The Midnight Hour

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul
The Holy Spirit spoke to me and said "at the midnight hour"....
So I searched scriptures about the midnight hour and then I found this article....so many things happened at the midnight hour in the bible. I hope you would take time to read it.
I believe He is telling me God is working in the background and like layers of an onion exposing the lies and corruption and at the midnight hour while the enemy sleeps He will strike and deliver a deadly blow and destroy their platform. (Symbolically speaking).
12 O'clock Midnight
The other thing He spoke to me is many have called Trump a Cyrus but He said Trump is a David.
Read 1 Samuel...Chapters 17-19....
This verse really jumped out at me....
1 Samuel 18:10 and 19:9.....
Both times it caused Saul to attempt to kill David.....I believe this represents all those who were with Trump in the beginning (like Saul was with David) but God has caused a distressing spirit to come upon them causing them to turn against him. (And remember David brought victory over the Philistines for Saul).

Sharpening my shovel..
and making popcorn
:)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the article:

12 O'clock Midnight
BY NORMAN P. SPOTTS, D.D.

“And it came to Pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt” (Exodus 12:29).

Remarkable events that occurred at midnight are recorded in the Scripture by the Holy Spirit. The events are both varied and sometimes startling. Death came at midnight. In the above text, God brought a nation and its leadership to its knees by destroying all the firstborn of the entire land. Judgment on sin began at midnight when a proud and glorious nation came to utter destruction in their midnight hour of divine judgment. Life came at midnight. The Philippian jailer was wondrously saved after a midnight earthquake awakened him, not only physically, but spiritually, causing him to cry out, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” (Acts 16:25–3O). God can move a sinner at any time of the day or night. Praise, prayer, and thanksgiving came at midnight. “And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises unto God” (Acts 16:25) while in prison after having been beaten. David also used the dark hours of the night to express gratitude for God’s unfailing word. “At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments” (Psalm 119:62). Deliverance came at midnight. “About midnight the shipmen deemed that they drew near to some country” (Acts 27:27), and the Apostle Paul was delivered from a tremendous physical storm by the God who controls the storms. Every true believer can find the same faithful God to bring deliverance to their midnight storms. The bridegroom came at midnight. “And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh” (Matthew 25:6). Our bridegroom, the Lord Jesus Christ, is coming soon. “Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh” (Matthew 25:13). NPS

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the article:

12 O'clock Midnight
BY NORMAN P. SPOTTS, D.D.

“And it came to Pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt” (Exodus 12:29).

Remarkable events that occurred at midnight are recorded in the Scripture by the Holy Spirit. The events are both varied and sometimes startling. Death came at midnight. In the above text, God brought a nation and its leadership to its knees by destroying all the firstborn of the entire land. Judgment on sin began at midnight when a proud and glorious nation came to utter destruction in their midnight hour of divine judgment. Life came at midnight. The Philippian jailer was wondrously saved after a midnight earthquake awakened him, not only physically, but spiritually, causing him to cry out, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” (Acts 16:25–3O). God can move a sinner at any time of the day or night. Praise, prayer, and thanksgiving came at midnight. “And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed and sang praises unto God” (Acts 16:25) while in prison after having been beaten. David also used the dark hours of the night to express gratitude for God’s unfailing word. “At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments” (Psalm 119:62). Deliverance came at midnight. “About midnight the shipmen deemed that they drew near to some country” (Acts 27:27), and the Apostle Paul was delivered from a tremendous physical storm by the God who controls the storms. Every true believer can find the same faithful God to bring deliverance to their midnight storms. The bridegroom came at midnight. “And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh” (Matthew 25:6). Our bridegroom, the Lord Jesus Christ, is coming soon. “Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh” (Matthew 25:13). NPS

Yes Matthew 25:5-6 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. [6] And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

But also, Luke 11:5-10 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; [6] For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him? [7] And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee. [8] I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. [9] And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. [10] For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reminds me of when the 3 men met Abraham on their way to Sodom.

