The ministration of condemnation: Death.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t know where this will go but is: The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: (Revelation 1:1)

the same tone and language as the Old Testament? The ministration of condemnation? The ministration of death? 2 Corinthians 3:7-13
[7] But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: [8] How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? [9] For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. [10] For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. [11] For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious. [12] Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: [13] And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Don’t know where this will go but is: The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: (Revelation 1:1)

the same tone and language as the Old Testament? The ministration of condemnation? The ministration of death? 2 Corinthians 3:7-13
[7] But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: [8] How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? [9] For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. [10] For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. [11] For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious. [12] Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: [13] And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
The previous chapter says:

"To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?" (2 Corinthians 2.16)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The previous chapter says:

"To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?" (2 Corinthians 2.16)

Thank you. Great passage! 2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Will have to consider what you posted for some time...had forgotten. If I could ask you to clarify do we speak life and death? Curse and blessing? Do we speak the ministration of condemnation under the Mosiac Law and the ministration of Life created in Christ? Can you clarify?

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you. Great passage! 2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Will have to consider what you posted for some time...had forgotten. If I could ask you to clarify do we speak life and death? Curse and blessing? Do we speak the ministration of condemnation under the Mosiac Law and the ministration of Life created in Christ? Can you clarify?
As I see it, when ppl preach the Gospel, the response of some will be positive, and of others, negative. The Word of God does search the heart; those in whom the grace of God is not working reject the Gospel, in that sense, there is a savour of death unto death; but God is glorified throughout, when the Gospel is preached, whatever the response.

Reactions: Helen

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The ministration of condemnation?
Once again, you are mixing up the Scriptures. "The ministration of condemnation" simply means that when an unsaved person reads the Ten Commandments, he knows that he or she is under a death penalty. Because he or she has violated one or all of the laws of God. He stands condemned and guilty before God. And that is why he needs to hear the Gospel.

Reactions: FHII

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearer understanding in modern English

2 Corinthians 3:7-13

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,
8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?
9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!
10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory.
11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!
12 Therefore, since we have such a hope, we are very bold.
13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to prevent the Israelites from seeing the end of what was passing away.

The glory of God shown from the face of Moses temporarily after their meeting.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, you are mixing up the Scriptures. "The ministration of condemnation" simply means that when an unsaved person reads the Ten Commandments, he knows that he or she is under a death penalty. Because he or she has violated one or all of the laws of God. He stands condemned and guilty before God. And that is why he needs to hear the Gospel.

Is the Revelation of Jesus Christ a curse or a blessing?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one has responded to it and is saved it is a blessing.
For those who do not respond it is a curse.

Thank you. Agree. How is it a blessing? Those saved from the curse? Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

isnt all flesh condemned and found guilty that all mouths are shut before God? Paul said another law warred to bring him back under the captivity of the curse. So with his mind he served God. But with the flesh the law of sin. (Romans 7:23-25) condemned?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't see a connection between Revelation 1:1 and 2 Corinthians 3. Perhaps the poetic nature of the verses, but other than that, I (personally) don't see a connection.

2 Cor 3 is one of my favorite chapters and one that I think is overlooked. In short it is comparing the covenant of grace through faith to the covenant of the Law, and that includes the 10 commandments.

While the Law is still good and perfect, it brings only spiritual death. I say that because you are going to die a natural death whether you follow either covenant. Yet the covenant of grace will bring everlasting life.

I also like this chapter because it clearly says the Law was abolished and done away with. Some people think it hasn't, but this chapter says otherwise. It also suggests the Law of Moses is the same as the Law of God (at least the way some try to separate the two).

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really don't see a connection between Revelation 1:1 and 2 Corinthians 3.

Thank you. this thread has definitely been a struggle for me. Even my questions come out wrong so I’m wondering if I understand the topic at all. Didn’t mean to connect Revelation 1:1 other than in 2 Corinthians 3:9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

The ministration of righteousness which is Christ? my confusion may be that to me the Revelation of Jesus Christ IS the ministration of righteousness? (Galatians 1:12) (1 Peter 1:13)

Maybe someone could explain the two ministrations? I do see they are both good.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe someone could explain the two ministrations? I do see they are both good.
1. The ministration of death is only *good* in the same way that when you are guilty of murder (or some other capital crime) and the Judge declares that you are guilty, and will face the death penalty, justice has been served. Not so good for you (since there are no appeals available).

2. On the other hand, the ministration of righteousness (the ministration of the Spirit, and the glory that excelleth) is the offer of THE GIFT of eternal life to the guilty sinner -- purely by God's grace. Not one of us deserves the mercy, grace, and loving kindness of God IN AND THROUGH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, but that is the essence of the Gospel.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TOTALLY UNRELATED TO THE TITLE AND THE ISSUE.

Really struggling to understand how you can say that. Isn’t that what is needed for everyone; the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Galatians 1:11-12
[11] But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. [12] For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it (of man), but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:17
[17] That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

1 Peter 1:13
[13] Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Now that a night has passed I’m back at, again to say none of this connects is to miss the overall Revelation of Jesus Christ every one must have in His death and resurrection, buried with Him and raised(lifted up) with Him. Paul knew all the scriptures inside and out as a Pharisee but Paul had yet to receive the Revelation of Jesus Christ which Paul said came to him and by it Paul was taught not by man but by Spirit which is of God.

2 Corinthians 3:9
[9] For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Death: buried in the likeness of His death. Romans 7:10-11 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. [11] For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me . —which is good blind eyes(deceived) opened to Life: the New Creature created in Christ:
...ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Baptism into His death and raised to walk in newness of Life=The Revelation of Jesus Christ.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. The ministration of death is only *good* in the same way that when you are guilty of murder (or some other capital crime) and the Judge declares that you are guilty, and will face the death penalty, justice has been served. Not so good for you (since there are no appeals available).

Is it good to be buried in His death? The Old crucified? Paul said to live is Christ and to die is gain. Regardless, here you may say that Paul meant physical death. But is that all he is speaking of? Philippians 1:22
[22] But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.

Again Paul knew the scriptures yet it was all Paul’s own works that he performed minus the power of the Resurrection in an attempt to please God. religion. Sin had deceived Paul into the deception that he was righteous but the law came and slayed that vain man. Death was gain in what was crucified in Christ. Romans 7:10-12 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death. [11] For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me . [12] Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

Death and resurrection. The point was to draw out the different ministrations. Many only hear the condemnation of men and never hear the life in Christ. There are two mountains one couldn’t be approached without a dart thrust through. Then the other mount of a company of just men made perfect.2 Corinthians 5:17-18 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. [18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Reconciled us by Jesus Christ from
sinai which could not be approached, translated or transformed or transfigured unto Sion and just men made perfect in Christ(the ministry of reconciliation to the Father). Passing from death(His)into Life(His).— To live is Christ. To die is gain.

Last edited: