The LORD Quickens The Believers = Psalm 71;20, John 5;21, Romans 8;11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psalm 71;20
Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

Psalm 119;25
My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.

Psalm 119;40
Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness.

Psalm 143;11
Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name’s sake: for thy righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.

John 5;21-22
For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom He will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son;

Romans 4;17
As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations, before Him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Romans 8;11
But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I Corinthians 15;45-47
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from Heaven.

Ephesians 2;4-8
But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by grace ye are saved; And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus; That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by Grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God;

Colossians 2;13-15
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

I Peter 3;18-19
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit; By which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

AMEN

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Psalm 71;20
Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

Psalm 119;25

Psalm 119;40

Psalm 143;11
Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name’s sake: for thy righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble.

John 5;21-22
For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom He will. For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son;

Romans 4;17
As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations, before Him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Romans 8;11
But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I Corinthians 15;45-47
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from Heaven.

Ephesians 2;4-8
But God, who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by grace ye are saved; And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus; That in the ages to come He might shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. For by Grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God;

Colossians 2;13-15
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath He quickened together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, He made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

I Peter 3;18-19
For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit; By which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

AMEN

Nice that you know what quicken means in old English maam, I doubt many would know what it means. Did you realize that he will resurrect even unbelievers? Acts 24:15

Reactions: dev553344

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice that you know what quicken means in old English maam, I doubt many would know what it means. Did you realize that he will resurrect even unbelievers? Acts 24:15
Are the unjust necessarily also unbelievers?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are the unjust necessarily also unbelievers?

We believe the wheat and the weeds, the sheep and the goats, are still being grown together Amad. We believe the judging of such has not yet occurred, in other words the harvest time is not yet. We do believe that we are in the last days however, which means that we are in the time period from the time Jesus was enthroned as king, until his return. The Bible refers to them as the last days, which will not exceed one generation in time.

Most agree that Jesus can come anytime, in other words soon Amad. So most faiths that claim to be Christian believe we are deep into the last day period. While we believe the separation has not yet occurred yet of the sheep and goats, we do believe from the prophecy found at Isa 2:2-4 that the sheep are being gathered at this time. When the outbreak of the tribulation happens, the separation will occur for the harvest upon Jesus' return for the battle to remove the weeds/goats sir.

Unbelievers are simply that, although many have knowledge of, in reality they at this time do not know God either through chosen ignorance, or actually not given the opportunity to know Him. Over the millenniums of time many have never even heard of Jehovah, as you might well understand. There are many today who are still isolated a great deal from society, in fact since the world has not ended we know that many are left who have not been reached, at least to God's satisfaction Mat 24:14. So not all unbelievers are what I would call unrighteous or unjust, although they actually are but only because of not having the opportunity to come to know God.

Are you aware that the only ones who will not be resurrected are those who sin against the holy spirit Amad? The vast majority of humans will be resurrected sir.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We believe the wheat and the weeds, the sheep and the goats, are still being grown together Amad. We believe the judging of such has not yet occurred, in other words the harvest time is not yet. We do believe that we are in the last days however, which means that we are in the time period from the time Jesus was enthroned as king, until his return. The Bible refers to them as the last days, which will not exceed one generation in time.

Most agree that Jesus can come anytime, in other words soon Amad. So most faiths that claim to be Christian believe we are deep into the last day period. While we believe the separation has not yet occurred yet of the sheep and goats, we do believe from the prophecy found at Isa 2:2-4 that the sheep are being gathered at this time. When the outbreak of the tribulation happens, the separation will occur for the harvest upon Jesus' return for the battle to remove the weeds/goats sir.

Unbelievers are simply that, although many have knowledge of, in reality they at this time do not know God either through chosen ignorance, or actually not given the opportunity to know Him. Over the millenniums of time many have never even heard of Jehovah, as you might well understand. There are many today who are still isolated a great deal from society, in fact since the world has not ended we know that many are left who have not been reached, at least to God's satisfaction Mat 24:14. So not all unbelievers are what I would call unrighteous or unjust, although they actually are but only because of not having the opportunity to come to know God.

Are you aware that the only ones who will not be resurrected are those who sin against the holy spirit Amad? The vast majority of humans will be resurrected sir.
I will hold back on your final sentence. What do you believe about these verses:

"And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish." Psalm 1:3-6

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the quickening is the Holy Spirit of God. It brings life to the dying man and gives longer life to people.

1 Corinthians 15:45-47

King James Version

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will hold back on your final sentence. What do you believe about these verses:

"And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish." Psalm 1:3-6

I think it is pretty straightforward, don't you Amad? Taking in the first 2 verses as well shows how we can benefit right now from observing the law of Jehovah. We actually believe that all those destroyed, and I hope we are in error on this, but we believe they were judged, and executed sir, which means they won't be back in the resurrection. Same way in the upcoming battle of Armageddon, only the wicked will be removed, whereas the righteous will be preserved. Ps 37:9-11, 29

Again, I hope we are wrong about that.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it is pretty straightforward, don't you Amad? Taking in the first 2 verses as well shows how we can benefit right now from observing the law of Jehovah. We actually believe that all those destroyed, and I hope we are in error on this, but we believe they were judged, and executed sir, which means they won't be back in the resurrection. Same way in the upcoming battle of Armageddon, only the wicked will be removed, whereas the righteous will be preserved. Ps 37:9-11, 29

