The Lord DOES Reward Us For Our Faithfulness = Ruth 2;12, II Samuel 22;21

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord DOES Reward Us For Our Faithfulness = Ruth 2;12, II Samuel 22;21

Ruth 2;12

The LORD recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the LORD God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust.

II Samuel 22;21

The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath He recompensed me.

Psalm 18:20

The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath He recompensed me.

Proverbs 13:13

Whoso despiseth the word shall be destroyed: but he that feareth the commandment shall be rewarded.

Isaiah 52:12

For ye shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rereward.

Isaiah 62:11

Behold, the LORD hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him.

Matthew 5:12

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Matthew 6:3-4, 6

But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Matthew 16:26-27

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of man shall come in the glory of His Father with his angels; and then He shall reward every man according to his works.

Luke 6:22-23

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy. For, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

AMEN

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are rewarded eternal life for our faithfulness, in fact if we don't have holiness (a life of devotion to God), we won't go to heaven (Heb 12:14). I'm not saying our works get us saved, they don't (see Ephesians 2:8-10).
We are also rewarded here on earth also. For example God gives his saved strength and peace (Psalms 29:11). Other verses also say that he gives us hope, joy, wisdom and other attributes during our time here on earth.
Adversely, if a child of God is out of line, he will chastise them (Heb-12:6).

Personally I believe that God's blessings and chastisements generally applies to the non-saved as well. Looking at mankind it seems clear that when a person acts moral, kind, and obeys the laws of society they generally have a content life here even if they don't walk with God. Likewise if a person is immoral, cruel, a lawbreaker they live in discontentment here.

Reactions: MatthewG