Gen 18:1And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
Gen 18:2And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
Gen 18:3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
Gen 18: Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
Gen 18:5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.
Gen 18:6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
Gen 18:7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.
Gen 18:8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

Gen 18:16 And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way.
Gen 18:17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
Gen 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
Gen 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Gen 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
Gen 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

Sounds like it was the midnight hour for Sodom.. they had run out of time.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This reminds me of when the 3 men met Abraham on their way to Sodom.

Gen 18:1And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
Gen 18:2And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
Gen 18:3 And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant:
Gen 18: Let a little water, I pray you, be fetched, and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree:
Gen 18:5 And I will fetch a morsel of bread, and comfort ye your hearts; after that ye shall pass on: for therefore are ye come to your servant. And they said, So do, as thou hast said.
Gen 18:6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth.
Gen 18:7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.
Gen 18:8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

Gen 18:16 And the men rose up from thence, and looked toward Sodom: and Abraham went with them to bring them on the way.
Gen 18:17 And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
Gen 18:18 Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
Gen 18:19 For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Gen 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
Gen 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

Sounds like it was the midnight hour for Sodom.. they had run out of time.

just thinking and not asserting anything. I’ve always wondered why the foolish virgins are always the focus and never the wise. They all slept. At midnight there was a cry made. Yes, reminds me of the passage you shared in many ways. What is ‘at midnight a cry was made’ Behold the bridegroom cometh; go you out to meet him. Matthew 25:6
Hebrews 13:11-13 Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. [13] Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.

Never have understood why the wise said to those foolish who asked for oil to keep the lamps burning Matthew 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so ; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Reminds me of the lame man that when the waters were troubled, another always stepped down before him into the water.

1 Corinthians 4:10-13 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. [11] Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; [12] And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: [13] Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.

Mark 11:13-15 And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. [14] And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it. [15] And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;

Then another parable ‘at midnight’ on lending; Luke 11:5-6 And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; [6] For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?

which the ten virgins is also about lending? Why is it considered good they didn’t share oil?

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 25:1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
Mat 25:5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Mat 25:13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

The first word in Chapter 25 is "Then" .. it is preceeded by another parables. The one just prior is about the good and faithful servant.

Mat 24:45 Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
Mat 24:46 Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
Mat 24:47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Which is preceeded by yet another parable.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

What is the difference between the 10 virgins...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 25:2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
Mat 25:3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
Mat 25:4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

Mat 24:48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
Mat 24:49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

Notice lord, not Lord:

Mat 24:50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,
Mat 24:51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

So we are to have oil in our vessel. This to me means Christ in us, the Holy Spirit we are sealed with.

5 of them took no oil with them... those that say that they are, but are not.

If that evil servant..
Jhn 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

back to this:

Who is the goodman?
Mar 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

If the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come..
Who knows the day and hour?

5 of the virgins have oil in their vessel, they were ready for the bridegroom... thou good and faithful servant.

5 of the virgins had no oil. Their lord will come when they think not... the evil servant.

Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Mat 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

The Father knows the day and the hour.

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Jhn 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Jhn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

As for the 5 virgins with no oil in their vessels:

Rev 2:18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
Rev 2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
Rev 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
Rev 2:21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
Rev 2:22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
Rev 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

With oil:

Rev 2:24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
Rev 2:25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. (oil in your lamp)
Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
Rev 2:28 And I will give him the morning star.
Rev 2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

He that overcometh: shall rule with a rod of iron.

1Co 6:1 Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
1Co 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
1Co 6:4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.
1Co 6:5 I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
1Co 6:6 But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers.

What time is it?
It's getting close to midnight. How's your oil?
:)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 119:62 At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.

midnight:
middle, mid-, half, division
châtsôwth, khaw-tsoth'; from H2673; the middle (of the night):—mid(-night).
Strong's H2673 - chatsah
to divide, cut in two, cut short, live half (of one's life)
a primitive root (compare H2086); to cut or split in two; to halve:—divide, × live out half, reach to the midst, participle

cut short:
Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Rom 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

NLT:
For the LORD will carry out his sentence upon the earth
quickly and with finality.”

divide:
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

midnight
Acts 27.. just putting this here for now.. interesting travel plans.. lots of turbulance on the seas.

Act 27:27 But when the fourteenth night was come, as we were driven up and down in Adria, about midnight the shipmen deemed that they drew near to some country;

mid night.. middle of the night... night is darkness... days of darkness..
A time of no vision..