Again, I hope we are wrong about that.
I believe that any person who has died physically never having received Life from God is simply dead. The dead know nothing and have no need of judgement. They are dead. Being ignorant of other things you have mentioned I will not speak of them. I have my hope NOW brought by Jesus. What I will have in the end of my course here is dependent on what I do between now and then with God makes available. Once the dirt is shoveled over my face... one way or the other, it is finished. Follow the Light!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that any person who has died physically never having received Life from God is simply dead. The dead know nothing and have no need of judgement. They are dead. Being ignorant of other things you have mentioned I will not speak of them. I have my hope NOW brought by Jesus. What I will have in the end of my course here is dependent on what I do between now and then with God makes available. Once the dirt is shoveled over my face... one way or the other, it is finished. Follow the Light!

All life originates with God Amad, or not. I believe it does however. The only ones who have received the promised life everlasting that you call Life, are Jesus, and those of the first resurrection. Most of us are still dead in the grave awaiting a resurrection.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All life originates with God Amad, or not. I believe it does however. The only ones who have received the promised life everlasting that you call Life, are Jesus, and those of the first resurrection. Most of us are still dead in the grave awaiting a resurrection.
And then there is this:

"And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." Matt 8:21-22

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And then there is this:

"And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." Matt 8:21-22

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

I don't know how that goes along with the topic being discussed Amad, but it is ashamed that individual turned down the privilege of being an apostle, a direct invitation from Jesus himself. All of us have to realize that we have to give God first place in our lives. Jesus said point blank:
(Matthew 10:37) . . .Whoever has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and whoever has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know how that goes along with the topic being discussed Amad, but it is ashamed that individual turned down the privilege of being an apostle, a direct invitation from Jesus himself. All of us have to realize that we have to give God first place in our lives. Jesus said point blank:
(Matthew 10:37) . . .Whoever has greater affection for father or mother than for me is not worthy of me; and whoever has greater affection for son or daughter than for me is not worthy of me.
It did connect for me. Thanks for talking with me.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Psalm 71;20

Psalm 119;25

Psalm 119;40

Psalm 143;11

John 5;21-22

Romans 4;17

Romans 8;11

I Corinthians 15;45-47

Ephesians 2;4-8

Colossians 2;13-15

I Peter 3;18-19

AMEN
This is a great post.

Thank you for taking the time to put it together.

It also proves that unbelievers are not quickened, and do not get raised/resurrected.

Nice job. God bless.

Only Believers are Resurrected?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It did connect for me. Thanks for talking with me.

Of course Amad, I love talking with you sir. It is quite a rarity to be able to chat with other about your faith, most people don't like to talk about God, can you imagine that? It is really an identifier, a fruit so to speak, could you imagine Jesus not wanting to talk about God, or the apostles when the leaders of the faith told them not to speak about God Acts 5, notice what they said to them v29.

The truth is, if someone don't want to talk about God, then they definitely are not a Christian no matter what they claim.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course Amad, I love talking with you sir. It is quite a rarity to be able to chat with other about your faith, most people don't like to talk about God, can you imagine that? It is really an identifier, a fruit so to speak, could you imagine Jesus not wanting to talk about God, or the apostles when the leaders of the faith told them not to speak about God Acts 5, notice what they said to them v29.

The truth is, if someone don't want to talk about God, then they definitely are not a Christian no matter what they claim.
For many years I attended an assembly that had their Sunday meetings at 4:00P.M so often I would visit other churches in the morning. I was always looking for someone to talk to about God. It was a rare thing to find a person in any of them who simply enjoyed talking about the Bible and God.

In 1987 I met a brother who loved to talk about such things. We became close friends and met together frequently outside of church meetings. He was killed March 1, 2020, just before Covid-19 caused the suspension of so many activities, including church services. I have not attended any church meeting in person now for more than 2 years. I visit regularly with my old pastor [almost age 97] but I have never been as close and open with him as I was with the one who died. I guess there are some around who would like to discuss the things of God in person, but I don't know any close to home.

With our move [residence] behind us, I may try visiting a few places again soon...

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For many years I attended an assembly that had their Sunday meetings at 4:00P.M so often I would visit other churches in the morning. I was always looking for someone to talk to about God. It was a rare thing to find a person in any of them who simply enjoyed talking about the Bible and God.

In 1987 I met a brother who loved to talk about such things. We became close friends and met together frequently outside of church meetings. He was killed March 1, 2020, just before Covid-19 caused the suspension of so many activities, including church services. I have not attended any church meeting in person now for more than 2 years. I visit regularly with my old pastor [almost age 97] but I have never been as close and open with him as I was with the one who died. I guess there are some around who would like to discuss the things of God in person, but I don't know any close to home.

With our move [residence] behind us, I may try visiting a few places again soon...

I am so sorry for you loss Amad. What a joy it will be to welcome our dead loved ones back in the resurrection. What is comforting to me about death, to the individual that died, it will seem like an instant in time because the dead are conscious of nothing. I think Jesus defined it best when speaking about his friend Lazarus who died, comparing it to sleep.

Reactions: amadeus