The Lord's Discipline Fulfills His Purpose

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is on my heart today is something I never shared before.

When I first had an encounter with the Lord, he told me to give up on witchcraft and to trust him, I was led on a journey that would change my life.

I did not know there would be a battle. I fell under attack with delusions, false encounters, false signs, multiple false dreams, false signs, false hope, and went on my way filled with pride thinking I was fit to teach - and I was not. I went through concordances trying to figure out why I keep seeing this number and that one. I kept hearing, but it was not from the spirit.

I was worn out, exhausted, and felt defeated. I believed the Lord was giving up on me. I believed he was punishing me.

One day I decided I was going to teach. I was strongly rebuked. The man told me to stop what I was doing because it was occultic. And my position was from the standpoint of pride. I believed he could not possibly understand because I was in the right and the delusions I had seen.

Here was my greatest mistake: I took more confidence in signs than His sovereignty. I was living in sin and I had not fully given up on the flesh. I was not living by the spirit. I exalted in myself instead of exalting him. I was overcome with such a feeling of pride and power - let me explain this.

If you are operating by the flesh and involved in demonic work, the enemy will use a spirit of narcissism, delusions of grandeur, and a false feeling of power to control us and lead us astray from the will of God.

Here I thought I was some mighty warrior sent to change the world, and what did I actually look like? Nuts! Narcissistic, delusional, full of myself, craving attention, and crazy.

I didn't stand in obedience because I trusted what I wanted more than I trusted God.

God took me to a position of humbling myself. The Lord calls us to live in obedience. If we truly want to walk in the spirit, we must be living according to the will of God and trust that he has control. And trusting him means trusting him.

Many turn to astrology, tarot cards, different forms of magic for either escapism or some idea of hope for things to come- but it is fantasy and it is against God! And I believed what I was doing was Christian, but it was not!!!

I pray that God will use my testimony to benefit his glory, first so you can see how the Lord changes a heart through obedience to his word and how Christ fulfilled his purpose.

Do you get the underlying message here? Take confidence in the Lord, that is what the cross is for!

And second, so that all may be reminded that the Lord disciplines who he loves. Do not be afraid or think he is against you. The Lord's anger is his compassion on his children.

Hebrews 12:4-6

In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons:

“My son, do not take lightly the discipline of the Lord, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you.

For the Lord disciplines the one He loves,
and He chastises every son He receives.”

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For His glory!

"Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent."
Revelations 3:19
yes indeed sister . All whom the LORD loves He does rebuke and discipline . So be earnest and repent . Exactly sister .
FOR GOD desires not the death of even the wicked , but rather they WOULD REPENT . So my advice remains the same .
IF anyone is in error , correct them and let us pray they repent . FOR we too desire none to perish .

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When I first had an encounter with the Lord, he told me to give up on witchcraft and to trust him, I was led on a journey that would change my life.

I did not know there would be a battle. I fell under attack with delusions, false encounters, false signs, multiple false dreams, false signs, false hope, and went on my way filled with pride thinking I was fit to teach - and I was not. I went through concordances trying to figure out why I keep seeing this number and that one. I kept hearing, but it was not from the spirit.

I was worn out, exhausted, and felt defeated. I believed the Lord was giving up on me. I believed he was punishing me.

One day I decided I was going to teach. I was strongly rebuked. The man told me to stop what I was doing because it was occultic. And my position was from the standpoint of pride. I believed he could not possibly understand because I was in the right and the delusions I had seen.

Here was my greatest mistake: I took more confidence in signs than His sovereignty. I was living in sin and I had not fully given up on the flesh. I was not living by the spirit. I exalted in myself instead of exalting him. I was overcome with such a feeling of pride and power - let me explain this.

If you are operating by the flesh and involved in demonic work, the enemy will use a spirit of narcissism, delusions of grandeur, and a false feeling of power to control us and lead us astray from the will of God.

Here I thought I was some mighty warrior sent to change the world, and what did I actually look like? Nuts! Narcissistic, delusional, full of myself, craving attention, and crazy.