Pro 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
Lam 2:9 Her gates are sunk into the ground; he hath destroyed and broken her bars: her king and her princes are among the Gentiles: the law is no more; her prophets also find no vision from the LORD.

1Sa 3:1 And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision.

Mat 17:9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

the vision:

Mat 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
Mat 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
Mat 17:3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
Mat 17:4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Mat 17:6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
Mat 17:7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
Mat 17:8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

Gen 9:16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

Eze 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

Mat 17:3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

need a new shovel

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psa 119:62 At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto thee because of thy righteous judgments.

midnight:
middle, mid-, half, division
châtsôwth, khaw-tsoth'; from H2673; the middle (of the night):—mid(-night).
Strong's H2673 - chatsah
to divide, cut in two, cut short, live half (of one's life)
a primitive root (compare H2086); to cut or split in two; to halve:—divide, × live out half, reach to the midst, participle

cut short:
Rom 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Rom 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

NLT:
For the LORD will carry out his sentence upon the earth
quickly and with finality.”

divide:
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
1Th 5:5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

midnight
Acts 27.. just putting this here for now.. interesting travel plans.. lots of turbulance on the seas.

Act 27:27 But when the fourteenth night was come, as we were driven up and down in Adria, about midnight the shipmen deemed that they drew near to some country;

mid night.. middle of the night... night is darkness... days of darkness..
A time of no vision..

Pro 29:18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
Lam 2:9 Her gates are sunk into the ground; he hath destroyed and broken her bars: her king and her princes are among the Gentiles: the law is no more; her prophets also find no vision from the LORD.

1Sa 3:1 And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision.

Mat 17:9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.

the vision:

Mat 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
Mat 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
Mat 17:4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
Mat 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Mat 17:6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
Mat 17:7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
Mat 17:8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.

Gen 9:16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

Eze 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

Rev 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

need a new shovel
Wow so much to ponder about midnight....good study!

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exo 12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

smote:
to strike, smite, hit, beat, slay, kill
(Niphal) to be stricken or smitten
to smite, attack, attack and destroy, conquer, subjugate, ravage
to smite, chastise, send judgment upon, punish, destroy

Strong's H5221 - nakah

Gen 4:15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill H5221 him.

Gen 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite H5221 any more every thing living, as I have done.

Gen 19:11 And they smote H5221 the men that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

Exo 2:11 And it came to pass in those days, when Moses was grown, that he went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens: and he spied an Egyptian smiting H5221 an Hebrew, one of his brethren.

Exo 2:12 And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew H5221 the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.

Mal 4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

I've run into a controversy... again.. don't shoot me.

Mat 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Mat 26:31 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

Mar 14:27 And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered.

Act 23:2 And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth.

Act 23:3 Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law?

2Co 11:20 For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face.

Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Exo 7:17 Thus saith the LORD, In this thou shalt know that I am the LORD: behold, I will smite with the rod that is in mine hand upon the waters which are in the river, and they shall be turned to blood.

Exo 12:12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD.

lot of smiting at the midnight hour.

this one here:
Mal 4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

and here:

Gen 3:17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

shovels..

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
Eph 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise; )
Eph 6:3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.

Exo 12:29 And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
Eph 6:2 Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise; )
Eph 6:3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
Eph 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Eph 6:5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;
Eph 6:6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;
Eph 6:7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:
Eph 6:8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
Eph 6:9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.

Exo 13:2 Sanctify unto me all the firstborn, whatsoever openeth the womb among the children of Israel, both of man and of beast: it is mine.

Exo 29:43 And there I will meet with the children of Israel, and the tabernacle shall be sanctified by my glory.

Jhn 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Jhn 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Jde 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Exo 8:22 And I will sever in that day the land of Goshen, in which my people dwell, that no swarms of flies shall be there; to the end thou mayest know that I am the LORD in the midst of the earth.

Exo 10:28 And Pharaoh said unto him, Get thee from me, take heed to thyself, see my face no more; for in that day thou seest my face thou shalt die.

Deu 31:18 And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods.

1Sa 3:12 In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end.

