THE NATURAL CONSEQUENCE OF OUR SINFUL NATURES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The natural consequence of our sinful natures – being a sinner – is that we would be forever separated from God. But the benefit of becoming a saint –repenting of our sinful nature and asking Jesus into our lives – is that we will never again be separated from God. He has become our Father and we his children. This means that we are already saints living in eternity and we have the deep assurance that we will be with God forever.

God will never abandon us, but if at times he seems far off it is we who have moved not God.

It saddens me when I go to a the funeral of somebody I know was not saved and hear the person conducting the service tell the relatives that their loved one is now with God in heaven. This perpetuates the belief that they don’t need to get to know Jesus as long as you have a church funeral and someone says prayers. At my church the gospel is always preached at funerals so that people will perhaps go away and later remember what was said to them about the love of Jesus.