The Offer of Salvation : is Universal, but the application is only : By Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Often a believer can become confused about ...... "Salvation" ..... and how its offered and how its applied.

So, let me simplify it by explaining it..... and then show you 2 key verses that will help you to clearly see a distinction between God offering The Cross of Christ to all, but not applying it to all.

Here is how God offers the Gift of Grace..... Romans 5:15.

God came here 2000 yrs ago, and died as Christ on the Cross for us ALL.
This is a one time and eternal sacrifice for ALL the sin of the world.
That is the OFFER of SALVATiON.....that is universally offered.
However, this sacrifice, this payment for all the sin of the world, is not Applied to anyone unless they BELIEVE.

See that?

FAITH, is what God requires of you, to give you His "Gift of Grace" that is "the Gift of Salvation" ...which is given to redeem you from your sin, and give you eternal life.

So, the OFFER of Christ on the Cross is to EVERYONE, but, this Sacrifice that Christ has accomplished... .this full payment for all sin... is not given to you, is not applied to you.......unless you come to Jesus and BELIEVE by FAITH and "faith is counted as righteousness", and you are "Justified BY faith".
Jesus said..>"all that come unto me, i give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish".

Reader...... If you will take Christ into your heart believing in Jesus as your Savior...., then God will take you as His OWN.
John 3:16......... is the OFFER of the Gift of Grace, the Gift of Salvation to the WORLD....but to have it applied to you.. is only when you BELIEVE in Jesus, receiving Him as your Savior.

Verse 1 : John 1:12.. "As many as RECEIVED CHRIST BY FAITH - = God GIVES them......the POWER TO BECOME a SON/Daughter of God".
See that?
That POWER is the Holy Spirit causing your spirit to become ALIVE and "one with God", ... born again., "In Christ".

Verse 2 : 1 John 2:2.... """ And Jesus is the Payment, is the Sacrifice, for the SIN of the WHOLE WORLD".

See that?
That is what Jesus is talking about, when from the Cross He said..>"it is FINISHED".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Salvation is : God providing Jesus's Life, Blood, Death, and Resurrection, for your redemption.

What is your part in that?
Its to receive it.....its to "by faith" receive what God has provided for you, as your redemption.

The verse says...>"for God so loved the WORLD, that He GAVE".

And this giving, is the Grace of God as Christ on the Cross.
This is the GIFT of Salvation, its JESUS Himself, who is given to "as many as will BELIEVE".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Salvation is not a process.
Salvation is not something that God started and you take it from there, hoping you dont lose it.
Salvation is not water, works, enduring, or trying to "be like Christ".

What Is Salvation?
Salvation is The God man.
Its Jesus Himself.
He is Salvation.
He is Eternal life.
He is Redemption.
He is full payment for the sin of the world.
He is the Grace of God.
He is THE WAY to be saved, as Jesus is THE ONLY WAY to God., and there is no other.

If you are born again, then you have Jesus in you, and you are "in Christ" and THAT is your Salvation.......at its eternal.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Narrow is the Way to God.
Broad is the way to Hell.

The "narrow way", is literally the only way, whereas the "broad way" is the endless attempts to find the way.

Religion, is the Broad way. And all religion exists outside the only way to God, as the only way to God is the narrow way, and Religion, which is man's attempt to become like God or to find God, never can find it.
Why?
Because the only way you find God is provided by God, not by man.
The Narrow way, is JESUS, who said .. .I am THE WAY to the Father. John 14:6
See that?
That is a very narrow way, as its only ONE,, and there is your "straight gate".... which completely omits all other "broad ways" that are man's failed religious attempt to achieve connection with God.

Religion says...>"there are many ways to God, many paths'

Jesus says....>There is only one way to the Father...and IM "THE WAY".

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree absolutely. Everyone will be saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven. At the same time, EVERYONE will be saved.
The truth is everyone will believe in faith alone to be saved by Jesus Christ.
It is physically impossible for anyone to be reconciled with God unless through the Holy blood spilled by our Lord and Saviour Christ Jesus on the cross!

1 Corinthians 15:22-28 All will be made alive in Christ, but each in his own turn and ultimately Christ will subdue all his enemies, eliminate death and God will be all in all.

There are some that are not presently saved right now, but everyone will be in the future! Because presently, there are some who do not believe in Jesus Christ with faith alone. That's why the verse mentions "but each in his own turn". They are the ones who go to the broad way. But eventually, everyone will come to the narrow way, the only way, salvation in faith alone through Jesus Christ.

It is guaranteed that everyone will go to Heaven because it is the Lorsd will. Nothing can stop Him. He promised in the beginning and time and time again to save everyone, thus His will shall be carried out!

The "narrow way", is literally the only way, whereas the "broad way" is the endless attempts to find the way.
Yes. Humanity will think themselves wise and try to make other ways to Heaven. All of the false ways require some sort of work. Buddhism requires you to perform the work of meditation. Hinduism needs you to align your chakras. Islam forces you to uphold their five pillars. Etc.

ISAIAH 54:7-8 "For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with deep compassion I will bring you back. In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you," says the Lord your Redeemer.

Our life on Earth is like that brief moment of abandonment. There are people on Earth, atheists, agnostics, who don’t believe God exists, or does not know of His existance. Even those people will be saved through Jesus Christ. All people will have the opportunity to know God, to trust in Him of their own free will. He will come to save us in the end with everlasting compassion. He will not give up on us.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I agree absolutely. Everyone will be saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.

Yes.

God provided Jesus as our way to heaven.
He is the only way. John 14:6

Many will deny this, pretending to know God and love Jesus..... and contradict the only way to heaven..., and teach a false gospel of the devil.
Which one is that?
Its any that tell you that you have to do something to earn or keep Salvation.