Isa 4:2 In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.

Isa 10:20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them; but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

Jhn 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Isa 10:27 And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

His burden, his yoke.. who is his? Moses?

Isa 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Glorious..

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry I have to put this here..

Jan 18 2018 21:20:29 (EST)
Fight, Fight, Fight.
DEMAND public disclosure.
BE LOUD.
BE HEARD.
This is just the beginning.
2018 WILL BE GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Q

Aug 28 2018 18:05:40 (EST)
>>2772799
Patriot -
A little perspective…
Patriots are dying to defend this great country and the FREEDOM she provides.
Children are being kidnapped, tortured, raped, and sacrificed in the name of PURE EVIL.
Stay the course.
We are FIGHTING a deeply entrenched enemy.
Think LISA BARSOOMIAN (Smile).
2018 WILL BE GLORIOUS.
Q

Who Is Lisa Barsoomian? Everything To Know About Rod Rosenstein’s Wife
Who Is Lisa Barsoomian? Everything To Know About Rod Rosenstein’s Wife | Wiki Project

DlTKJi7VsAAr613

In 2017 and 2018, the FBI’s investigation into possible electoral collusion between agents of the Russian state and members of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign team prompted many conspiracy theories. Some of them were clearly designed to corrode and undermine the credibility of the investigation and the integrity of those perceived as being hostile or potentially damaging to President Trump, including former Federal Bureau of Investivation director James Comey, former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, and those surrounding her, and several other Department of Justice officials, including Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Article by Snopes.. fact checkers.. mm hmm..

Did a Shadowy Conspiracy Involve ‘Purging’ the Internet of Records Relating to Lisa Barsoomian?

A conspiracy theory fomented by Roger Stone gets even basic facts wrong.
  • PUBLISHED 16 APRIL 2018
One particular theory — although it is more a cluster of speculation and innuendo than a coherent theory — went one step further, targeting former Justice Department lawyer and attorney for the National Institutes for Health Lisa Barsoomian, who is also Rod Rosenstein’s wife.

Conspiracy theorists have been speculating and alleging that a shadowy “deep state” conspiracy has forced records of and references to Barsoomian (supposedly a secret Clinton loyalist) be “purged” from the Internet. In reality, there are ample references to Barsoomian throughout the internet, and her record as an attorney remains well documented in court records over the past two decades.

Those alleging conspiracies and conflicts of interest in the fact that Barsoomian has acted as an attorney for former United States President Bill Clinton appear to understand little about the nature of a government attorney’s work — or else to be deliberately misrepresenting that reality. In March 2018, the conspiracy theorist web site Patriots4Truth.org wrote:

Barsoomian…represented Bill Clinton in 1998…You may be saying to yourself, okay who cares, who cares about the work history of this Barsoomian woman? Apparently someone does BECAUSE : Someone out there cares so much that they’ve “purged” all Barsoomian court documents for her Clinton representation in Hamburg vs. Clinton in 1998 and its appeal in 1999 from the DC District and Appeals court dockets (?) Someone out there cares so much that the internet has been “purged” of all information pertaining to Barsoomian. Historically this indicates that the individual is a protected CIA operative.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.67733/gov.uscourts.dcd.67733.1.0.pdf

It's the midnight hour for somebody...
I'm sorry if this may offend but darkness lurks everywhere and light has to shine.
I don't know what sent me here... but something is about to break.. it could be dawn.

