THE LORD'S TABLE

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 10:19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

10:20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

10:21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

Paul is speaking to the church about fleeing from idolatry (1 Corinthians 10:14). Paul is admonishing the believers that they can't be partakers of Christ and his redemption at his table and at the same time have fellowship with the idolatry of devils.

1 Corinthians 10:15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?

10:17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

Paul is saying that the cup which we bless and the bread which we break is the communion of the body of Christ, the church. The church being many is one body ( Romans 12:5) and Jew and Gentile have been made one new man (Ephesians 2:15).

The Lord's table is the provision he made for our salvation; where the body has fellowship with one another and with Christ by his sacrificial death and redemption.