The need to test everything is clearly seen in the results from ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
various revivals (so-called) around the world for the last few thousand years...
Since the majority of people around the world are not Christian,
therefore it follows that the majority of revivals ('festivals'?) ('celebrations'?) are not Christian.

By claiming the name Christian , though, some false teachers gained notoriety, fame, and a lot of money (that they later lost, of course) ...

One recent example was written about by

#14 - OzSpen
Testament - Authorship of the Book of Hebrews - Women in ministry in church history I will not support Toronto 'Blessing' and Pensacola 'Blessing' with grown people crawling around on the floor in the meetings and barking like dogs. In ...

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE="OzSpen, post: 742096, member: 6750"]I do not have enough contemporary experience with the Charismatic Renewal because the excesses have repelled me. I would love to go to a Pentecostal/Charismatic church that taught the Bible and was open to the full range of the gifts of the Spirit - without chaotic manifestations.

It grieves me to have to write like this. I came into the Charismatic movement in the 1970s when it was vibrant (but I heard a few preachers who should have done more study before they entered the pulpit).

I am so concerned about the false doctrine being perpetrated in some of these churches. You might be interested in a few articles I've written to address these issues:
Thanks to the powerful Hillsong movement in Australia, I hear a lot of shallow theology, and contemporary music with shallow lyrics and melodies that are meant to be performed and are not singable by the congregation.

See my article: Contemporary music in church to the lyrics of spiritual death

The Charismatic movement in this country is focussed on 'leadership' instead of training pastors in pastoral care and solid preaching. That's not just a problem of Charismatic churches but of many evangelical churches.[/QUOTE

He aimed to build up, to teach, to edify the body of Christ, not just to expose the dangerous deceptions :

QUOTE="OzSpen, post: 742127, member: 6750"]I'm a Christian apologist, polemicist and teacher by gifting. Therefore, you'll find all kinds of articles on my website. Some of these articles will critique teachings of some people. I'm a watchman. Do the following articles point out people's faults?
I will not support Toronto 'Blessing' and Pensacola 'Blessing' with grown people crawling around on the floor in the meetings and barking like dogs. In my view, a church that promotes that behaviour is an abomination before God.[/QUOTE

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most everything when tested, if tested, is shown to be false, untrue, a lie, throughout all the world.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Most everything when tested, if tested, is shown to be false, untrue, a lie, throughout all the world.

And I suppose that is not true with your published understanding on all things?

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone." (Based on the passage John 8:1-12.)

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And I suppose that is not true with your published understanding on all things?

"Let him who is without sin cast the first stone." (Based on the passage John 8:1-12.)

Jay,

That is a very unkind retort. Much of my Christian life and ministry has been spent in discerning false teaching from the truth of Scripture. Within the Pentecostal false teachings there are many sound teachings. However, when the wheat is mixed with the chaff, we have to be as wise as serpents in separating the wheat from the chaff.

What is meant by this statement? 'Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true' (Acts 17:11 NIV).

If it was necessary for the Bereans to check Paul's message against Scripture, surely that also applies to the teachings of all posters on this forum!

Blessings,
Oz