Moving back to mid-night.
No need to respond to post.
Time will tell.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rth 3:1 Then Naomi her mother in law said unto her, My daughter, shall I not seek rest for thee, that it may be well with thee?
Rth 3:2 And now is not Boaz of our kindred, with whose maidens thou wast? Behold, he winnoweth barley to night in the threshingfloor.
Rth 3:3 Wash thyself therefore, and anoint thee, and put thy raiment upon thee, and get thee down to the floor: but make not thyself known unto the man, until he shall have done eating and drinking.
Rth 3:4 And it shall be, when he lieth down, that thou shalt mark the place where he shall lie, and thou shalt go in, and uncover his feet, and lay thee down; and he will tell thee what thou shalt do.
Rth 3:5 And she said unto her, All that thou sayest unto me I will do.
Rth 3:6 And she went down unto the floor, and did according to all that her mother in law bade her.
Rth 3:7 And when Boaz had eaten and drunk, and his heart was merry, he went to lie down at the end of the heap of corn: and she came softly, and uncovered his feet, and laid her down.
Rth 3:8 And it came to pass at midnight, that the man was afraid, and turned himself: and, behold, a woman lay at his feet.
Rth 3:9 And he said, Who art thou? And she answered, I am Ruth thine handmaid: spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid; for thou art a near kinsman.
Rth 3:10 And he said, Blessed be thou of the LORD, my daughter: for thou hast shewed more kindness in the latter end than at the beginning, inasmuch as thou followedst not young men, whether poor or rich.
Rth 3:11 And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou requirest: for all the city of my people doth know that thou art a virtuous woman.
Rth 3:12 And now it is true that I am thy near kinsman: howbeit there is a kinsman nearer than I.
Rth 3:13 Tarry this night, and it shall be in the morning, that if he will perform unto thee the part of a kinsman, well; let him do the kinsman's part: but if he will not do the part of a kinsman to thee, then will I do the part of a kinsman to thee, as the LORD liveth: lie down until the morning.
Rth 3:14 And she lay at his feet until the morning: and she rose up before one could know another. And he said, Let it not be known that a woman came into the floor.
Rth 3:15 Also he said, Bring the vail that thou hast upon thee, and hold it. And when she held it, he measured six measures of barley, and laid it on her: and she went into the city.
Rth 3:16And when she came to her mother in law, she said, Who art thou, my daughter? And she told her all that the man had done to her.
Rth 3:17And she said, These six measures of barley gave he me; for he said to me, Go not empty unto thy mother in law.
Rth 3:18Then said she, Sit still, my daughter, until thou know how the matter will fall: for the man will not be in rest, until he have finished the thing this day.

Gen 49:10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

Sceptre:
rod, staff, branch, offshoot, club, sceptre, tribe

Num 24:17 I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre H7626 shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.

Jer 10:16 The portion of Jacob is not like them: for he is the former of all things; and Israel is the rod H7626 of his inheritance: The LORD of hosts is his name.

Rth 2:1 And Naomi had a kinsman of her husband's, a mighty man of wealth, of the family of Elimelech; and his name was Boaz.

Elimelech = "my God is king"

ʼĔlîymelek, el-ee-meh'-lek; from H410 and H4428; God of (the) king; Elimelek, an Israelite:—Elimelech.

ʼêl, ale; shortened from H352; strength; as adjective, mighty; especially the Almighty (but used also of any deity):—God (god), × goodly, × great, idol, might(-y one), power, strong. Compare names in '-el.'

melek, meh'-lek; from H4427; a king:—king, royal

Rth 4:9 And Boaz said unto the elders, and unto all the people, Ye are witnesses this day, that I have bought all that was Elimelech's, H458 and all that was Chilion's and Mahlon's, of the hand of Naomi.

Boaz = "fleetness"
ancestor of David, kinsman-redeemer to Ruth, daughter-in-law of Naomi
name of the left of two brazen pillars, 18 cubits high, erected in the porch of Solomon's temple

Rth 2:4 And, behold, Boaz H1162 came from Bethlehem, and said unto the reapers, The LORD be with you. And they answered him, The LORD bless thee.

Rth 2:11 And Boaz H1162 answered and said unto her, It hath fully been shewed me, all that thou hast done unto thy mother in law since the death of thine husband: and how thou hast left thy father and thy mother, and the land of thy nativity, and art come unto a people which thou knewest not heretofore.

