• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As much as I talk about doctrine on this website, I'd much rather be talking about Jesus. Oh, my
Jesus. I know that He is the Truth, and that, in a very real sense, Christ is doctrine (as one of my favorite preachers, CD Brooks used to like to say), but my favorite subject is Christ's very personality and character.

Here's an example: He would do almost anything to segue into a conversation with someone about His Father's love or the need for conversion. In His exchange with the Samaritan woman at Jacob's well in Sychar He took advantage of a cultural custom which compelled women who were engaged in the chore of fetching water to give a drink to any man who asked for one.

He then began to woo her into opening her heart to Him. By the time they were finished she was so excited that she left her waterpot at the well, hurrying off to witness to her neighbors.

Christ was here literally practicing the fast of Isaiah 58, dealing His bread of life to the hungry and loosing the bands of wickedness. It is so beautiful. He tells His disciples that He has food and drink of which they know nothing yet. He is doing the work of the Father that sent Him. I can picture Him, up very early in the morning, or even all night long, pleading with His Father to lead Him in the path of those who are ready and most in need of the salvation He offers so anxiously to all who will come to Him. What a Savior, what a Lord, what a Friend we have in Jesus!

Any other observations of the matchless charms of Christ?
CC: @amadeus @Backlit @Ronald David Bruno @Ronald Nolette @bbyrd009 @Desire Of All Nations @David in NJ @Truman @Heart2Soul @Josho @Ferris Bueller @quietthinker @WalterandDebbie @theefaith @marks @charity @TLHKAJ @liafailrock @FluffyYellowDuck @Sabertooth @Taken @Rita @MatthewG @JohnPaul @Cassandra @Eternally Grateful
@ReChoired

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As much as I talk about doctrine on this website, I'd much rather be talking about Jesus. Oh, my
Jesus. I know that He is the Truth, and that, in a very real sense, Christ is doctrine (as one of my favorite preachers, CD Brooks used to like to say), but my favorite subject is Christ's very personality and character.

Here's an example: He would do almost anything to segue into a conversation with someone about His Father's love or the need for conversion. In His exchange with the Samaritan woman at Jacob's well in Sychar He took advantage of a cultural custom which compelled women who were engaged in the chore of fetching water to give a drink to any man who asked for one.

He then began to woo her into opening her heart to Him. By the time they were finished she was so excited that she left her waterpot at the well, hurrying off to witness to her neighbors.

Christ was here literally practicing the fast of Isaiah 58, dealing His bread of life to the hungry and loosing the bands of wickedness. It is so beautiful. He tells His disciples that He has food and drink of which they know nothing yet. He is doing the work of the Father that sent Him. I can picture Him, up very early in the morning, or even all night long, pleading with His Father to lead Him in the path of those who are ready and most in need of the salvation He offers so anxiously to all who will come to Him. What a Savior, what a Lord, what a Friend we have in Jesus!

CC: @amadeus @Backlit @Ronald David Bruno @Ronald Nolette @bbyrd009 @Desire Of All Nations @David in NJ @Truman @Heart2Soul @Josho @Ferris Bueller @quietthinker @WalterandDebbie @theefaith @marks @charity @TLHKAJ @liafailrock @FluffyYellowDuck @Sabertooth @Taken @Rita @MatthewG @JohnPaul @Cassandra @Eternally Grateful
@ReChoired
Interesting ref. to Isaiah 58 there.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

@ReChoired
Have you seen 'The Chosen' BF? There's a scene from the woman at the well....it's unforgettable!

Reactions: dev553344

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BarnyFife He is always there and waiting for us...

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Who else could or would say that to us, meaning it and seeing the accomplishment of us it in us when we do what he says?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@ReChoired
When I get visited by the spirit of Christ I always feel loved. He appears to love me even though justice would so not to.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Possibly, The Finger Of God Wrote each of their sin, they each read What HE Wrote, and then "they departed one by one, being convicted in their own conscience." What think ye?

I like the theory that it was their names in fulfillment of Jeremiah 17:13.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador