The Only True God, the God of Jesus Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, he didn't. God said his name would be "Jehovah" FOREVER. Not "Jesus".
So did Jesus -- who is God -- say that His name is Yahweh (Jehovah). Yahweh is also I AM or I AM THAT I AM, and Jesus said that He Himself is I AM. Thus he is called "the Lord God Almighty" (with the Father).

REVELATION 1:8-18 CHRIST IS THE ALMIGHTY GOD
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty...

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send
it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

His head and
his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

So now we know that the one who was dead and lives forever more -- the Lord Jesus Christ -- is the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end, and also the Lord God Almighty.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So did Jesus -- who is God -- say that His name is Yahweh (Jehovah). Yahweh is also I AM or I AM THAT I AM, and Jesus said that He Himself is I AM. Thus he is called "the Lord God Almighty" (with the Father).

REVELATION 1: CHRIST IS THE ALMIGHTY
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty...

I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send
it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

His head and
his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

So now we know that the one who was dead and lives forever more -- the Lord Jesus Christ -- is the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end, and also the Lord God Almighty.
Yes, dear friend, but unfortunately you have used a verse of Scripture that the Jehovah Only and Forever worshippers have deemed unsuitable and thus non-existent. They know this because of the long and careful study of the MS, MSS, and PMS parchments.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No, he didn't. God said his name would be "Jehovah" FOREVER. Not "Jesus"."

'Not Jesus'. That about sums it up.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, dear friend, but unfortunately you have used a verse of Scripture that the Jehovah Only and Forever worshippers have deemed unsuitable and thus non-existent.
Actually they have changed Revelation 1:8 to mean it applies to God the Father. Here is their New World Translation, in corrupted form: “I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

But the context makes it perfectly clear that these words were spoken by the Son of Man -- the Lord Jesus Christ -- the one who was dead and is alive forever more. Amen.

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah was a title.
And never forever.

Nope.

Ex 3:14- And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. 15- And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,

>>> Jehovah, <<<

the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:

>>> this is my name FOREVER, <<<

and this is my memorial unto all generations.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, that symbolic name that Jehovah used only ONE time the scholars believe it to read "I will prove to be".
Sorry, for all you believing Church Fable.

• Haha
Reactions: FactsPlease

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations." (Exodus 3)

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them." (Exodus 6)

And so the Lord God is the name for ever. The name Jehovah was unknown at the time of the One named Lord God for ever. And so Jehovah was given as another name later. So the First 'for ever' name Lord God was changed to Jehovah, a more personal name. Ok. And that First personal name was changed again to an even more personal name: Jesus.

The First true God named the Lord God, the next true God named Jehovah, and the Last true God named Jesus. "I am the First and the Last"

Scripture works every time you read it as written.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually they have changed Revelation 1:8 to mean it applies to God the Father. Here is their New World Translation, in corrupted form: “I am the Alʹpha and the O·meʹga,” says Jehovah God, “the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.”

But the context makes it perfectly clear that these words were spoken by the Son of Man -- the Lord Jesus Christ -- the one who was dead and is alive forever more. Amen.
As well as in the last chapter. Unmistakably the Lord Jesus, the true witness. Unless, of course you don't like that, and want to believe something else.

theQuestioneer

May 16, 2021
Seattle, WA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmmm!
They you believe some scripture, but not OTHERS?
And you say "Jehovah" would be his name forever, but "Lord"?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I know God to be these three, and I also know Him to be one. Our puny brains can't comprehend His greatness, but I know Him. And I know those like you, who are adversaries to His truth, the truth. Don't you people ever give up?

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REVELATION 1:8-18 CHRIST IS THE ALMIGHTY GOD
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty...

logo-300x101.png

Jehovah’s Divine Name restored to the King James Version

Are you sure you haven't been lied too? You make the False assumption that Jesus Christ is God in (Rev 1:8) Look at your translation... No Jesus Christ nor God in that translation. However, it did state Jehovah God.

Translators not only removed God's Name but removed GOD from the passage. Replacing it with LORD because that's what they did.... and that deception did not go far enough so they took LORD and made it into a little Lord ... (Rev 1:8)

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the LORD (God Jehovah Isa 44:6; Gen 17:1; Exo 6:3 ), which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Rev 1:8)

CHRIST IS THE ALMIGHTY GOD is not in Any Bible nor can you find that phrase in the trinity. It's a false gospel. I guess he didn't believe Jesus' own testimony at (John 3:16)??

Since Jesus was begotten, then he was begotten by someone else who already existed.

Reactions: theQuestioneer

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
logo-300x101.png

Jehovah’s Divine Name restored to the King James Version

Are you sure you haven't been lied too? You make the False assumption that Jesus Christ is God in (Rev 1:8) Look at your translation... No Jesus Christ nor God in that translation. However, it did state Jehovah God.

Translators not only removed God's Name but removed GOD from the passage. Replacing it with LORD because that's what they did.... and that deception did not go far enough so they took LORD and made it into a little Lord ... (Rev 1:8)

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the LORD (God Jehovah Isa 44:6; Gen 17:1; Exo 6:3 ), which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. (Rev 1:8)

CHRIST IS THE ALMIGHTY GOD is not in Any Bible nor can you find that phrase in the trinity. It's a false gospel. I guess he didn't believe Jesus' own testimony at (John 3:16)??

Since Jesus was begotten, then he was begotten by someone else who already existed.
Since the KJV introduced the added word, "church," to God's word, I know better than to believe that it is the "authorized" version. As far as the added word "church" goes, check out Revelation 22:19. Covid, anyone?

Reactions: theQuestioneer
Status
Not open for further replies.