I didn't stand in obedience because I trusted what I wanted more than I trusted God.

God took me to a position of humbling myself. The Lord calls us to live in obedience. If we truly want to walk in the spirit, we must be living according to the will of God and trust that he has control. And trusting him means trusting him.

Many turn to astrology, tarot cards, different forms of magic for either escapism or some idea of hope for things to come- but it is fantasy and it is against God! And I believed what I was doing was Christian, but it was not!!!

I pray that God will use my testimony to benefit his glory, first so you can see how the Lord changes a heart through obedience to his word and how Christ fulfilled his purpose.

Do you get the underlying message here? Take confidence in the Lord, that is what the cross is for!

And second, so that all may be reminded that the Lord disciplines who he loves. Do not be afraid or think he is against you. The Lord's anger is his compassion on his children.

In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. And you have forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons:

“My son, do not take lightly the discipline of the Lord, and do not lose heart when He rebukes you.

Amen!

The Lord will not mince words and pooh-pooh away when we fall. He will call sin, sin and then teach us (which is what the word chastise here means) Sometimes the teaching is gentleness and encouragement, and other times He will allow us to experience the consequences of sin in this life because of His abiding love for us and His plan to wean us away from sin to attain to the righteousness in practice that He already sees us as!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I'm so pleased to hear that you escaped from witchcraft. I once read a book called. 'From witchcraft to Christ' in which Doreen Irvine describes how she escaped the darkness and walked into the light. It wasn't easy for her. I pray that God will protect you and keep you from harm as you learn more of his character and love for you.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

The Lord will not mince words and pooh-pooh away when we fall. He will call sin, sin and then teach us (which is what the word chastise here means) Sometimes the teaching is gentleness and encouragement, and other times He will allow us to experience the consequences of sin in this life because of His abiding love for us and His plan to wean us away from sin to attain to the righteousness in practice that He already sees us as!
What really seemed to work was what the early church did .
Remember when GOD said He gave them the keys . Whatever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven
and whatever you bind on earth is bound in heaven .
That was for correction . Paul and the others walked with a ROD , WHEN NECESSARY of course , of correction .
I have no idea what paul had done to the man that had his fathers wife , But whatever it was it worked .
Cause by the next letter he had repented and was being allowed BACK INTO FELLOWSHIP .
WE need to really learn from the examples of CHRIST and of those apostles .
Too many today are too busy hugging folks right to hell , instead of correcting them and having them restored .
And worse , due to the lack of correction the leaven is filling churches full now . Just like paul warned it would .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also notice that when hymeanues and philetus had done major damage to some in the church
paul had them delivered over unto satan , SO that they would LEARN NOT to blaspheme .
Correction works , but not correcting leavens the church full . I say we learn our bibles and follow That pattern .
Cause if JESUS set it , I KNOW its the only one that will work . FOR CHRIST KNOWS how to keep a church safe and thriving .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What really seemed to work was what the early church did .
Remember when GOD said He gave them the keys . Whatever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven
and whatever you bind on earth is bound in heaven .
That was for correction . Paul and the others walked with a ROD , WHEN NECESSARY of course , of correction .
I have no idea what paul had done to the man that had his fathers wife , But whatever it was it worked .
Cause by the next letter he had repented and was being allowed BACK INTO FELLOWSHIP .
WE need to really learn from the examples of CHRIST and of those apostles .
Too many today are too busy hugging folks right to hell , instead of correcting them and having them restored .
And worse , due to the lack of correction the leaven is filling churches full now . Just like paul warned it would .

As long as we remember that that rod is only to be in the hands of the local leadership for an individual. As fellow believers we can call out a sin in a believers life, but the authority to hold the consequence of ones sins is reserved for the pastor teachers in the local assemblies.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as we remember that that rod is only to be in the hands of the local leadership for an individual. As fellow believers we can call out a sin in a believers life, but the authority to hold the consequence of ones sins is reserved for the pastor teachers in the local assemblies.
If any is not seasoned they have no business teaching or etc the church . SO i have to agree on this note .

