The Myth of saying that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another popular Myth in the religious world today, is the Jesus Christ died or gave His Life for everyone in the world without exception, but the problem with that, is there is not one shred of scripture evidence that states that.

The scripture however does say that He died for His Sheep or His Church as per Jn 10:11,15

11I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Eph 5:25

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

His People Isa 53:8

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. cp Matt 1:21

Now, are all without exception His Sheep ? No

Are all without exception His Church ? No

Are all without exception His People ? No

For surely the seed of the serpent Gen 3:15 cannot be of His Sheep, His Church, or His People.

So why does the religous world proclaim that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception, when they have no scripture proof ? Because it is a Myth.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another popular Myth in the religious world today, is the Jesus Christ died or gave His Life for everyone in the world without exception, but the problem with that, is there is not one shred of scripture evidence that states that.

The scripture however does say that He died for His Sheep or His Church as per Jn 10:11,15

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

25Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. cp Matt 1:21

For surely the seed of the serpent Gen 3:15 cannot be of His Sheep, His Church, or His People.

So why does the religous world proclaim that Jesus Christ died for all men without exception, when they have no scripture proof ? Because it is a Myth.

I don't believe in limited atonement, the scripture makes it clear that the call is for "whosoever will."

When you tell someone that Jesus died for their sins, do you screen that person as to whether they are called by God to salvation?

No you don't! You tell everyone that Christ died for their sins. That is the principle of Christ dying for the sins of the whole world.

We are to give the Gospel to everyone, then let God take it from there.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Jesus bore away in His body the sin of the world.

So yes, without exception.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus died for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2), He was ransomed for all men (1 Timothy 2:6). God wills that all men be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4). He is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9).

It is simply false teaching to teach that "all" doesn't mean all.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you here just to troll and stir up the pot? "Not a shred of evidence" when the Bible is crystal clear. It would be a total waste of time saying anything more.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Your assertion indicates that you do not know the scriptures or the power of God!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in limited atonement, the scripture makes it clear that the call is for "whosoever will."

When you tell someone that Jesus died for their sins, do you screen that person as to whether they are called by God to salvation?

No you don't! You tell everyone that Christ died for their sins. That is the principle of Christ dying for the sins of the whole world.

We are to give the Gospel to everyone, then let God take it from there.
I never tell anyone Christ died for their sins, neither did the Apostles. I simply tell people who it is Christ died for, His Sheep, and what His death accomplished for them. You should only tell people Christ died for the sins of His People Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Or His Sheep Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Or His Church Eph 5:25-27

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

That way you tell them the Truth !

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 1:29
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Jesus bore away in His body the sin of the world.

So yes, without exception.

Much love!
It doesnt say without exception, but the world

Reactions: reformed1689

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are u saying I didnt provide scripture ?
No. You are simply TWISTING Scripture. Regarding John 1:29, I have already posted John Calvin's commentary on that verse in the thread titled Calvinism vs Arminianism, and Calvin himself had to admit that this verse talks about THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD. The human race. All human beings without exception.

So go ahead, read Calvin's commentary, and then weep for yourself and all those who have been deceived by Calvin (later on). Even though Calvin knew exactly what was in Scripture (and not just here) he chose to pervert the Gospel. Just as you have chosen to come on board in order to pervert the Gospel. Which is an extremely serious matter.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never tell anyone Christ died for their sins, neither did the Apostles. I simply tell people who it is Christ died for, His Sheep, and what His death accomplished for them. You should only tell people Christ died for the sins of His People Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Or His Sheep Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Or His Church Eph 5:25-27

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

That way you tell them the Truth !

1Jn. 2:2

"And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. You are simply TWISTING Scripture. Regarding John 1:29, I have already posted John Calvin's commentary on that verse in the thread titled Calvinism vs Arminianism, and Calvin himself had to admit that this verse talks about THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD. The human race. All human beings without exception.

So go ahead, read Calvin's commentary, and then weep for yourself and all those who have been deceived by Calvin (later on). Even though Calvin knew exactly what was in Scripture (and not just here) he chose to pervert the Gospel. Just as you have chosen to come on board in order to pervert the Gospel. Which is an extremely serious matter.
Thats error. The world is the Sheep, or the Church. Not everyone without exception. Jesus didnt pray for everyone without exception either Jn 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

Calvin in error on that point if thats what he wrote

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats the Church, the Sheep.

Matters little to me if you don't believe Christ died for the sins of the whole world.

John plainly said it, and there are many here who know it's true!

Take that junk somewhere else!

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

1 John 2:2
He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

Hebrews 10:10

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit,

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 6:10
For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God.

Reactions: 101G

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would suggest you go back and read those scriptures again as apparently in your haste you missed a few things.

I would likewise suggest you take a look at the following two blog post on this site, they will shed some needed light.

The Ransom and Limited Atonement, True or False?

Reactions: michaelvpardo

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 6:10
For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God.
All them refer the Sheep or the Elect