Mat 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

read all your wonderful post here. Still I’m not settled on the virgins. ‘Wise’ varies as in He takes the foolish to confound the wise. It is not you but me. Kind of like your recent battle with Paul. Not asking you to convince me and I’m not trying to convince you. I just don’t see how the wise ...if their oil (light) was the light of Christ ... they wouldn’t give to those who didn't NOT ask for light, but DID ASK for light ‘to go out to meet the bridegroom’. The wise didn’t give for fear there would not be enough light ‘Christ’ for them and another. Not to mention all the countless verses of giving to him who lacks. Even the ‘depart I never knew you’ in the you didn’t visit me in prison, you didn’t give me food when I was hungry, you didn’t give me water when I was thirsty, or clothe me when I was naked’ the ‘doing’ in when He comes being toward those who lack. Instead a hoarding up of seek after your own and not the things of another's. Not ‘I will gladly spend and be spent by you, although the more I love you the less I be loved.’ Paul said it but it could have easily been said by Jesus Christ as well. ‘Gladly I will spend and be spent by you. Though the more I love ...the less I be loved.’ Proverbs 16:8 Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right.
...better is a little with Christ than great revenues without Him.
With but they lacked opportunity...was not the share your light with us ...opportunity for Christ to increase? Why would God oppose giving to a brother on need or without?

Another struggle is the one son who wasted all his living on rioting and joined himself to that country eating husk ...he would have been as those foolish who ‘wasted it’ maybe to come and knock, crying “I am without”! Then the command if you hear a knock, open it...with He who doesn’t love his brother hasn't heard the voice of he who knocks. ‘I am without’! I stand and knock...open!

2 Corinthians 6:11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart (Christ)is enlarged.

John 13:7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

Luke 22:55-57 And when they had kindled a fire in the midst of the hall, and were set down together, Peter sat down among them. [56] But a certain maid beheld him as he sat by the fire, and earnestly looked upon him, and said, This man was also with him. [57] And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the midnight hour...if as I read somewhere in the link posted on another thread by @Heart2Soul the midnight hour is the sixth hour...the veil was rent .

Long but beautiful: John 4:6-28 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey,(consider the one on lending for a friend has come to me on his journey) Jesus therefore, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour. (Midnight maybe fits with all the ‘why did the woman come in darkness to the well?’)7] There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. [8] (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.)sounds very familiar to go to those who ‘buy and sell’ [9] Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. [10] Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. [11] The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? [12] Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? [13] Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: [14] But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. [15] The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw. [16] Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. [17] The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: [18] For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly. [19] The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. [20] Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. [21] Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. [22] Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. [23] But the hour cometh,(at that midnight hour?) and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. [24] God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. [25] The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. [26] Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he. [27] And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her? [28] The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men,...

for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 25:9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
Mat 25:10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Maybe if they had waited for the bridegroom, even though they had no oil, he would have had mercy, because they waited on the Lord.
Instead they left to buy oil for themselves, thus missing the invitation to the wedding.

Mat 26:6 Now when Jesus was in Bethany, in the house of Simon the leper,
Mat 26:7 There came unto him a woman having an alabaster box of very precious ointment, and poured it on his head, as he sat at meat.
Mat 26:8 But when his disciples saw it, they had indignation, saying, To what purpose is this waste?
Mat 26:9 For this ointment might have been sold for much, and given to the poor.
Mat 26:10 When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me.
Mat 26:11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

Pro 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

Mat 14:14 And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick.
Mat 14:15 And when it was evening, his disciples came to him, saying, This is a desert place, and the time is now past; send the multitude away, that they may go into the villages, and buy themselves victuals.
Mat 14:16 But Jesus said unto them, They need not depart; give ye them to eat .
Mat 14:17 And they say unto him, We have here but five loaves, and two fishes.
Mat 14:18 He said, Bring them hither to me.
Mat 14:19 And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
Mat 14:20 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.
Mat 14:21 And they that had eaten were about five thousand men, beside women and children.

I know many won't agree with the way I see things.
Jesus hmm how shall I put this, He is the enemy inside the gates.
Not to those that hear him but to those that don't.
I find a lot of his parables are rather mocking the establishment while at the same time teaching good instructions to his followers.
Many just like to hear the gentle easy flow, but neglect to hear the criticism he gives to those who "believe" they are "wise" in their own eyes.

and the door was shut.

Rev 3:8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Who is Jesus telling these parables to?

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Mat 12:39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

I believe Jesus is a sheep among wolves of his own company.
How many betrayed him?
How many left him?
Who stayed? How many?

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

This is like the children in the wilderness with Moses. And no matter how many miracles they witnessed, they didn't believe.
I believe the NT is the let's say, reality of the shadow of the OT.
What happened then, happened in Jesus' day, is happening now.
There is no new thing under the sun.