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This is a very interesting discussion. I have been accused of these things many times before (not that this thread is being directed at me), but I have always rested in the truth of something that a prophet once spoke over me during a church service one time. He was speaking words over others, and was by all accounts accurate, and has a very good reputation. Evetually he finally got to me on the altar as part of the worship team. I was hoping for some astoundingly awesome thing like, "You will turn the world upside down for Christ," LoL. But instead, he simply looked back at the congregation and said, "This is a humble man." He then proceeded to give an extended teaching on humility for the next three or four minutes, which bored the daylights out of everyone including me, LoL. But I have come to realize how important that word was. The more the Lord uses you, the more important it is that you think nothing of yourself but simply submit to God and His will.

I think I have maintained that humility throughout my walk. No matter how much He shows me or uses me, I never take credit for the things He does myself. That, and I engage in dream interpretation, which I am coming to realize is THE MOST COMPLEX endeavor a believer could engage in spiritually that I know of. It makes interpreting scripture itself look like a total cakewalk, so one has to keep his humility if he would engage in it at all. So many moving parts; so many things shrouded until the appointed time...

Anyway, much more I could say in response to your OP. Gimme a sec and I'll see what all else I can add, and thanks for posting.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!

I did not know this until I looked it up yesterday, because I was confused about something I had said:

"As surely as I live, says the Sovereign LORD, I will rule over you with an iron fist in great anger and with awesome power."
Ezekiel 20:33

He has power and He wants us to know it. He is authoritative and He is in control, and He does what He wants. This is His love.

“Do not touch my anointed ones;
do my prophets no harm.”

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LoL!

This is a good point as well. The thing is, the closer you get to God, the more the Spirit of God within you WILL actually start drawing attention, and you start to appear before men as proud, arrogant, boastful, narcissistic, delusional, etc. The apostles faced this, and so will anyone who becomes clothed in the Spirit of God and set for the defense of the gospel. But I think this is why responding in meekness becomes all that more important. It deflects from this notion that we think we are the cat's meow.

The trouble for me has always been this ferocious temper. I can take the sword of the Spirit meant to merely divide between soul and Spirit and cut into people so badly that they no longer wish to have anything to do with the Lord or me, assuming they still think I am on His side.

It's dreadful, and the one thing that haunts me of all my responsibilities in the Lord. I bemoan it constantly, and confess this sin time after time in public. But it can still get the better of me...

hopefully I am growing into a place where one day it will finally be put beneath me for good.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can take the sword of the Spirit meant to merely divide between soul and Spirit and cut into people so badly that they no longer wish to have anything to do with the Lord or me, assuming they still think I am on His side
The sword of the spirit is the word of God. Scripture defeats Satan.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sword of the spirit is the word of God. Scripture defeats Satan.

Yes Ma'am, and you are often led by the Spirit of God to address the one speaking through them. But then there are other times, such as in the instance where Paul was taking about dividing between soul and Spirit, when the sword of God will cut between the two to show men their sins, and their failure too distinguish between what is of them and what is of God.

It is still not a weapon being used against the believer in such instances; it is only being used to operate on them if you will, and excise what is not for their good and must be cut away. But this can be painful, and if they are not ready to receive the wound that would cut away the impurity, the sword gets rejected.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LoL!

This is a good point as well. The thing is, the closer you get to God, the more the Spirit of God within you WILL actually start drawing attention, and you start to appear before men as proud, arrogant, boastful, narcissistic, delusional, etc. The apostles faced this, and so will anyone who becomes clothed in the Spirit of God and set for the defense of the gospel. But I think this is why responding in meekness becomes all that more important. It deflects from this notion that we think we are the cat's meow.

The trouble for me has always been this ferocious temper. I can take the sword of the Spirit meant to merely divide between soul and Spirit and cut into people so badly that they no longer wish to have anything to do with the Lord or me, assuming they still think I am on His side.

