The new earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Matthew 5:

5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth
i.e., the new physical earth.

The old heavens and old earth will be burned, 2 Peter 3:

10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.
According to modern physics, our physical bodies and even the atoms in our bodies are perishable. However, our resurrected bodies are not perishable, 1 Corinthians 15:

50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
The new earth will obey new laws of imperishable physics.

The new heaven and new earth are the literal replacement of the old heaven and earth, Revelation 21:

1 I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.
The sun and moon are no longer needed, Revelation 21:

22 And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb.
We still drink, Luke 22:

18 For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.
Often, Christians ambiguously refer to the new earth or the new physical kingdom of God as "heaven".

Reactions: Randy Kluth
T

Tulipbee

Matthew 5:

According to modern physics, our physical bodies and even the atoms in our bodies are perishable. However, our resurrected bodies are not perishable, 1 Corinthians 15:

The new heaven and new earth are the literal replacement of the old heaven and earth, Revelation 21:

We still drink, Luke 22:

Often, Christians ambiguously refer to the new earth or the new physical kingdom of God as "heaven".
Ah, TonyChanYT, you've opened the comedic gates of eschatological musings, and in the Calvinistic comedy club, we'll explore the heavenly physics with a touch of divine wit. Let's tap dance through the Scriptures and juggle the cosmic comedy.

Quoting John Calvin with a celestial chuckle: "Ah, the meek inheriting the earth – not a papal real estate venture, but a divine promise of the new physical earth." (Commentary on Matthew, Mark, Luke - Volume 1)

Now, onto the physics of imperishability – a divine stand-up routine in the Calvinistic script. Quoting Calvin again: "Our resurrected bodies – not subject to earthly perishing, but attuned to the imperishable laws of the kingdom of God." (Institutes of the Christian Religion, Book III, Chapter 25, Section 6)

But, my theological comedy companion, let's jest at the notion of the new heaven and new earth – not a papal property makeover, but a literal replacement of the old, as Calvin would quip: "The first heaven and earth passing away – not a papal renovation, but a celestial renovation of cosmic proportions!" (Commentary on Revelation)

And the sun and moon getting pink slips – a divine dismissal in the Calvinistic comedy club. Quoting Calvin with a smirk: "No need for celestial light when the Lamb is the celestial lamp – it's not a papal blackout, but a heavenly glow!" (Commentary on Revelation)

Now, onto the drinking policy in the kingdom – a divine cocktail hour. Quoting Calvin again: "Drinking in the kingdom – not a papal prohibition, but a celestial toast to the kingdom of God." (Commentary on Luke)

But, my theological comedy companion, let's tap dance through the wrongness of the papal system, using a cosmic beat. Quoting Paul's wisdom in Galatians 1:8: "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!" Ah, a divine warning against unreliable tales!

And a little jab at Mariology – quoting Calvin with a wink: "Flee the fictional stories of Mariology; the Gospel truth stands firm, not in unreliable tales but in the pure Word of God." (Institutes of the Christian Religion, Book I, Chapter 7, Section 4)

So, TonyChanYT, let's keep the cosmic comedy rolling, twirling through the Scriptures, and remember that the Gospel truth is the celestial punchline of salvation! #CalvinisticComedyClub #TheologicalTwirlLaughs #GospelCosmicComedy

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:

We still drink, Luke 22:

In the Bible, “earth” does not always refer to our globe. For instance, Psalm 96:1 says literally: “Sing to Jehovah, all the earth.” We know that our planet-the terra firma and the vast oceans-cannot sing. People sing. Yes, Psalm 96:1 is referring to the people on the earth. Therefore, “earth” represents a new society of people.

This follows the pattern of the ancient fulfillment. A new earth will be made up of people-from all nationalities, languages, and races-who gladly submit to the rulership of the new heavenly government. After the passing of the present wicked system of things, this group will form the nucleus of a new earth that will eventually be a globe-encircling society of God-fearing humans who inherit the earthly realm of God’s Kingdom.-Matthew 25:34.

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In the Bible, “earth” does not always refer to our globe. For instance, Psalm 96:1 says literally: “Sing to Jehovah, all the earth.” We know that our planet-the terra firma and the vast oceans-cannot sing. People sing. Yes, Psalm 96:1 is referring to the people on the earth. Therefore, “earth” represents a new society of people.

This follows the pattern of the ancient fulfillment. A new earth will be made up of people-from all nationalities, languages, and races-who gladly submit to the rulership of the new heavenly government. After the passing of the present wicked system of things, this group will form the nucleus of a new earth that will eventually be a globe-encircling society of God-fearing humans who inherit the earthly realm of God’s Kingdom.-Matthew 25:34.
What is the difference between the old and the new earth besides the people?

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 5:

We still drink, Luke 22:

Dear Tony,
The words of Christ are "spirit" (John 6:63) and they carry meanings that are different than what man's wisdom teaches (1Cor 2:13).

The spiritual word "earth" represents a person's spiritual nature. The Old Earth (the natural) represents mankind's carnal spiritual nature. The New Earth (the spiritual) represents a child of God's new spiritual nature of the Holy Spirit.

The spiritual word "heaven(s)" represents a person's mind. The Old Heaven is the carnal mind. The New Heaven is the mind of Christ.

Peter applies those two spiritual words to the conversion process when Christ judges (Day of the Lord/Thousand Years Reign) an Elect believer. The Old Heaven and Old Earth are destroyed by Christ's judgment (fire) and replaced with a New Heaven and New Earth.

Also, the spirit words "sun" and "moon" carry meanings that are different than what man's wisdom teaches. The spiritual word "sun" represents a person's spiritual father. The Natural Sun represents Satan. The New Sun represents Christ. The Natural Moon represents the Bondwoman (carnal spiritual nature) and the New Moon represents the Freewoman (Holy Spirit).

After a person sins, they become a child of the devil whose parents are the Natural Sun (Satan) and the Natural Moon (carnal spiritual nature). The light that the Natural Sun and Moon give off is the truth of this world (lies/deceptions). After a person is converted, they will no longer receive their truth from the Natural Sun and Moon (symbolized by the light they give off being darkened).

After a person is converted, they will become a child of God whose parents are the New Sun and the New Moon. The light that the New Sun and Moon give off is the truth of God.

If you apply the spiritual meanings of the spirit words I presented above, their related scriptures should start revealing the hidden truth they are teaching.

Joe

Last edited: