles said at all.

Would you say that is why you say that or is there a different reason all together, @Bob Estey?

Thank you for reading.
For example, if you rob a bank, chances are you'll go to prison for a long time. Therefore, the Lord commanded us not to steal.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are surely right about that, @Bob Estey.

It’s a good thing though, people who have done horribly things have been forgiven the thing they have choose is turn towards the Lord Yeshua and believe on his death,burial, and resurrection.

Amen?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So
Many people have chosen to do horrible things,

Murder, have sex with children, steal, murder by speaking bad about others, gossiping, bearing false witness, all sorts of the things the Bible says that can not inherit the kingdom of God.

“So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don’t get tied up again in slavery to the law. Listen! I, Paul, tell you this: If you are counting on circumcision to make you right with God, then Christ will be of no benefit to you. I’ll say it again. If you are trying to find favor with God by being circumcised, you must obey every regulation in the whole law of Moses. For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace. But we who live by the Spirit eagerly wait to receive by faith the righteousness God has promised to us. For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, there is no benefit in being circumcised or being uncircumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love. You were running the race so well. Who has held you back from following the truth? It certainly isn’t God, for he is the one who called you to freedom. This false teaching is like a little yeast that spreads through the whole batch of dough! I am trusting the Lord to keep you from believing false teachings. God will judge that person, whoever he is, who has been confusing you. Dear brothers and sisters, if I were still preaching that you must be circumcised—as some say I do—why am I still being persecuted? If I were no longer preaching salvation through the cross of Christ, no one would be offended. I just wish that those troublemakers who want to mutilate you by circumcision would mutilate themselves. For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you are always biting and devouring one another, watch out! Beware of destroying one another. So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. But when you are directed by the Spirit, you are not under obligation to the law of Moses. When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God. But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives. Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭26‬ ‭NLT‬‬

• Love

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it’s because of the Lord Jesus Christ and renewing the mind, becoming a reborn again Christian because of the Holy Spirit that is given from God through the one, who died, was buried and raised again gives newness of life by the spirit!

And the old man, the old life of the person who use to wanna crave to do things is put to death?

Though they May struggle from time to time which happens to everyone. Cause none of us will glory in the flesh in front of God; and why the spirit is so needed in the Christian’s life.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing wrong with seeking God and seeking to live in faith, and seeking to live by the spirit @Bob Estey so amen to what you may be really trying to say friend take care.