The nature of this world

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've contemplated what heaven will be like a lot. Im sure you've all done likewise. There is not a whole lot in scripture about what heaven will literally be like. I do love 1 Corinthians 2:9 and meditate on it joyously.

If we look at the nature of this world, we will observe that it is one of constant warfare. Selfishness permeates every recess. We war to obtain what we desire for ourselves, be it position, advancement, possessions, self-glorification, even food and other necessities. Killings, deceivings, factions, warrings, strivings, emulations, rivalries, dissentions, uprisings. We can scarcely imagine a world in which War is not the dominant nature. What men prize highly in this world is abomination in God's sight.

Eternal life with God is the exact opposite of this present evil world. The lowest servant among us is the greatest. I imagine a universe of collaboration and mutual love. But even this I find hard to truly comprehend as I am now here and not there. One day our blinders will be removed and that coming eternal age will be ushered in where Love will be the nature of reality and War will be banished into oblivion

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've contemplated what heaven will be like a lot. Im sure you've all done likewise. There is not a whole lot in scripture about what heaven will literally be like. I do love 1 Corinthians 2:9 and meditate on it joyously.

If we look at the nature of this world, we will observe that it is one of constant warfare. Selfishness permeates every recess. We war to obtain what we desire for ourselves, be it position, advancement, possessions, self-glorification, even food and other necessities. Killings, deceivings, factions, warrings, strivings, emulations, rivalries, dissentions, uprisings. We can scarcely imagine a world in which War is not the dominant nature. What men prize highly in this world is abomination in God's sight.

Eternal life with God is the exact opposite of this present evil world. The lowest servant among us is the greatest. I imagine a universe of collaboration and mutual love. But even this I find hard to truly comprehend as I am now here and not there. One day our blinders will be removed and that coming eternal age will be ushered in where Love will be the nature of reality and War will be banished into oblivion

I fully understand, heck it is hard to contemplate what it will be like here on earth after the Kingdom has came.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Bible teaches us the world is governed by Satan (1 John 5:19).