The love of God message.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello all, just thought I would rise this issue to attention, it's not uncommon for Christians to verbally attack there own in the Church today.

And just thought I would raise some awareness on this subject, so nearly everyone on this forum seems to like to attack people like Joel Osteen, Joseph Prince, Jesse Duplantis, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, etc, etc, etc.

And sometimes they are labeled as the feel good gospel.

But in saying that there is a bigger picture, what if God was using these preachers to reach out to those that need a greater understanding of the God's love?

For example the message of the wrath of God and fire and brimstone may be preached by some, but not every preacher, and that message is very well suitable for some worldly Christians, but others just need a whole lot of prayer. But if we get too tied up in the wrath of God message, it has the potential to dry us up and enter into the "Religious mindset" that you must do this and you must do that. Of course it still plays an important role though, but it's important that we don't get too tied up in it.

But then there are those that need to hear the Love of God and the Grace of God message, the power of God message, that God will pull you through this tricky situation message. And I believe it's important to remember those that don't have it as good, those that are going through tough times, those that are going through mental health problems, those that are going through PTSD, etc. and that's the purpose these kind of messages serve, and that's why we have people like Joel Osteen preaching God's love, and highlighting those bits in the Bible.

If we go too hard on the wrath of God message on those kind of people, they aren't going to take it well. And they are going to feel condemned, which isn't right.

So I believe God has strategically placed Christian preachers in different ministries, in different areas, as the Body of Christ has many different members. For example, one will preach the message of Faith, one will preach the Love of God, one will preach God's grace, one will preach the wrath of God, one will preach God's blessing, one will preach the spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit. Most will preach more than one, and I sure hope so. Haha

But some people need to here a particular message more than the other.

It's important there is balance. And also remembering no one is perfect and every preacher has a weakness, as they are still human.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello all, just thought I would rise this issue to attention, it's not uncommon for Christians to verbally attack there own in the Church today.

And just thought I would raise some awareness on this subject, so nearly everyone on this forum seems to like to attack people like Joel Osteen, Joseph Prince, Jesse Duplantis, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, etc, etc, etc.

So I believe God has strategically placed Christian preachers in different ministries, in different areas, as the Body of Christ has many different members. For example, one will preach the message of Faith, one will preach the Love of God, one will preach God's grace, one will preach the wrath of God, one will preach God's blessing, one will preach the spiritual gifts of the Holy Spirit. Most will preach more than one, and I sure hope so. Haha

It's important there is balance. And also remembering no one is perfect and every preacher has a weakness, as they are still human.
That's fine Josho, but those who truly have a different, and authentic, ministry than others, the sincerity is clear, and the message is thoroughly Biblical. But, as far the cohort that you mentioned, have you seen the behaviour on stage, have you seen the wealth, have you seen double standard in their lives outside the Church, have you heard the twisting of scriptures?
In other words, at what point will you just say that there exists wolves in sheep's clothing (Matthew 7:15)?
Yes, all are not Apostles, all do not have gifts of healing, all do not have discernment of spirits or prophecy (1 Corinthians 12:28-30). All verified Christians do not share the same ministry, ....but, you will know them by their works (Matthew 7:15-20).
For, the specific people that you mentioned are wicked, and exploiting God's Word for selfish gain. The give people false hope in physical healing, and misguided hope in wealth and prosperity. The claim to have had false visions (Colossians 2:18), and claim further revelation about heaven and angels (adding to scripture).
Your discernment should tell you that, ...that is, can you not tell the difference between authentically having a different spiritual calling, as opposed to being a charlatan?

Reactions: theophilus

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your discernment should tell you that, ...that is, can you not tell the difference between authentically having a different spiritual calling, as opposed to being a charlatan?
It seems there are very few. So many so called men of God, giving them selves over to the world...

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It seems there are very few. So many so called men of God, giving them selves over to the world...
Yes, Josho's remark was almost self-indicting? ...I hope that it was just naive?

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But in saying that there is a bigger picture, what if God was using these preachers to reach out to those that need a greater understanding of the God's love?

For example the message of the wrath of God and fire and brimstone may be preached by some, but not every preacher, and that message is very well suitable for some worldly Christians, but others just need a whole lot of prayer. But if we get too tied up in the wrath of God message, it has the potential to dry us up and enter into the "Religious mindset" that you must do this and you must do that. Of course it still plays an important role though, but it's important that we don't get too tied up in it.

