The Little Book in Rev. 10

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
OK...so I copied this post from another thread (dialectic) to continue with this important subject..

The Little Book:

This could be a thread in and of itself. But the chapter is so important to understand why we need to remain in the whole counsel of God.

Revelation 10

"1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
2 And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,"

The mighty angel is said to be standing astride both land and sea. This speaks of the proper balance between what is known and what is unknown...or order and chaos. In the Hebrew mindset the sea, or water means chaos. We can't see within the sea so it is the unknown. We are land creatures so then the land is known.

"3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
4 And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:"

We have been given time to get things straight. But many people will resist the truth till the end.

"7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound
, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets."

The mystery of God is hidden from they who have not sought Him diligently. These will be fooled into an ideology that is one-sided...according to what is known and familiar...thereby leaving the mystery of God untouched. For these....He remains the unknown God...as in...depart, I never knew you.

God has set His trap and sent strong delusion that men who aren't careful may believe a lie. And these will not repent no matter how strongly you try to make them understand.

"8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings."

The small book is the shortened gospel that contains only the "sweet" parts that religious self-interest has any desire for. The book is small because there are so few verses that are agreed upon by these. Anything that sounds bitter will have been discarded. So their bible is indeed much smaller than the whole counsel of God. They take the sweet and discard the bitter as being for other people.

If we don't take the bitter with the sweet now...then we will experience the bitter in eternity.

Reactions: faithfulness

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Hebrew mindset the sea, or water means chaos.

So that's what the Waters were...

Genesis 1:2
"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters"

Planet Earth didn't even exist at that point. Neither did our Universe.

Just Chaos... and then eventually... Order.

full

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So that's what the Waters were...

Genesis 1:2
"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters"

Planet Earth didn't even exist at that point. Neither did our Universe.

Just Chaos... and then eventually... Order.

full

Great! That's exactly where I was going with this. :)

Reactions: Base12

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How was there a place of chaos? Where did it come from? How did it come to be that this place of chaos and darkness existed?

I think God created the universe in a way that it functions without His presence. But things naturally are very random and ...chaotic. But God brings order to the chaos through His Spirit. He brings order by making it possible for life to be sustained. And behind it all is a divine order....that is hidden from men.

Look at how the rest of the universe is a very hostile place for life. And compare that with the Earth. So then God made a place to have just the right amounts of things and in the proper balance to sustain all the life that is here.

So the universe has a certain order...but really it is chaotic for life. Things colliding with other things...black holes, supernovas and freezing temperatures.

It is surprising to me that people want to go to live on Mars...like really? :)

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a theory (and this came from doing a word by word study) that this was a much worse place than the English words convey. I think maybe it was the desolate place the Hebrew words convey because it was created by God/the Light turning away from someone(s). God did say: I create darkness. But how does a Light so bright create darkness other than by actively removing It/Himself from someone's presence? He is light and there is no darkness in Him. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For instance, "darkness" is before the sun and moon, and the word in Hebrew for that first "darkness" could render as " a twist away of the light."

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.

Ezekiel also ate a little book...

Ezekiel 3:3
"And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness"

The Little Book made his forehead like a Diamond...

Ezekiel 3:9 Christian Standard Bible
I have made your forehead like a diamond, harder than flint. Don't be afraid of them or discouraged by the look on their faces, though they are a rebellious house"

A Diamond is Carbon...

6 Neutrons
6 Protons
6 Electrons

By eating the Little Book, Ezekiel ended up with 666 on his forehead in order to match the 'Rebellious House'...

full

It left him bitter...

Ezekiel 3:14
"So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me"

It may be that the Little Book has Prophecies and Revelations that are specific to the Mark of the Beast.

Then there are verses like this...

Job 20:12
"Though wickedness be sweet in his mouth, though he hide it under his tongue"

It makes me wonder if the Mark of the Beast will be something we eat in order to receive it.

:eek:

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For instance, "darkness" is before the sun and moon, and the word in Hebrew for that first "darkness" could render as " a twist away of the light."
Darkness is the opposite of Wisdom and Light.

It is ignorance basically...

John 1:5
"And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not"

Job compares Darkness to a 'Shadow'...

Job 10:22
"A land of darkness, as darkness itself; and of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness"

A Shadow is a Two Dimensional Plane.

Notice the verse says 'without any order'. That would be Chaos.

Thus, in the beginning, the so called 'Waters' was a Two Dimensional Plane that had 'no order'.

This is also called the Underworld, the Abyss and the Bottomless Pit.

Note that a Two Dimensional Plane has no up or down direction, thus it is bottomless...

full

God hadn't made 3D yet. It was the world of the Flatlanders...

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus, in the beginning, the so called 'Waters' was a Two Dimensional Plane that had 'no order'.

This is also called the Underworld, the Abyss and the Bottomless Pit.
Perhaps a simpler way of putting it is...

Genesis 1:1 (Base 12 Interpretation)
"In the beginning God created Heaven and Hell"

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps a simpler way of putting it is...

Genesis 1:1 (Base 12 Interpretation)
"In the beginning God created Heaven and Hell"

The original Hebrew words could almost seem that way, honestly, but I just got from my study that there was a place where God was not. My mind could not conceive of that thought because God created everything, and so why was there a place of darkness. A howling, pissing waste, as some of the definition could be rendered.

The only thing my mind could wrap around is that He creates darkness(and He does say He creates darkness) in a negative manner, by removing someone from Himself/casting someone from His presence/putting them away from the light.

