The Need to Hang With Holiness Folk

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no more true Holiness folk in my area. I believe I am going to drive down to Flovilla, GA and catch the camp meeting down there later this week.

http://indianspringscampmeeting.org/
IS-Preacher-2016-Lineup-c.jpg

Reactions: Episkopos

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can think of few things more detrimental to following Jesus than to be around "Holiness" people.
Please visit the web site and understand the variety. These folks also encourage casual dress in the meetings.

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that Pentecostal Holiness? I went to a couple of them in the past where I was told it is possible for me to lose my salvation. After some study of the Scriptures, I learned the truth about Eternal Security.

Reactions: Willie T

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that Pentecostal Holiness? I went to a couple of them in the past where I was told it is possible for me to lose my salvation. After some study of the Scriptures, I learned the truth about Eternal Security.

This is more of the original Methodist Holiness.... http://indianspringscampmeeting.org/

We Believe…

Scripture: The Bible is the divinely inspired word of God, providing authoritative guidance for every challenge and experience of life.
Salvation: All are under the penalty of sin, but God’s redemptive plan provides salvation for everyone who believes in Jesus Christ.
Sanctification: Sanctification is a second definite work of grace following salvation, which cleanses our hearts from the power of sin, and continues as a process of growing more Christ-like in everyday living.
The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit provides the sanctified believer the power to grow more like Christ in his daily walk.

Reactions: Hope in God

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are no more true Holiness folk in my area. I believe I am going to drive down to Flovilla, GA and catch the camp meeting down there later this week.

Home
IS-Preacher-2016-Lineup-c.jpg

Wise company brings wisdom.

Proverbs 13:20
He who walks with wise men will be wise,
But the companion of fools will be destroyed.

Of course by holiness we don't mean a movement that is from men....but real holiness before God.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
RW Schambach would recommend holiness... And then go on to say in one sermon, "There are a lot of devils in those Holiness churches." So it is important to stress the variety of Holiness taught here, which I believe this gathering is a good type of Holiness. In which this one is more of the 1800's variety of late Methodist Holiness, less the dress code of the times... http://indianspringscampmeeting.org/about-us/history-heritage/

We Believe…

Scripture: The Bible is the divinely inspired word of God, providing authoritative guidance for every challenge and experience of life.
Salvation: All are under the penalty of sin, but God’s redemptive plan provides salvation for everyone who believes in Jesus Christ.
Sanctification: Sanctification is a second definite work of grace following salvation, which cleanses our hearts from the power of sin, and continues as a process of growing more Christ-like in everyday living.
The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit provides the sanctified believer the power to grow more like Christ in his daily walk.

And also has a reasonable dress code....

What Should I Wear? Our activities and worship services are held in open air ‘tabernacles’. So casual, modest attire is appropriate for all services and activities, particularly in and around the Main Tabernacle. Bathing suits should be worn only in the recreational areas.

Suggested for Women: Skirts, summer dresses, slacks; please avoid halter tops, shorts or backless dresses.
Suggested for Men: Slacks, jeans and khakis (suits and ties are not necessary).

Reactions: GodsGrace

Hope in God

May 29, 2019
TAMPA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is more of the original Methodist Holiness.... Home

We Believe…

Simple and scriptural. If the understanding is there that it does not yet appear that we are like Christ, but one day, when He appears, we shall be like Him, then it is nicely balanced. I was once a member of a United Pentecostal church, with an extreme holiness ideology, way back in the early 70s, during those first days when I was newly saved. The pastor said I should get my hair cut short, not grow any facial hair, dress more formally for services, and when we had outings at the lake where we swam, the women stayed exclusively with the women on one side of the lake while the men were on the opposite side. No swimming trunks were permitted. They also believed in "praying through", one of their common terms used to describe pleading and "tarrying" at the altar for the baptism.

Reactions: rockytopva

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went to the camp meeting.... Reliefs....

1. All the duct work does a good job keeping the place cool
2. Dressing standards - See one gentleman there in shorts!
3. Everyone there was friendly
4. Well organized
5. Good food
6. Typical old fashion service - Singing, preaching, altar call, and good fellowship afterwards.
7. Well attended - This photo was well before service

I may have some video footage later.

309692_9713cb1bff6547ece19302b31f4dae92.jpg

Reactions: GodsGrace