It's dreadful, and the one thing that haunts me of all my responsibilities in the Lord. I bemoan it constantly, and confess this sin time after time in public. But it can still get the better of me...

hopefully I am growing into a place where one day it will finally be put beneath me for good.

Just felt like commenting HiddeninHim:

Surely so. When was an early Christian could associate in the appearing in all of those attitudes before looking into the truth about the Lord Jesus Christ and God. Proud, arrogant, boastful almost, sometimes would look at others as they do not pray like me, they do not know God like me or pray to God like me, they do not even think or talk about God.

So to me was a proud person, even as an early Christian it took a few years of pressing forward and continuing in trusting God, and the Lord and not giving up but keep having faith through ups and down. God has done a number of amazing things not just for myself but for many other people out here in this world as well, assuredly by living in the spirit, praying and loving God, and loving others ~ Even if life has its up and downs ~ God cares about us and loves us.

Living by the spirit ~ produces fruits of love.

No my demeaner from once fighting has changed a lot of just seeking the ways of the Lord rather than my fleshly ways and it is tough because none of is our perfect, however we have a wonderful mercy filled who know justice better than we do, and is a God of love, hope, comfort and we can trust in God.

All glory for change that comes from above to be given thanks to the Father and the Son of God.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just felt like commenting HiddeninHim:

Surely so. When was an early Christian could associate in the appearing in all of those attitudes before looking into the truth about the Lord Jesus Christ and God. Proud, arrogant, boastful almost, sometimes would look at others as they do not pray like me, they do not know God like me or pray to God like me, they do not even think or talk about God.

So to me was a proud person, even as an early Christian it took a few years of pressing forward and continuing in trusting God, and the Lord and not giving up but keep having faith through ups and down. God has done a number of amazing things not just for myself but for many other people out here in this world as well, assuredly by living in the spirit, praying and loving God, and loving others ~ Even if life has its up and downs ~ God cares about us and loves us.

Living by the spirit ~ produces fruits of love.

No my demeaner from once fighting has changed a lot of just seeking the ways of the Lord rather than my fleshly ways and it is tough because none of is our perfect, however we have a wonderful mercy filled who know justice better than we do, and is a God of love, hope, comfort and we can trust in God.

All glory for change that comes from above to be given thanks to the Father and the Son of God.
I hope each year that we can all look back confidently and say, "I knew nothing last year."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope each year that we can all look back confidently and say, "I knew nothing last year."

Hello fluffy, this is what I took away.

Many different memories, struggles, and choices to look back on and remember. What lessons where learned, be them good or bad. Knowing all was a choice along each and every decision and path that took us through many different trail ways out in the wilderness. Some make it out of the forest, and see clearly, and are able to go back in and help those to continue on to hope of holding on to the promises of God, and hope that comes from God that we may be filled joy even though the world is full of sadness yet are able to rejoice in the grace of God who does love each and every person on this planet, and desires for all to come to knowledge of the truth about Gods Son ~ Jesus Christ.

Always continue to hold on to hope ~ Even with the forethought of we all do eventually wear down and die, so why not be thankful to God today, and enjoy life while you have it and embrace it with thanksgiving, and praying for others, and seeking of heavenly things.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not-

Psalm 94:16 Who will rise up for me against the wicked? Who will stand for me against those who practice iniquity?

1 Corinthians 6:2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is to be judged by you, are you incompetent to try trivial cases?

James 5:20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Edit: I think I may have misunderstood your statement so if I did I apologize but I will leave it here anyway.

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, this is well said. However, have you yet seen the Confusion in christianity
about "what to obey, or not obey" to "live in the obedience, The LORD Called us to"?

What Exactly is "The Will Of God," for
us, today?

Also, have you yet encountered the ONE "study" verse, 2 Timothy 2 : 15 KJB, which
is able to help the humble one, walking In HIS Spirit, to Solve all the Confusion?

Be Blessed!