The New Covenant

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I have been reading through several threads, catching up on the weeks entries I have missed while my computer was under repair. The last one I read through, started by @marks:- Faithful and Just to Forgive . . . - brought to mind the subject of the New Covenant, which was brought into the discussion between @marks and @CharismaticLady.

I do not believe that the church which is the Body of Christ, being called out during this dispensation, is in a covenant relationship with God. For the new covenant, as with the old covenant will be made with Israel.

What are your thoughts concerning this?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Nancy

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there,

I have been reading through several threads, catching up on the weeks entries I have missed while my computer was under repair. The last one I read through, started by @marks:- Faithful and Just to Forgive . . . - brought to mind the subject of the New Covenant, which was brought into the discussion between @marks and @CharismaticLady.

I do not believe that the church which is the Body of Christ, being called out during this dispensation, is in a covenant relationship with God. For the new covenant, as with the old covenant will be made with Israel.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
Curious, if we are not in covenant relationship, what type of relationship are we in?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there,

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi Chris, are you speaking about "the Body of Christ, being called out during this dispensation" the "rapture" theory? Good point as, Israel will still be here...?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chris, are you speaking about "the Body of Christ, being called out during this dispensation" the "rapture" theory? Good point as, Israel will still be here...?
Hi @Nancy,

That was not the thought in my mind, but I thank you for raising it, for until 'The Body of Christ' is taken up, Israel cannot take it's prior place once more, as we know will happen in the purpose of God. For at present in the One Body of 'the unity of the Spirit' the believing Jew and Gentile are an equality, as joint partakers of the grace of God in Christ Jesus. Israel as a nation being Lo-ammi, 'Not My People' at this present time.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Nancy

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there,

In Christ Jesus
Chris

You are correct in your assertion that the New Covenant is to be (future tense) made with Israel and not with the Church, however where you err is in assuming that the Church (those fully consecrated) is not in covenant relationship with God.

All who have fully consecrated themselves to the LORD are in covenant relationship with the Father, NOT in the New Covenant but rather in a covenant of sacrifice, following in the Master's footsteps. Even now such are being gathered together in mutual appreciation of that covenant with God.

"Gather My servants together to Me, those who have made a covenant to Me by sacrifice" (Psa 50:5), those who have taken the Apostle admonition and who have presented their bodies to Me a living sacrifice (fully justified through Christ Jesus), and thus holy and acceptable. (Rom 12:1)

I would suggest the following blog post "The Mediator and the New Covenant" for a more through understanding on the matter of the New Covenant for all who are interested.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Nancy,

That was not the thought in my mind, but I thank you for raising it, for until 'The Body of Christ' is taken up, Israel cannot take it's prior place once more, as we know will happen in the purpose of God. For at present in the One Body of 'the unity of the Spirit' the believing Jew and Gentile are an equality, as joint partakers of the grace of God in Christ Jesus. Israel as a nation being Lo-ammi, 'Not My People' at this present time.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hello @David Taylor,

Thank you for responding. It is with the Lord Jesus Christ that covenant was made. Our relationship with God is through Him, and in Him.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

"until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled" seem to go along with the dispensation you mentioned...you are pretty above my head in many areas my friend :)

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled" seem to go along with the dispensation you mentioned...you are pretty above my head in many areas my friend :)

The "Times of the Gentiles" otherwise referred to as the 2520 years has already been reached, see the following blog post, "The Times of the Gentiles" for a more thorough examination on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Curious, if we are not in covenant relationship, what type of relationship are we in?
Hello @David Taylor,

Thank you for responding. It is with the Lord Jesus Christ that covenant (or promise) was made, before the foundation of the world, relating to the calling of The Church which is His Body, which is the promise of life (Titus 1:2) Our relationship with God is through Him, and in Him.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you.

Hello @Philip James,

Israel are associated with a covenant, Old and New. Believing Gentiles during the Acts were blessed with faithful Abraham, but by nature and in the flesh Gentiles were strangers from the covenant of promise: and in the teaching concerning the Church which is the Body of Christ no covenant of any description is known.

We today have the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus, promised before the world began (Titus 1:2). This is the only promise we are given, but there are such wondrous blessing associated with it.

Praise God!

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @Nancy,

No, just have a different way of expressing things I think.

I don't know whether the ending of 'the times of the Gentiles', coincides with the up-call of the Church which is Christ's Body, but I will look into it.

Thank you my friend.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Stan B and Nancy

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The "Times of the Gentiles" other wise referred to as the 2520 years has already been reached, see the following blog post, "The Times of the Gentiles" for a more through examination on this.
Hello @Harvest 1874,

I would dispute that claim, but am not currently in a position to argue the point. However I believe that the times of the Gentiles are still in place, surely present day happenings in themselves are a proof of that.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: ScottA and Nancy

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Harvest 1874,

I would dispute that claim, but am not currently in a position to argue the point. However I believe that the times of the Gentiles are still in place, surely present day happenings in themselves are a proof of that.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

You need to read the post, where you're argument is answered.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are correct in your assertion that the New Covenant is to be (future tense) made with Israel and not with the Church, however where you err is in assuming that the Church (those fully consecrated) is not in covenant relationship with God.

All who have fully consecrated themselves to the LORD are in covenant relationship with the Father, NOT in the New Covenant but rather in a covenant of sacrifice, following in the Master's footsteps. Even now such are being gathered together in mutual appreciation of that covenant with God.

"Gather My servants together to Me, those who have made a covenant to Me by sacrifice" (Psa 50:5), those who have taken the Apostle admonition and who have presented their bodies to Me a living sacrifice (fully justified through Christ Jesus), and thus holy and acceptable. (Rom 12:1)

I would suggest the following blog post "The Mediator and the New Covenant" for a more through understanding on the matter of the New Covenant for all who are interested.
Hello Harvest 1874,

Thank you for your input, but I cannot agree with you I'm afraid.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: ScottA

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Israel are associated with a covenant, Old and New

Hello charity,

The Lord wed His people Israel as He promised He would do.

What astounding Grace, what mercy, that we gentiles have been welcomed into that union.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello charity,

The Lord wed His people Israel as He promised He would do.
What astounding Grace, what mercy, that we gentiles have been welcomed into that union.
You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!
Hello @Philip James,

Thank you Philip, but on what Scriptural basis do you say that the Lord has (past tense) wed His people Israel?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I do not believe that the church which is the Body of Christ, being called out during this dispensation, is in a covenant relationship with God.
Well you are clearly mistaken. So you might want to dig deeper.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @Philip James,

Thank you Philip, but on what Scriptural basis do you say that the Lord has (past tense) wed His people Israel?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi charity,

John 3:29
The one who has the bride is the bridegroom; the best man, who stands and listens for him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom's voice. So this joy of mine has been made complete.

Eph 5:32-33
"For this reason a man shall leave (his) father and (his) mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh."

This is a great mystery, but I speak in reference to Christ and the church.

And as already mentioned, Jesus identifies the cup at the last supper as the cup of the new covenant...

Do you need more?

Peace!

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello there,

In Christ Jesus
Chris

It was. Gentiles are only grafted in. Romans 11

Reactions: Philip James