"It is not you but me. Kind of like your recent battle with Paul. Not asking you to convince me and I’m not trying to convince you. "

It's something we all have to settle in ourselves. All we can do is share our different perspectives. The ways in which each is given to hear.
We've all been taught to believe the same thing through many generations.
I guess I'm a non-conformist or non-compliant if you will.
I see light where others see darkness, I see darkness where others see light.
Sometimes we see the same thing.
I'm not appologizing for questioning so called "authority" and neither should anyone else.
You can ask me anything.. I won't be offended.
But I could say a lot of things that would probably offend many.
A lot of times I just move along and find another place to dig. Because sometimes you dig deep enough you may find an answer your not hoping to find.
I can not carry on with the midnight thread without running into serious questions.
And I know if I open certain cans of worms all holy hell will break loose.
Do I refrain for the sake of others or do I go find another place that won't cause controversy and division?
I tried 3 times last night to post about the Son of David..
I had to keep deleting it because I know people don't want to walk where I walk.
They don't want to question what I question.
If the Truth shall set you free, why are so many afraid to search for it?
Will it shatter your faith? Is your foundation made of sand or on the Rock?
If it is upon the Rock nothing will move you.
I place my faith in God not men. Any men. Even the ones writing the very book we find the truth in.
The bible is God's word. There is truth in it. Some truth's are hard to hear.
Anywhoo.
I think the foolosh are Jesus' disciples and the wise are the thousands that stayed to listen and not try to send others away to buy their own salvation.
They are so sure of themselves.. I'm not so sure of them.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was midnight while Jesus was preaching in the very world in which he created.
They just didn't know what time it was.
Do we?

It was mid-night when God was walking in the garden in the "cool" of the day. And they hid themselves.
It was mid-night for Pharoah when He denied the True God and refused to set the prisoners free.
It was mid-night for Nebuchadnezzar when He praised himself for the Kingdom he thought He had built.
It was mid-night when David committed adultery and God took his firstborn son.

And the evening and the morning were the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, Day.
And on the 7th day God rested and gave refreshment and grace and truth and peace and love to those who love him.

It's midnight..

Hugs

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was midnight while Jesus was preaching in the very world in which he created.
They just didn't know what time it was.
Do we?

It was mid-night when God was walking in the garden in the "cool" of the day. And they hid themselves.
It was mid-night for Pharoah when He denied the True God and refused to set the prisoners free.
It was mid-night for Nebuchadnezzar when He praised himself for the Kingdom he thought He had built.
It was mid-night when David committed adultery and God took his firstborn son.

And the evening and the morning were the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, Day.
And on the 7th day God rested and gave refreshment and grace and truth and peace and love to those who love him.

It's midnight..

Hugs
Amen! It is time to celebrate Jesus return coming soon!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's midnight but what day?

On the first Day God said Let there be Light. On the first Day Jesus rose from the dead.
The world was in darkness except for a handful that were waiting and watching for the Messiah.
These were scattered arround the world. The wise men who saw the star. The prophets like Eli that was waiting for the promise.
Some of the disciples that heard that he had come. John that bare witness to the Light.
The woman at the well, the blind and lame that called out his name.
But the rest of the world lay in darkness.

There have been times thrughout history that have had their spiritual dark times.
The days when people chose to abandon God and lean towards science, technology, industry..
How many nights have we come through since that first day the Light was reborn into the world?
And with that light came a resurgence in the knowledge of God.
It is in the knowing and believing where one finds truth and salvation.

What can the days of creation show us as to what day today is?

Does anybody really know what time it is?

We also know that those days will be cut short. perhaps so the knowledge of God is never truly engulfed in darkness and ignorance of him.
This they have tried to do many times before. And they are trying to do the same today.
If you go by the thousand year rule, then we have just approached day 3.
If you go by the Jewish Calendar we are approaching day 6.

Time, times and half a time. What is time?

Time to do a study on Time.
I wonder if time, and times, and a dividing of time, have different meanings?
I probably will run into trouble again.. :(

If it offends it offends.. we just take it down and start again.
I got plenty of shovels :)
Hugs