The Living Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. - John 6:63.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes - it is so important to understand that the Lord is real and we can hear from Him, via His Holy Spirit.

Now the Holy Spirit speaks, but He does not speak of His own initiative. He in fact takes the words of God which belong to Jesus Christ, and kind of like a living telephone line, He hooks us up with our Lord Jesus Christ.

Jn 16:13,14 “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come. “He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and will disclose it to you.

In this way the Holy Spirit always glorifies the Son and always tells us that Jesus Christ is Lord, and also the Spirit tells us that Jesus Christ is alive!

So the living word of God is Jesus Christ, according to the words and actions of the Holy Spirit!

That is also why we read in the verse in the OP

the words that I speak unto you

Remember that Jesus Christ is saying those words, so the word from the Holy Spirit are indeed the words that He (Jesus Christ) speaks to us!! Again the Holy Spirit acts kind of like a living telephone line. And if we are talking on the phone we don't say the phone is talking to us, but rather we say the person on the other end of the line is talking to us.

So, we might write something like "I was in the Spirit" but we don't often write "The Holy Spirit told me", but rather "Jesus Christ told me", and that through the Holy Spirit. So the living Word of God is Jesus Christ. Jesus is alive!! Jesus Christ gets the glorify, and that by the will and actions of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit always glorifies the Son, and that by not speaking of His own but instead speaking the words of the Son to us.

A really good example of this is found in Revelation. We find that in Revelation each of the seven churches got the message to hear what the Holy Spirit says: "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’"

And we also read the John was taken up in the Spirit: "Immediately I was [fn]in the Spirit; and behold, a throne was standing in heaven, and One sitting on the throne. (Rev 4:2)

Yet try to find a single quote or thing actually said that is attributed to the Holy Spirit? Good luck with that - because all those things are coming though the Holy Spirit, but none are the Holy Spirit saying this or that! The Holy Spirt just connects us to what is happening, and that to glorify the Son, Jesus Christ, whose name is called "The Word of God".

REv 4:2

Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne was standing in heaven, and One sitting on the throne.

Rev 19:12-14His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself. He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.

Reactions: Nancy and soul man