THE NEW COVENANT FOR ISRAEL

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

Israel will be brought into the land, and at that time, God will fulfill the new covenant promised them.

God will, by the new covenant, cause the remnant of Israel to keep his commandments in the kingdom on earth:

Deuteronomy 30:8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ezekiel 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The New Covenant is for all.
That is why Jesus told the apostles to "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation" (Mk 16:15) and "make disciples of all nations" (Mt 28:19)

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Covenant indeed is for ALL peoples.

That is why the actual meaning of God writing His laws in the hearts and minds is about the giving of The Holy Spirit Comforter as inner Guide. If we be in Christ, and are getting ready to mess up, The Holy Spirit will give us warning, like an urge to not do it. The more we listen and heed The Holy Spirit, the stronger His Presence in us. Don't listen and heed, and we begin to tear down the bridge with Him, and He will leaves us to our own devices, or bring His rod upon us if He has a calling for us.

Reactions: Mungo

BOWnQUIVER

Jul 7, 2020
catskills
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why Jesus told the apostles to "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation" (Mk 16:15) and "make disciples of all nations" (Mt 28:19)

Im not sure but i think Doug was pointing to a covenant that has not yet arrived

Deuteronomy 30:4-8 (KJV)
4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:
5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.
6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
7 And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.
8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Doug

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im not sure but i think Doug was pointing to a covenant that has not yet arrived

Deuteronomy 30:4-8 (KJV)
4 If any of thine be driven out unto the outmost parts of heaven, from thence will the LORD thy God gather thee, and from thence will he fetch thee:
5 And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers.
6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.
7 And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.
8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

Although The New Covenant does also include the future time when Jesus comes to restore the two houses of Israel back to their lands of promise, that is because The New Covenant is also known as the "everlasting covenant" of Genesis 17 first given to Abraham, and is covered as the Promise from God among the OT prophets too, and continuing all the way into eternity.

But what those like @Doug is preaching is men's doctrine of Hyper-Dispensationalism, which seeks to divide The Gospel into two separate gospels, one for the Jews, and another for Gentiles. What Apostle Paul actually taught was that he and Peter had separate 'administrations' of the one Gospel of Jesus Christ, not that there could ever be more than one gospel.

They don't recognize the Book of Hebrews as including anything meant for believing Gentiles, which is Biblical illiteracy and just about a group of men that have followed John Darby's pre-trib rapture and dispensationalism theories, and then added to them. So really Hyper-Dispensationalism is just a theory based on junk with more junk pilled on top.

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although The New Covenant does also include the future time when Jesus comes to restore the two houses of Israel back to their lands of promise, that is because The New Covenant is also known as the "everlasting covenant" of Genesis 17 first given to Abraham, and is covered as the Promise from God among the OT prophets too, and continuing all the way into eternity.

But what those like @Doug is preaching is men's doctrine of Hyper-Dispensationalism, which seeks to divide The Gospel into two separate gospels, one for the Jews, and another for Gentiles. What Apostle Paul actually taught was that he and Peter had separate 'administrations' of the one Gospel of Jesus Christ, not that there could ever be more than one gospel.

They don't recognize the Book of Hebrews as including anything meant for believing Gentiles, which is Biblical illiteracy and just about a group of men that have followed John Darby's pre-trib rapture and dispensationalism theories, and then added to them. So really Hyper-Dispensationalism is just a theory based on junk with more junk pilled on top.
or could be saying that the jews will have that promised new Covenant when Jesus returns to set it up, as they will receive him as their messiah then?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

Israel will be brought into the land, and at that time, God will fulfill the new covenant promised them.

God will, by the new covenant, cause the remnant of Israel to keep his commandments in the kingdom on earth:

Deuteronomy 30:8 And thou shalt return and obey the voice of the LORD, and do all his commandments which I command thee this day.

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Ezekiel 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
Agreed!

:)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes indeed, @Mungo...

Ephesians 3:6 says it clearly enough.

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed, @Mungo...

Ephesians 3:6 says it clearly enough.
The promise can be found in Galatians 3:14....the promise that Gentiles would be justified by faith (Galatians 3:8-9).....the promise is obtained by faith in Christ and the gospel.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or could be saying that the jews will have that promised new Covenant when Jesus returns to set it up, as they will receive him as their messiah then?

