"The Meek shall inherit the EARTH!" - JESUS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He re-affirmed God's promise (and purpose) of old, as did the Apostles.

Not most of CHURCHianity who say God will DESTROY the Earth....theMoon.jpg

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting fact, ALSO belied by CHURCHianity~

EarthCreated.jpg

Attachments

• EarthCreated.jpg
    EarthCreated.jpg
    813.1 KB · Views: 0

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a bit out of the loop on this "churhianity"... But who is saying God is going to destroy the earth? I do believe he is going to purify it and that is not good for human civilization... But I don't know if anyone is saying it'll be destroyed.

Reactions: theQuestion

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a bit out of the loop on this "churhianity"... But who is saying God is going to destroy the earth? I do believe he is going to purify it and that is not good for human civilization... But I don't know if anyone is saying it'll be destroyed.

I have spoken to endless clergy as well as church-goers.
They abuse scriptures like the ones saying the Earth will be burned up, never paying attention to the context revealing it is referring to wicked mankind ON the earth....

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter:

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter:

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up.

You know so LITTLE about the Bible!
Just say "NO!" to church!

Ps 46:6- The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: He uttered his voice, the earth melted.
Ps 75:3- The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.

Did Jesus mean to say that the meek will inherit charcoal?
Did God make a Blooper?~
Ecc 1:4- One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth forever.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know so LITTLE about the Bible!
Just say "NO!" to church!

Ps 46:6- The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: He uttered his voice, the earth melted.
Ps 75:3- The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.
Church has nothing to do with my knowledge of the bible. The spirit of God, on the other hand, does.

I quoted the word of truth...and you do not agree with what it says. Not very convincing.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Church has nothing to do with my knowledge of the bible. The spirit of God, on the other hand, does.

I quoted the word of truth...and you do not agree with what it says. Not very convincing.

That's just cheesy, Scott!
That means God's Word DOES contradict itself, if you are correct.
And you're NOT; the Biblical languages were highly illustrative.

So- NO the Earth hasn't burned up or dissolved several times in the past!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's just cheesy, Scott!
That means God's Word DOES contradict itself, if you are correct.
And you're NOT; the Biblical languages were highly illustrative.

So- NO the Earth hasn't burned up or dissolved several times in the past!
You are mixing the figurative language with the accurate truth. The same words are used for both.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mixing the figurative language with the accurate truth. The same words are used for both.

This is where its hard for me not to be insulting, when church-worshipers DELIBERATELY ignore the scriptures. in favor of their church coprolite: God said the Earth will remain FOREVER!
Jesus said the meek will INHERIT it.
God commonly used such an illustrative picture of the earth burning, melting dissolving to illustrate that those he was against were POWERLESS, and that he would CRUSH them.

And he refuses to even THINK about HEAVEN passing away!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is where its hard for me not to be insulting, when church-worshipers DELIBERATELY ignore the scriptures. in favor of their church coprolite: God said the Earth will remain FOREVER!
Jesus said the meek will INHERIT it.
God commonly used such an illustrative picture of the earth burning, melting dissolving to illustrate that those he was against were POWERLESS, and that he would CRUSH them.

And he refuses to even THINK about HEAVEN passing away!
Both, those scriptures that say the heaven and the earth will be burned up, and those that say it will be forever, cannot be true...EXCEPT for the fact that they both are not referring to the same heaven and earth. But that is not in question, because it clearly speaks of two: the old and the new.

So, then, it is you who is not keeping them separate, but are mixing the two different lines of scripture together, and creating confusion where there is none.

Reactions: amadeus

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter:

Yes, I am familar with that verse. Here is one i also thought would be brought up:

Matthew 24:35 KJV
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

On the contrary, Ecc 1:4 has already been mentioned:

Ecclesiastes 1:4 KJV
One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

I don't believe the earth is going to be destroyed. Not anytime soon, anyway. 2 Pete 3 says the earth and the works shall be burned up. Doesn't necesarily say destroyed. Like I mentioned, I do believe it will be purified and much of that is discussed in the book of Revelation. Man will say the earth is destroyed because "his" world will be in ruins. But the sphere itself will stand.

There is something else to consider. This happens during "The day of the Lord". That phrase was also used in Joel 2 (great and terrible day of the Lord). Peter had an understanding of this because he talked about it in Acts 2. But in Joel... There is no destruction of the earth. In fact, he says that Judah will dwell forever and Jerusalem from generation to generation.

I am not saying I have a full understanding of all this.... But I do know there is more to 2 Pete 3 than what was literally spoken.

Reactions: theQuestion

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both, those scriptures that say the heaven and the earth will be burned up, and those that say it will be forever, cannot be true...EXCEPT for the fact that they both are not referring to the same heaven and earth. But that is not in question, because it clearly speaks of two: the old and the new.

So, then, it is you who is not keeping them separate, but are mixing the two different lines of scripture together, and creating confusion where there is none.

Inside the mind of a church-worshiper.
Twisting the scriptures to suit his church dogma.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I am familar with that verse. Here is one i also thought would be brought up:

One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever.

I don't believe the earth is going to be destroyed. Not anytime soon, anyway. 2 Pete 3 says the earth and the works shall be burned up. Doesn't necesarily say destroyed. Like I mentioned, I do believe it will be purified and much of that is discussed in the book of Revelation. Man will say the earth is destroyed because "his" world will be in ruins. But the sphere itself will stand.

There is something else to consider. This happens during "The day of the Lord". That phrase was also used in Joel 2 (great and terrible day of the Lord). Peter had an understanding of this because he talked about it in Acts 2. But in Joel... There is no destruction of the earth. In fact, he says that Judah will dwell forever and Jerusalem from generation to generation.

I am not saying I have a full understanding of all this.... But I do know there is more to 2 Pete 3 than what was literally spoken.

At LAst!
Someone who can THINK and SEE!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thanks.

As I said, there are two opposing prospects that come out of the scriptures... and, go figure, there are also two different heavens and earths presented.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have nicely told you the truth...and you call me names, names I don't even know the meaning of, and you continue to insist that I got my information from some church organization after I have told you I did not.

You don't know me, but God knows me, and I know Him. Which, in and of itself...makes you suspect.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have nicely told you the truth...and you call me names, names I don't even know the meaning of, and you continue to insist that I got my information from some church organization after I have told you I did not.

You don't know me, but God knows me, and I know Him. Which, in and of itself...makes you suspect.

If you take my description as "names", the problem is yours.
You spin is as transparent a clear glass.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have not even heard his explanation for what he @ScottA said. I may understand but I doubt there are very many in most existing churches that would have a clue of an idea what he means yet, you condemn him in your attack without comprehension. Is your own position so vulnerable that you cannot even stand to hear what he means? What if what he is speaking is the truth and it is you that are deluded? Do you know it all so correctly as that?

Do you not love the truth or for a lack of love of the truth is it you who are a recipient of delusion?

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

Reactions: Helen