Here is how the devil led (mind blinded) (by the god of this world)......sound, when they try to deny the Gift of God's Grace who is Jesus the Blood Atonement.

"ummmm, , yes, of course our salvation begins with Jesus....but then, you have to.....>"

"ummm< yes, Jesus is the savior, BUT........but you must also"......

"ummmm, once you are saved, you then have to keep, and do, and perform, and endure, and confess and WORK, and water, and commandments, and live in a state of repentance"...""""

Reactions: Harold

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Often a believer can become confused about ...... "Salvation" ..... and how its offered and how its applied.

So, let me simplify it by explaining it..... and then show you 2 key verses that will help you to clearly see a distinction between God offering The Cross of Christ to all, but not applying it to all.

Here is how God offers the Gift of Grace..... Romans 5:15.

God came here 2000 yrs ago, and died as Christ on the Cross for us ALL.
This is a one time and eternal sacrifice for ALL the sin of the world.
That is the OFFER of SALVATiON.....that is universally offered.
However, this sacrifice, this payment for all the sin of the world, is not Applied to anyone unless they BELIEVE.

See that?

FAITH, is what God requires of you, to give you His "Gift of Grace" that is "the Gift of Salvation" ...which is given to redeem you from your sin, and give you eternal life.

So, the OFFER of Christ on the Cross is to EVERYONE, but, this Sacrifice that Christ has accomplished... .this full payment for all sin... is not given to you, is not applied to you.......unless you come to Jesus and BELIEVE by FAITH and "faith is counted as righteousness", and you are "Justified BY faith".
Jesus said..>"all that come unto me, i give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish".

Reader...... If you will take Christ into your heart believing in Jesus as your Savior...., then God will take you as His OWN.
John 3:16......... is the OFFER of the Gift of Grace, the Gift of Salvation to the WORLD....but to have it applied to you.. is only when you BELIEVE in Jesus, receiving Him as your Savior.

Verse 1 : John 1:12.. "As many as RECEIVED CHRIST BY FAITH - = God GIVES them......the POWER TO BECOME a SON/Daughter of God".
See that?
That POWER is the Holy Spirit causing your spirit to become ALIVE and "one with God", ... born again., "In Christ".

Verse 2 : 1 John 2:2.... """ And Jesus is the Payment, is the Sacrifice, for the SIN of the WHOLE WORLD".

See that?
That is what Jesus is talking about, when from the Cross He said..>"it is FINISHED".
Do you think Jesus was wrong in what he said in Mat 7:21-23 Be? How bout his brother James in Chap 2:17-19? Neither do I, but perhaps you understand it differently than myself, what are those verses telling you?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Do you think Jesus was wrong in what he said in Mat 7:21-23 Be? How bout his brother James in Chap 2:17-19? Neither do I, but perhaps you understand it differently than myself, what are those verses telling you?

"dead faith", does not mean anything else.

See, if a person is born again then God has already received them as a Son/Daughter.

If later they have a faith issue, then that is very common., and if that happens..... then God still continues their Salvation, as He is Faithful to complete it..

Philippians 1:6

Notice also.......if a believer is not faithful, then that is a sad situation, however God IS Faithful, 2 Timothy 2:13. and that is why Salvation is Eternal.

Robupo

Nov 4, 2022
Croatia
Faith
Christian
Country
Kazakhstan
Are there any of the moderators?
I can't write to the topic.
Thank you.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"dead faith", does not mean anything else.

See, if a person is born again then God has already received them as a Son/Daughter.

If later they have a faith issue, then that is very common., and if that happens..... then God still continues their Salvation, as He is Faithful to complete it..

Philippians 1:6

Notice also.......if a believer is not faithful, then that is a sad situation, however God IS Faithful, 2 Timothy 2:13. and that is why Salvation is Eternal.
God has chosen them Be. He anoints them with holy spirit, what the term born again means. Salvation is eternal for them once they are saved, as they are referred to as being immortal, a concept in which I personally struggle with, but the Bible does state they are given immortality.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Philippians 3:20-21: "But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like His glorious body, by the power that enables Him to subject all things to Himself."

When someone is saved by believing in Jesus Christ through faith alone, a seed is planted. As this Christian tree grows, it can produce good works, like a tree bears fruit. Good works are NOT required for salvation. It is ONLY through faith alone in Christ Jesus we are saved. Good works are the byproduct of being already saved.

John 6:47: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”

Acts 10:43: “To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.”

If you try to do good works before being saved, it's pointless for salvation, because everyone is born a sinner. One sin, or many sins, the wage is always the same, death. But believing in Jesus Christ through faith alone and being saved gives us a platform, a foundation to do good works, as Christ has washed away all of our sins. The Holy Spirit dwells inside us

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:20-21: "But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like His glorious body, by the power that enables Him to subject all things to Himself."

When someone is saved by believing in Jesus Christ through faith alone, a seed is planted. As this Christian tree grows, it can produce good works, like a tree bears fruit. Good works are NOT required for salvation. It is ONLY through faith alone in Christ Jesus we are saved. Good works are the byproduct of being already saved.

John 6:47: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.”

Acts 10:43: “To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.”

If you try to do good works before being saved, it's pointless for salvation, because everyone is born a sinner. One sin, or many sins, the wage is always the same, death. But believing in Jesus Christ through faith alone and being saved gives us a platform, a foundation to do good works, as Christ has washed away all of our sins. The Holy Spirit dwells inside us

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
actually Be, I believe the inspired Scriptures state clearly that faith without works is dead. So I gather you believe works is not necessary. May I ask why you are posting here, is that not works?