Yes, we are supposed to tell of God's love, but until people realize they are sinners and deserve to be condemned to Hell they won't understand their need for his love. We may encounter individuals who already realize their lost condition. They only need to be shown God's love and told how they can receive forgiveness but the message of forgiveness won't mean anything to those who don't believe they need to be forgiven. Most people are in the second group. In his revelation of himself through the Bible, God gave us the law before he gave us the message of grace through Jesus Christ. We should follow his example in communicating with others.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But then there are those that need to hear the Love of God and the Grace of God message, the power of God message, that God will pull you through this tricky situation message. And I believe it's important to remember those that don't have it as good, those that are going through tough times, those that are going through mental health problems, those that are going through PTSD, etc. and that's the purpose these kind of messages serve, and that's why we have people like Joel Osteen preaching God's love, and highlighting those bits in the Bible.

If we go too hard on the wrath of God message on those kind of people, they aren't going to take it well. And they are going to feel condemned, which isn't right.

One Baptism

Reactions: Helen

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As noted in another thread just now,
when does Jesus say ANATHEMA ! (ACCURSED!)

When those mentioned are bringing a false gospel.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

@Joseph77

G394 - 'anathema'
meaning:- something dedicated or devoted to God,

as:- a) an offering, b) accursed.
As an animal devoted to God was doomed to destruction,
so a man accursed also is doomed to the direst woes.
Usage:-
'But though we, or an angel from heaven,
.. preach any other gospel unto you
.... than that which we have preached unto you,
...... let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again,
.. If any man preach any other gospel unto you
.... than that ye have received,
...... let him be accursed.'

(Galalatians 1:8-9)

'And they came to the chief priests and elders, and said,
We have bound ourselves under a great curse,
that we will eat nothing until we have slain Paul.'

(Act 23:14)

'For I could wish that myself were
accursed from Christ
for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:'

(Romans 9:3)

'Wherefore I give you to understand,
that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed:
and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.'

(1 Corinthians 12:3)

'If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ,
let him be Anathema
Maranatha.'
(1 Corinthians 16:22)

maranatha, (G3134) - Of Chaldee origin (meaning our Lord has come);
that is, an exclamation of the approaching divine judgement

-----------------------

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Well grace/love/encouragement/healing is part of the gospel, I am just saying some people need to hear that more than the wrath, you obviously aren't going to want to preach to people that are depressed or that are hurt inside about the wrath, as it's simply currently not a suitable moment for those kinds of people, what they need is for the Holy Spirit to come comfort them.

But then there are others who are living wildly, and think that they are having a good time living wild, that need to hear about the wrath of God.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never pampered anyone in their sin, yet also He never broke a bent reed nor quenched a smoldering wick...
He showed mercy to the humble,
and opposed the proud,
just as His Father Almighty Directed Always.
Even those who sought to kill Him, He Spoke as the Father Directed, and at the same time , as the Father is Perfect, it was the best thing with the best hope that they would realize it and repent, when He called them SERPENTS , etc ....

Well grace/love/encouragement/healing is part of the gospel, I am just saying some people need to hear that more than the wrath, you obviously aren't going to want to preach to people that are depressed or that are hurt inside about the wrath, as it's simply currently not a suitable moment for those kinds of people, what they need is for the Holy Spirit to come comfort them.

But then there are others who are living wildly, and think that they are having a good time living wild, that need to hear about the wrath of God.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus never pampered anyone in their sin, yet also He never broke a bent reed nor quenched a smoldering wick...
He showed mercy to the humble,
and opposed the proud,
just as His Father Almighty Directed Always.
Even those who sought to kill Him, He Spoke as the Father Directed, and at the same time , as the Father is Perfect, it was the best thing with the best hope that they would realize it and repent, when He called them SERPENTS , etc ....

I am not saying the first group of people I mentioned don't need to ask for forgiveness to be saved, just saying we need a different approach on how we reach the gospel to those two kinds of people, one needs a more gentle approach than the other.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not saying the first group of people I mentioned don't need to ask for forgiveness to be saved, just saying we need a different approach on how we reach the gospel to those two kinds of people, one needs a more gentle approach than the other.
There may never have been a time that Jesus is not/ was not gentle, even in driving out the money changers from His Father's Temple - what they deserve(d) and what they will receive in the Judgment is far far far worse than anything people imagine today.

All the time, have the attitude of Jesus, "the mind of Christ", as described and stated IN SCRIPTURE,
always
speaking as from the Father, as Jesus always does, and never from the flesh nor from the old man, nor from emotions,
but
only what the Father Says (just as He Says not to think ahead of time what to speak to the judge when dragged into court - it will be the Father speaking, nor ourselves, even then - so also learn this always, obedient to Jesus).