That is what Zechariah 12 and Romans 11 hints at, i.e., that many of the unbelieving Jews will admit their error when Lord Jesus does appear, and then they will believe on Jesus. However, along with that idea is written their state of shame for having rejected Him. The Luke 23:27-30 Scripture is an example, because that's about that very idea of being in shame when He returns in the future, which is why they, the deceived who rejected Him, will be saying instead, "Blessed are the barren...". The barren there represents Christ's faithful that wait on His return. They will be saying good things about Christ's faithful who didn't reject Him. The 'barren' (those in Christ) remained spiritually barren not falling away to worship another, which was the metaphor Apostle Paul used in 2 Corinthians 11 about staying "a chaste virgin" for Christ. It's in the spiritual worship sense.

But that still is not... another gospel. It's the same Gospel of Jesus Christ we have believed. Their difference is that per Romans 11, God has put a spiritual stupor upon the unbelieving Jews so The Gospel would go to the Gentiles, and it will remain until the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled, which isn't until Christ's return.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what Zechariah 12 and Romans 11 hints at, i.e., that many of the unbelieving Jews will admit their error when Lord Jesus does appear, and then they will believe on Jesus. However, along with that idea is written their state of shame for having rejected Him. The Luke 23:27-30 Scripture is an example, because that's about that very idea of being in shame when He returns in the future, which is why they, the deceived who rejected Him, will be saying instead, "Blessed are the barren...". The barren there represents Christ's faithful that wait on His return. They will be saying good things about Christ's faithful who didn't reject Him. The 'barren' (those in Christ) remained spiritually barren not falling away to worship another, which was the metaphor Apostle Paul used in 2 Corinthians 11 about staying "a chaste virgin" for Christ. It's in the spiritual worship sense.

But that still is not... another gospel. It's the same Gospel of Jesus Christ we have believed. Their difference is that per Romans 11, God has put a spiritual stupor upon the unbelieving Jews so The Gospel would go to the Gentiles, and it will remain until the time of the Gentiles is fulfilled, which isn't until Christ's return.
The great tribulation seems to be the time of Jacobs trouble, when God uses that period to prepare national israel to meet their God jesus at His second coming!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great tribulation seems to be the time of Jacobs trouble, when God uses that period to prepare national israel to meet their God jesus at His second coming!

Yes, that's pretty much what Jeremiah 30 is pointing to, because it speaks of the restoration of the house of Judah and house of Israel, which that didn't happen in Jeremiah's day.

A mystery with the below admonition by God to Israel is though He said He will save them (those of them that believe), yet He will not leave them altogether unpunished for what they had done. Thus the unbelievers of Israel will stand in judgment throughout Christ's future 1,000 years reign in Jerusalem. Lord Jesus even showed in Revelation 3:9 that He will make those of the "synagogue of Satan" to come worship Him at the feet of His elect of the Church of Philadelphia, which will happen only in His future Millennial reign.

Jer 30:6-11
6 Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness?
7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble; but he shall be saved out of it.
8 For it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will break his yoke from off thy neck, and will burst thy bonds, and strangers shall no more serve themselves of him:
9 But they shall serve the LORD their God, and David their king, whom I will raise up unto them.
10 Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid.
11 For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.
KJV

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hi I like your post
How does replacement theology apply to this? Thanks

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For those who believe men's doctrine that the Church will reign from Heaven...

How is this below going to be possible if Christ's Church is in Heaven, because the wicked "synagogue of Satan" certainly will not be in Heaven? Jesus said the below to the Church of Philadelphia...

Rev 3:9
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

KJV

And we certainly know that event has never happened yet to this day, and is for the time of Christ's future Millennial reign.

Revelation 22:14-15 and Ezekiel 44:23-25 reveals how they will do that.

Here are more future prophetic Scriptures on this point...

Isa 49:22-23
22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up Mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up My standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
23 And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for Me.
KJV

Isa 14:1-2
14:1 For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will yet choose Israel, and set them in their own land: and the strangers shall be joined with them, and they shall cleave to the house of Jacob.
2 And the people shall take them, and bring them to their place: and the house of Israel shall possess them in the land of the LORD for servants and handmaids: and they shall take them captives, whose captives they were; and they shall rule over their oppressors.
KJV

So if that's about Israel that does that over the wicked after Christ's return, which it is, then why did Jesus say He is going to make the "synagogue of Satan" to come worship at their feet, since He was speaking to the Church of Philadelphia, and not Israel according to Pre-tribulationists???

DaChaser

Sep 10, 2020
Macomb Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Replacement theology tries to apply the new covenant to the church today, the body of Christ.
It states actually that the Church is now spiritual Israel, as God no longer has any dealing with national israel, just spiritual one!
All of thre blessings and promises given to israel in OT now applies to the Church!

Reactions: Doug