It's interesting to note the times in the beginning of Genesis where it does NOT say: and God saw that it was good. It is in the separations that it does not say this.

The very first verse is a separation, almost like saying God created A separation between the place where He was and the place where He was not. The following words support this being a place where He was not. The definitions are bleak.

Then, there is the separation of the light from the darkness, where it also does not say God saw this separation was good. This light and darkness do not have to do with the sun and the moon, which were not created yet. Per the definitions, it could render like this: and the light He called: glorious, everlasting, and the darkness He called: a twist away of the light.

The other separation that is conspicuously not followed by: and He saw that it was good, is the waters above from the waters below.

So the feeling you get is that God does not like these separations and doesn't see them as good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Base12 and ScottA

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Base, I'm in a bit of wonderment at your two dimensional abyss. It's really got my mind revving. I don't know if I can catch any of these thoughts racing around so fast...one dimension - God and His creation, 2nd dimension - out of His presence, 3rd dimension - a place where both of the previous two dimensions are, simultaneously.

For an artist, its interesting because...the only thing that makes an object 3 dimensional is light And darkness. If an artist wants to portray an apple, they do not draw a round circle and say its an Apple. They draw light and shadow/darkness. If one of these elements of light or darkness is gone, you cannot render a three dimensional Apple. You simply draw the effects of the light and the effects of where the light does not hit. Not quite that simple because you are also portraying even bounce back light from objects around the apple, like the light bounced off the table the apple is on. But the point is, without portraying the shadow/place the light is not hitting, you will only have a circle, rather than a sphere.

Running on here, but...the third dimension is BOTH light and darkness.

1st dimension - only light.
2nd dimension - only darkness.
3rd dimension - both light and darkness.

Reactions: Base12 and Nancy

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
probably going to have to stop here soon or I'll give my brain an infarction, but...demons have no body, no form, they are one dimensional, because...they are only darkness and light cannot reflect from off of them. If no light hits an object, it has no form.

The beings ezekiel spoke of do not turn! They have no part of their 4 faces and sides in darkness at any time...amazing...I can't quite grasp it...they don't turn away from the light ever...

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A mixed bag of responses here...from the interesting to the bizarre. :)

But I think less speculation and imagination are needed...and more prophetic insight! The hardened forehead is a good thing...nothing to do with the mark of the beast...and this is in order to stand up to they who are stubborn and hard-hearted.

So then let's be very careful when trying to determine what is good and what is evil. More on Ez. 3 later.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Before going to Ez. 3 and the megilat-sefer (the book-scroll) I'd like to compare two passages regarding chaos and the Spirit. Let's start at the beginning...

1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; (CHAOS) and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God (divine order) moved upon the face of the waters. (natural chaos)
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

If we can compare the above to this...

Jeremiah 4:
22 "For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; (chaos) and the heavens, and they had no light."

Here we can compare how things are without the Spirit of God working a divine order into the chaos. The people have not known God...but proceeded to act from themselves. Without the Spirit of God getting involved there is NO light. No divine order....just the control of men. So then among these (us), darkness remains upon the face of the deep. God remains essentially unknown today as then. It is our perpetual condition to miss God's will. And this is for MY people, says the Lord. And that is us! The condition of the modern church is well described here.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Now Rev. 10 is not a stand alone prophecy. The root of it goes back to the OT...as all prophetic statements should. So we have a much better appreciation of things when we get both perspectives out of treasures both old and new. :)

So we begin Ez. 3 with this statement...
v-1 "Eat this scroll" אֱכוֹל אֶת-הַמְּגִלָּה הַזֹּאת

v-3 "and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness" וַתְּהִי בְּפִי כִּדְבַשׁ לְמָתוֹק.
v-4 "And speak with MY words unto them" וְדִבַּרְתָּ בִדְבָרַי, אֲלֵיהֶם
v-10 "all the words I shall speak to you" אֶת-כָּל-דְּבָרַי אֲשֶׁר אֲדַבֵּר אֵלֶיךָ

God gives us His words...and we are to be faithful to heed ALL of them. They are HIS words. But we tend to only eat that which is sweet. We make the gospel feel good for ourselves....cherry-picking the verses that seem to favour us.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before going to Ez. 3 and the megilat-sefer (the book-scroll) I'd like to compare two passages regarding chaos and the Spirit. Let's start at the beginning...

1 "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; (CHAOS) and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God (divine order) moved upon the face of the waters. (natural chaos)
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light."

If we can compare the above to this...

Jeremiah 4:
22 "For my people is foolish, they have not known me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.

23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; (chaos) and the heavens, and they had no light."

Here we can compare how things are without the Spirit of God working a divine order into the chaos. The people have not known God...but proceeded to act from themselves. Without the Spirit of God getting involved there is NO light. No divine order....just the control of men. So then among these (us), darkness remains upon the face of the deep. God remains essentially unknown today as then. It is our perpetual condition to miss God's will. And this is for MY people, says the Lord. And that is us! The condition of the modern church is well described here.

What do you mean when you say "natural chaos?"

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you mean when you say "natural chaos?"

I see natural chaos as when the divine order is hidden. Like why doesn't the earth spin out of control? Divine order! But no scientist can figure out why. And that's because we ...besides being very limited...need to just trust God from the "unknown" (the part that handles the "chaos") part of our brains.

So then the natural chaos is nature...how things happen naturally. Yet there is a divine order to it...when you zoom out.

In the church we need divine order...an order that is visible. Otherwise we get the natural chaos stored up in the natural man.

Reactions: faithfulness