The Message Bible Translation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibby

Apr 4, 2006
What do you all think about The Message? I personally would consider it a paraphrase as opposed to a translation. I really am not a fan, personally. Our church uses it quite a bit which I don't wholly agree with. :confused:

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went over to Matthew 24 with that version and I can say that I do not like this version at all. It completely changes the words and their meanings I and would recommend not even touching it with a 30 foot pole.For example, it takes the abomination of desolation and turns it into the "monster of desecration" which can really change the meaning and interpretation of the passage.

ChristChild

May 4, 2006
People say makes good 'light reading', but I wouldn't take it as a serious translation. And yes, I completely agree, it does change the meaning of whole texts. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because of this. It does have it's good points though... although I can't think of any at this particular point in time
smile.gif

Toolapc

Jul 9, 2006
The Message Rules It Gives You A Differnent View And Helps You Understand Biblical Truth.

bac2nowere

Jun 15, 2006
My wife had the Message translation giving to her as a gift. She say's it's alright but she doesn't carry it much. I personally haven't looked at it much, however what I have seen I really don't like it. It was hard for me to find verses and I didn't like the choice of words in that it seemed to change the meaning, as noted in previouse posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.