The Lost Man’s Guide to Salvation....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s been said that sometimes one can find a lot of Truth in humor....I am about to share a little something that I have heard all of my life and I bet that you have too.....Here’s how this thing usually plays out...it happened to me today.....

A friend of mine and myself were playing a friendly round of golf today....we both stink ....we both know it.....we don’t care.....I get a bigger thrill out of razzing my buddy than I do making a hole-in- one ! Well, almost......we hassle each other by stealing each others golf balls or by “ coughing” in the middle of the other guy’s backswing or by “magically” finding a ball in the middle of the fairway that one would have sworn was hit far into the woods.....

Anyway, today, we were both on the putting green and when my buddy turned his back for a second, I kicked my golf ball about five feet closer to the hole......he caught what I had done and said to me jokingly , “ Sam, you’re gonna go to Hell if you don’t change your ways!”

That got me thinking how many times I had heard that phrase uttered in my lifetime ....it is something usually said in jest, but in reality, isn’t that the way that the “ World” views Salvation? The World thinks that we all have to eventually repent before we die ,and that is true, but when they use the word “ repentance” they are thinking this: “Yep, to go to Heaven , you eventually have to settle down, get serious ,abandon anything that is ‘ fun’ and above everything else, make sure that you “ Change Your Ways” and “ Make Yourself WORTHY” of Salvation....

There was a time that I believed that Hog- Wash and I know that many,many of my old friends STILL believe that.....it’s Satan’s BIG LIE and the World has swallowed it hook, line and sinker.....”Turning over a new leaf” and going from an “ immoral” person to a “ moral” person are both very good things—-Unfortunately, they are not things that will get one Saved.....Only by putting one’s total faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus and His Finished Work Of The Cross to obtain the forgiveness of sin will one find any Salvation.....

A person that “ jokes” about “ You're gonna go to Hell if you don’t change your ways” probably really believes that! I know that I did........Perhaps had I ever heard the True Gospel Of The Grace Of God in my youth , I would have seen through this foolishness a lot sooner.....Lost people are just thoroughly convinced that they have to “DO” something or other to get Saved—- mainly what they believe is “ I got to clean up my act” .....

Sadly, they are hearing about religion that indeed says “DO”......What they are NOT hearing is the True Christianity that says, “ DONE”.......The difference is Heaven or Hell.....People need to hear the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 and realize that the true Gospel is NOT what man does for God ( changing his ways) —— it is what God has done for Man....one must never forget——- it us a Gift—- “Given to those that don’t work for it”

Last edited:
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal
James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Gift?

Exodus 23:8 And thou shalt take no gift: for the gift blindeth the wise, and perverteth the words of the righteous.

Proverbs 15:27 He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live.

Proverbs 17:23 A wicked man taketh a gift out of the bosom to pervert the ways of judgment.

Isaiah 1:23 Thy princes are rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.

Isaiah 5:22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink:
23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow.....hard to believe you make this so easy....” For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith— and this is not from yourselves ,it is the * GIFT* of God—- not by Works , so that no one can boast....” ( Eph2:8-9)......

Speaking of “gifts”——- here is my free gift to you—— “ Be a Good Student Of The Word , so you will not embarrass yourself and have to stand ashamed....” ( 2Timothy2:15 )

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Daniel L.

Feb 25, 2022
Lisboa
Faith
Christian
Country
Portugal

You know, I have two witnesses and you only have one. Which means you can't object really.

Deuteronomy 19:15 A single witness shall not rise up against a man on account of any iniquity or any sin which he has committed; on the evidence of two or three witnesses a matter shall be confirmed.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know, I have two witnesses and you only have one. Which means you can't object really.

Deuteronomy 19:15 A single witness shall not rise up against a man on account of any iniquity or any sin which he has committed; on the evidence of two or three witnesses a matter shall be confirmed.

I got a better reason why I can't object—— I don’t know what the Heck you are talking about....have you been eating expired food or something ?